Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I effing love pop tarts.

I have a pop tart maker, though I say (pop taht makah), where you make the dough, fill with whatever you want then shut and walah.. warm pastry.

Nutella with vanilla frosting is my favorite.

"voila" - sorry I had to. I'm working on that character defect of mine. Are you from BAHS-ton?

I am!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    So I gave Pop Tarts another chance... Straight out of the package this time. No bueno. :indifferent: Ended up making my own brown sugar cinnamon toast to satisfy my brown sugar cinnamon craving. :laugh:

Straight out of the package?!??

:angry:

What part of toaster pastry do you not understand?

At least she's trying. Give her a break, you big, 3,000 calorie a day consuming meanie.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    One of the most overrated food stuffs out there esp in the pastry dept.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    This is a matter of personal preference. I would rather eat many other things with my calories over pop tarts, even for a treat.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    One pastry is about 200 calories. I think for a treat they are worth it especially if you cut one in half and put ice cream between the halfs. My favorites are brown sugar cinnamon and confetti cupcake. Red velvet are alright especially warm, but I didn't think either of the peanut butter ones were worth it.

Maybe take a brown cinnamon one cut in half and have some Salted Caramel Gelato in there........okay this is sounding pretty good!
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    try special K pastry crisps. they have several flavors and only 100 calories for 2! and the best part is ....they taste like pop tart without the super calories (400 per tart)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    try special K pastry crisps. they have several flavors and only 100 calories for 2! and the best part is ....they taste like pop tart without the super calories (400 per tart)

that didn't sound bad until you added "taste like pop tarts"... so no, thanks.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    One of the most overrated food stuffs out there esp in the pastry dept.

Yup.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    So I gave Pop Tarts another chance... Straight out of the package this time. No bueno. :indifferent: Ended up making my own brown sugar cinnamon toast to satisfy my brown sugar cinnamon craving. :laugh:

At least she's trying. Give her a break, you big, 3,000 calorie a day consuming meanie.

Don't you excessively-high-TDEE-calorie-shame me!

And she may be trying, but she's doing it wrong.

That would be like me melting down a pint of B&J ice cream and then evaluating it.

TL;DR - Poptarts are supposed to be toasted...and frosted. Anything else is wrong.

Truth.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    One pastry is about 200 calories. I think for a treat they are worth it especially if you cut one in half and put ice cream between the halfs. My favorites are brown sugar cinnamon and confetti cupcake. Red velvet are alright especially warm, but I didn't think either of the peanut butter ones were worth it.

Maybe take a brown cinnamon one cut in half and have some Salted Caramel Gelato in there........okay this is sounding pretty good!

tumblr_lo3qaaRuus1qhaleao1_500.gif
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I adore the chocolate chip ones. Yummy chocolatey goodness.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options

Don't you excessively-high-TDEE-calorie-shame me!

And she may be trying, but she's doing it wrong.

That would be like me melting down a pint of B&J ice cream and then evaluating it.

TL;DR - Poptarts are supposed to be toasted...and frosted. Anything else is wrong.

Truth.

Oh, this just reminded me--when I was a kid we didn't have a toaster. I had pop tarts a couple times warmed in the microwave and couldn't understand what the fuss was all about. Then I went to college and bought a toaster. :wink:
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't had them in years (Not that I was avoiding them but I had other goodies in mind!) but I saw a Brown Sugar Cinnamon one in the grocery the other day and it caught my attention! I absolutely LOVE cinnamon! I never saw that flavor before. I think the last one I had was a chocolate chip one.

Anyway, is it worth buying? calories Or just ehhh?

What's your favorite Pop Tart flavor?

(Or should I just get fig newtons? Lol)

I am crazy for your profile pic. I hope that you actually own and wear those shoes every single day.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I say if you really want one, eat one, get it out of your system and enjoy it
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The best ones are s'mores with cookie dough ice cream in the middle. Or salted caramel gelato.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    It has been YEARS since I've had one, but strawberry or S'mores are the only flavors I'd cheat on my diet with.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I find poptarts really underwhelming and not worth the calories. The crust is boring and tasteless. I always burn my mouth when I toast them. :yawn:
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I can't do Pop Tarts...

because of Toaster Strudels...
    :heart:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    How is this even a question?

Pop-tarts are always worth it. ALWAYS.

Especially the brown sugar ones...those my faves. I like them just barely burned so that some of the sugar frosting starts to caramelize.

I especially like that I can now exercise control and only eat one. Win win!

FWIW, I do treat them like a dessert. I eat them at the end of my day if I have room left over. I don't rely on them to meet my other nutritional needs.