Detox water!!

Options

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    . Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

Oh GAWD. As if dirty food isn't enough, now we have dirty energy!
    I prefer my energy dirty! It helps with training dirty. I'm supposed to eat clean and train dirty right? That's what they always say!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    . Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.

I always have dirty energy! :blushing:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Health Benefits of Lemon Water
    Promotes hydration

SOLD!!
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 'ginger tea with lemon' kick for the past couple of days and let me tell you it's a great detox. I didn't know they use it as a detox, I was just trying to get rid of this cold without having to resort to antibiotics. Works really well.

Tazo has an organic chai with a blend of spices, but I don't find it works that well.

Colds are viral...they do not give antibiotics for a virus. Take some zinc, that will help.

Seriously...if your Doctor prescribed you antibiotics for a cold...time to get a new doctor.

you don t know what your talking about!!!!! stating a antibiotics not for cold! did you ask the person why they on them because as I am asthmatic every time I get the cold I end up on antibiotics and steroids so before commenting do research instead of talking out your backside!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the whole detox fad... doesn't your liver and kidneys already detox your body? As for helping your liver and kidneys detox your body... water. That's it. Unless some new science has come out. As for "detoxing your liver"... water.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Dirty energy, dark energy's dirty and lazy cousin that tries to decelerate the expansion of the universe!!! :sad:
  • EllieB_5
    Options
    [...]
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Boosts hydrochloric acid production

How on earth are you increasing stomach acid production while simultaneously increasing pH levels? Also the blood purification bit.. seriously??

The claim (from the woo-mongers) is that lemon magically raises the pH of BLOOD, not the stomach. Although how a small amount of lemon juice is going to affect the pH of my carbonate-buffered blood is beyond me. In fact, it would be very worrying if true, as I like my blood to be at the correct pH (hence why we have the buffering system in the first place).

Stahps with your sciences!! It's affecting my lemonade sales :tongue:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 'ginger tea with lemon' kick for the past couple of days and let me tell you it's a great detox. I didn't know they use it as a detox, I was just trying to get rid of this cold without having to resort to antibiotics. Works really well.

Tazo has an organic chai with a blend of spices, but I don't find it works that well.

Colds are viral...they do not give antibiotics for a virus. Take some zinc, that will help.

Seriously...if your Doctor prescribed you antibiotics for a cold...time to get a new doctor.

you don t know what your talking about!!!!! stating a antibiotics not for cold! did you ask the person why they on them because as I am asthmatic every time I get the cold I end up on antibiotics and steroids so before commenting do research instead of talking out your backside!

Sounds like some dirty energy you have going on there.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If your blood needs to be purified, you're going to need a lot more than a squeeze of lemon.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Colds are caused by rhinovirus which, as a virus, is unaffected by antibiotics. Inflammation associated with an autoimmune disorder such as asthma can increase the risk of opportunistic infection by bacteria and this can be aggrevated by a cold but that has nothing to do with the cold itself. Steroids are often given as an anti-inflammatory in those exact circumstances.

Antiobiotics kill bacteria, not viruses. This is just fact.

So yes...if you have "a cold" (not asthma) you should not be prescribed antibiotics for the cold. No, I am not "talking out of my backside".

If you do not believe me feel free to ask your doctor if you were given antibiotics to specifically deal with your cold or because of inflammation associated with your asthma and treatment with steroids.
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This post made me really angry.

Just....no! Just....STAAAAHHHHP!

ETA:

Colds are caused by rhinovirus which, as a virus, is unaffected by antibiotics. Inflammation associated with an autoimmune disorder such as asthma can increase the risk of opportunistic infection by bacteria and this can be aggrevated by a cold but that has nothing to do with the cold itself. Steroids are often given as an anti-inflammatory in those exact circumstances.

So yes...if you have "a cold" (not asthma) you should not be perscribed antibiotics for the cold. No, I am not "talking out of my backside".

If you do not believe me feel free to ask your doctor if you were given antibiotics to specifically deal with your cold or because of inflammation associated with your asthma.

I also have asthma and this ^^^^ is correct. I'd be sketched out of any doctor telling you otherwise.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Promotes hydration
    Natural energy boost
    Promotes an alkaline pH
    Promotes Elimination
    Aids digestion
    Boosts immune system
    Boosts hydrochloric acid production
    Natural diuretic
    Antibacterial properties
    Aids with gastric upsets such as heartburn and indigestion
    Purifies the blood
    Promotes healthy liver enzyme levels
    Promotes circulation in the liver
    Helps dissolve uric acid in the joints
    Acts as a natural solvent for calcium deposits, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and gallstones
    The vitamin C nourishes and rejuvenates your skin from the inside, bringing you a healthy glow

Energy Boost & Hydration
    Citric acid in lemon is highly electrically active, and pure water acts as a conductor to deliver electrolytes directly to your cells. It’s liken to a liquid sunshine burst that boosts cell energy and nourishes your adrenals for a clean energy output that sustains you throughout your day. This is why lemon water is so effective with helping people kick the coffee habit. Coffee is dehydrating and stresses your adrenals. Although you’re temporarily energized, this kind of dirty energy is actually very draining and depletes your body’s energy reserves.
    Lol. Wow.
    ^^^ that^^^ Miracle drink????
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wow, angry bunch. It's not a magical cure, you have to do your hard work with exercise and proper nutrition, but there are so many health benefits to lemons. Adding to the water can't harm.

It amazes me how MFP forums bring out the absolute negative types. It's a board, with opinions. So yours differs, my goodness, personal attacks are hardly necessary.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I add lemon juice to my water because the water in my town sucks (even after Brita) and the lemon makes it taste nice. I don't think it will have some magic effect on my blubber.
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have tried all of it. Nothing helped weightloss-wise. The only thing I can say about the honey & cinnamon tea is that it really helps with arthritis issues. My mom tried it when I did. She kept on after two months because it really helped her rhumatoid arthritis.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    but there are so many health benefits to lemons.

Such as?
    Wow, angry bunch.

You seem to be confusing skepticism and humor with anger. I am not angry, I am just skeptical about the magical properties of lemons.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    This post made me really angry.

Just....no! Just....STAAAAHHHHP!

ETA:

So yes...if you have "a cold" (not asthma) you should not be perscribed antibiotics for the cold. No, I am not "talking out of my backside".

If you do not believe me feel free to ask your doctor if you were given antibiotics to specifically deal with your cold or because of inflammation associated with your asthma.

I also have asthma and this ^^^^ is correct. I'd be sketched out of any doctor telling you otherwise.

While you are waiting for doctor response enjoy this cartoon meme

20130128-203646.jpg
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I've never understood the whole detox fad... doesn't your liver and kidneys already detox your body? As for helping your liver and kidneys detox your body... water. That's it. Unless some new science has come out. As for "detoxing your liver"... water.

+1
  • EllieB_5
    Options
    Wow, angry bunch. It's not a magical cure, you have to do your hard work with exercise and proper nutrition, but there are so many health benefits to lemons. Adding to the water can't harm.

It amazes me how MFP forums bring out the absolute negative types. It's a board, with opinions. So yours differs, my goodness, personal attacks are hardly necessary.

Fine, I'll be serious.

I recently started drinking a smoothie touted as a weight-loss smoothie. Of course, it includes green tea and lemons. I drink it not for it's amazing weight-loss benefits but because that citrus-y goodness first thing in the morning boosts my mood and the caffeine gives me a kick. Not to mention the spinach, dairy, hemp hearts, et al make it a decent breakfast.

There's limited research into foods as weight-loss tools and none are definitive. Until something definitive appears on my Google scholar, I would say lemons probably do not improve weight-loss.