using your children as a profile pic?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Meh. doesn't bother me. The only thing that bothers me are catfish or people with clearly photoshopped body shots. Not the instagram color change thing, I couldn't care less about that, but the obvious distortion type things. If you haven't earned it, don't pretend by fiddling with your body.

Man, I wish I'd read this before my afternoon body fiddling session. I really hate to dissappoint one of my favorite MFP members.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't even use my own profile pic.

Personally, I never ever post pictures of my kids anywhere online. There are too many cracker jacks out there.

This.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    And what if idgaf about a stupid stock photo of a flower. Maybe I prefer to see people's bodies. Everyone in MFP should cater to me. Make me happy. Please me.

I've decided... I don't want anyone to post their face. No really. I don't want to see your face. It's not MyFacePal.. it's myFITNESSpal. If you can't show me evidence of your fitness - or quest to achieve it - in your profile pic, then why are you here? Cmon... seriously?

I think my personal preference should TOTALLY dictate what EVERY OTHER PERSON on this site does with their profile pics. And if they disagree with me, then I'm totally calling them down.

I hereby declare...

If you don't agree with me... your decision as to what you post is ridiculous, annoying, and whatever you pick that doesn't please me I hereby deem as fugly.

Because I have been dubbed judge and jury of all things MFP.

ETA... besides... it's impossible to *kitten* to your profile pic when it's not you in the pic. sheesh.

:flowerforyou: *smooch*
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Only thing that bugs me is people not having a pic at all, it screams 'fake' and/or 'troll'.

This does not bother me for that reason but sometimes I have found myself exiting an otherwise interesting topic just because it got hard to keep track of all the blue busts as to who was saying what. I know that reading their names SHOULD help with this but it's so much easier whenever people have a pic of any sort. Even easier when their tickers are unique. I like reading the end of someone's words and not having to scroll up b/c the ticker of her driftwood or sandwich fixin's tells me exactly who wrote that. None of the other stuff bothers me.

Although I will have to agree with OP but for different reasons. If I found out my sis or any family member was using the face of her child as her profile pic I'd respectfully try to help her understand that her child is under the age of consent to having his/her image all over the interwebs and especially on a site like this where opinions get so heated and people take issue with a lot.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Meh. doesn't bother me. The only thing that bothers me are catfish or people with clearly photoshopped body shots. Not the instagram color change thing, I couldn't care less about that, but the obvious distortion type things. If you haven't earned it, don't pretend by fiddling with your body.

Man, I wish I'd read this before my afternoon body fiddling session. I really hate to dissappoint one of my favorite MFP members.

If you post pics, I can judge the fiddling. I'm helpful like that.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think you should probably mind your own business. I don't foresee this ending well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    The thing people focus on. /smh
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bite me :)
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Love my kiddos to death; but being the mother of 3 teenage girls... I find that I feel the need to protect them. So I very very rarely use them in my profile pictures and I won't post them as the only person in my profile picture... because clearly they aren't me. And honestly they might get embarrassed; and I am sooooooo good at that these days :laugh:

Too many weirdos have ruined it for us parents... gotta keep those babies safe!!! :heart:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Because my kid and I work out together. He's pretty awesome. He can deadlift more than his body weight...he can run 2 miles...

That said I usually only put pics of just him up if there is a reason I want to share a particular pic with my friends :)
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    I guess it could be worse...I could be posting photos of YOUR child! LOL
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    bite me :)

Can I just nibble on the toes?

BTW, GREAT squat form!
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Someone's boxer motivates them...? :huh:

:laugh:
    My dogs motivate me. They need to be walked, and they should be getting walked twice a day. Being capable of walking them more is a motivator in losing weight; walking them because they've been cooped up means I'm walking instead of sitting on the damn couch.
    If you don't agree with me... your decision as to what you post is ridiculous, annoying, and whatever you pick that doesn't please me I hereby deem as fugly.
    I thought that was the norm on the internets.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I've watched my parents declined from cardiovascular disease.and it was pretty awful. When each retired, they decided to indulge and progressively gained more weight with each year. There's nothing like remembering your parents in pain.

My family is my major motivator. I never want our son to see me like that.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'll go even more rediculous. Pics of their pets.

I don't care about your pets or kids. You are the subject. Show your own face.

I'd take you a bit more serious if you could learn to spell.

You think some of these pictures are of real people and not a picture they picked off of the web?

I'll use whatever picture I want!

This is one of the most REDiculous discussions ever. This is not a nanny site.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I won't get any noodz if my kids are my profile pic. So there's that.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Agree. Absolutely infuriating.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Which is it, either you don't care, or you get irritated??
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Which is it, either you don't care, or you get irritated??

don't complicate things... just bow to his wishes.

:)
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Wow, this man posted an opinion and posed a question and you guys are interrogating him like he's the Son of Sam. People on this site can be so freaking rude it's unbelievable.