Pregnancy 2011 - January

Options

Replies

• Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Lynn, Congrats on the little boy. I know so many people who are expecting boy's right now (including me)

I need your guy's thoughts. This might be TMI but I want to make sure I am not going crazy.

I feel like I have to go to the bathroom constently. This has been going on since Christmas. When I go, I cant go much, but I still feel like I have to go as soon as I am done. I have had UTI's before and usually they hurt, but this isn't painful at all. It is just super annoying because I feel like I am going to wet my pants 24/7. I am running to the bathroom every 20 minutes, and cant even go!!

I have a dr. appt next Wednesday. Should I hold off until then, or should I call them now? I hate being a worrier, but this is getting really annoying. Or, is it just part of pregnancy and I need to deal with it???

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

That is not normal. It could be a UTI. You can treat it at home or go into the dr.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Mamatoabunch - How do I treat it at home? I would like to hold off until next week to go to the dr. if possible. My boss is in town right now, and I cant take off to head to the dr.
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I haven't posted for a few months as I had pretty bad nausea for a long while, but am very pleased to say I feel almost back to normal again :) , only managed to eat v unhealthy stuff for a while but am getting back on track now. Hope it's OK to join in again?

I am 20 weeks today with my 4th baby, I have 3 sons already & am not quite sure what this one is yet although thankfully it seems healthy so far.

I am in the UK so get NHS maternity care but as my partner is away a lot we paid to have a private gender scan 2 weeks ago which told us another boy, we were thrilled- think I am a bit scared of having a girl as it would feel like a huge change in the family but obviously any baby is welcomed with love.

Well today I went for my 20 wk NHS scan & was told its a girl! A second sonographer checked & confirmed it is a girl too. To say I was shocked is an understatement. I called the private scan unit just to let them know there has been an error & they were great but said it was most likely the NHS who were wrong....they've asked me to go back later tonight & they will scan again in 3D to make sure. Beginning to wish I'd never tried to find out babys gender in the 1st place, sort of feel like i now want one of each LOL!

Hope everyone else is doing well & getting back on track after the festive season!
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Carina, sorry I only just read your post after I'd already posted.
    Am so sorry to hear of your loss, for you and all of your family. God bless xxx
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Mamatoabunch - How do I treat it at home? I would like to hold off until next week to go to the dr. if possible. My boss is in town right now, and I cant take off to head to the dr.

Uva ursi tincture, cranberry juice, no sugar or 100% juice, cranberry tablets and tons of water. W/ uva ursi symptoms will be gone in 3 days or so, continue one extra day. I take a dropperful or two every three hours or so first day, spacing the droperfuls out the next day and third. Uva ursi is a wonder, absolute wonder!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I found this thread and would love to become a part of it! I'm in the Navy and was stationed away from my husband just shy of 2 years. I've returned to the states to be with him in Groton, CT. We agreed that once I returned home our focus was to have a baby. He already has a wonderful 4yr old girl and 7yr old boy. We were able to get them for the holidays and I amazed myself, my mother, and him. (those 10 days were the longest that I have every spent with any little kids).
    I joined MFP to get to a healthy weight for a future pregnancy and to not have to worry about weight standards in the Navy. Now I am just sticking to it and waiting until my hubby returns from his underway period. Oh, I didn't mention that I am married to the military, my husband works on submarine so now that I returned he goes out to sea. Technically, I have until may TC if if doesn't happen then I'll have to wait until Nov.
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! YAY!!!

My name is Christy, i live in Hueytown Alabama......

My hubby and i have been TTC for 15 months now.....We have a daughter that i got preg with right away (but i was like 250LBS).....she is now 4 years old and we really really want another baby. SOOO, i am on clomid and doing the charting stuff...been doing that for 4 months.....i have determined that maybe my weight is also a problem (i weigh 320LBS) right now :( I wanna get down to like 190LBS....I am right at 6' tall so i carry this weight pretty well, i guess...anyways, please add me as a friend, we can do this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Lindsay1919
    Options
    My name is Lindsay, my husband and I have been married for 3 years in June. We very much want to become pregnant this year, but we have made a weight loss goal our first step. We have been not so hard TTC for the last 17months, but no luck. Any tips or ideas anyone could share with me would be amazing! We are currently on a counting calorie healthy eating diet.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    My name is Lindsay, my husband and I have been married for 3 years in June. We very much want to become pregnant this year, but we have made a weight loss goal our first step. We have been not so hard TTC for the last 17months, but no luck. Any tips or ideas anyone could share with me would be amazing! We are currently on a counting calorie healthy eating diet.

I agree. My friend's daughter just had one and she said just rub someone's stomach. So last night while I was at the gym, there was this urge that I had to ask the woman next to me on the treadmill (she looked abour 3 or 4 months) if I can rub her stomach. I thought that would have be akward, :laugh: so I didn't.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    What seemed like the longest week EVER is finally over!

We went this morning for our ultrasound and....... 1 little baby......it's a boy! :bigsmile: So, no twins afterall. Not sure where the second heartbeat came from, but the US tech assured us, there is only one in there.

I was thinking ahead of time that I would be skeptical if they told us the sex today, but when I saw his "little guy" on the monitor, there was no denying it!

She calculated me to be 16 weeks 4 days, so about 3 days farther than I thought I was. She said he measured at 8 inches long. The books and things I've read say he should be about 5 inches, so that surprised me a little.

Getting to see him was the best birthday present I could have asked for!! :heart: Ugh....now to do the not so fun birthday stuff, like renewing our license plates :grumble:

A single boy is wonderful! Congrats! The placenta or baby's HB can echo creating what appears to be two HB's. It isn't uncommon at all.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    OMG!!!! YAY!!!

My name is Christy, i live in Hueytown Alabama......

My hubby and i have been TTC for 15 months now.....We have a daughter that i got preg with right away (but i was like 250LBS).....she is now 4 years old and we really really want another baby. SOOO, i am on clomid and doing the charting stuff...been doing that for 4 months.....i have determined that maybe my weight is also a problem (i weigh 320LBS) right now :( I wanna get down to like 190LBS....I am right at 6' tall so i carry this weight pretty well, i guess...anyways, please add me as a friend, we can do this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome! I had a harder time conceiving when 250+, I used herbs to help lengthen my short luteal phase. Good luck!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Are you charting your cycle?
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Do any of you other first time moms (or when you were a first time mom) feel like you are now part of some "secret club" or something?

I had coworkers who I would say hello to and small talk with before, now they are always coming into my office and talkin baby talk! I'm sure before they just figured that since I didn't have any kids, I didn't want to hear about their kids. Now that I'm pregnant, I know so much more (sometimes too much :huh: ) about the people around me.

It's just funny that once I mention to anyone that I'm pregnant, a short meaningless conversation turns into a full blown sit-downer lol.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Congrats on the baby boys (or girl :)) everyone! and welcome to the newcomers.

I just wanted to say today when I got home from work, I felt like I had never been so tired in my life. I was feeling a little sorry for myself and then I thought about all YOU amazing women who feel like this at work and come home to take care of other children! WOW. You guys are amazing. No one tells you that enough. I can't imagine having to think of someone besides myself and my two pups right now (the hubby can think for himself ;D)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Lynn, Congrats on the little boy. I know so many people who are expecting boy's right now (including me)

I need your guy's thoughts. This might be TMI but I want to make sure I am not going crazy.

I feel like I have to go to the bathroom constently. This has been going on since Christmas. When I go, I cant go much, but I still feel like I have to go as soon as I am done. I have had UTI's before and usually they hurt, but this isn't painful at all. It is just super annoying because I feel like I am going to wet my pants 24/7. I am running to the bathroom every 20 minutes, and cant even go!!

I have a dr. appt next Wednesday. Should I hold off until then, or should I call them now? I hate being a worrier, but this is getting really annoying. Or, is it just part of pregnancy and I need to deal with it???

Thanks for your thoughts!!!

You know that was the sensation I had when I was in labor. It didn't hurt. I just had this urge to pee, I'd go in there and nothing would really happen.

But it does sound more like a UTI, you can go to an after hours clinic for that, you just pee in a cup and they give you the antibiotic for it, there is only one they give preggos for. I took it early on. but like you I have no pain with UTI's so that might be what it is.
  • ckmama
    Options
    Do any of you other first time moms (or when you were a first time mom) feel like you are now part of some "secret club" or something?

I had coworkers who I would say hello to and small talk with before, now they are always coming into my office and talkin baby talk! I'm sure before they just figured that since I didn't have any kids, I didn't want to hear about their kids. Now that I'm pregnant, I know so much more (sometimes too much :huh: ) about the people around me.

It's just funny that once I mention to anyone that I'm pregnant, a short meaningless conversation turns into a full blown sit-downer lol.

That's normal. It's because people remember what it's like to have new babies and be pregnant. Kind of nostalgic. I wouldn't say its a secret club, if so there are some member's cards I want revoked. LOL:laugh:
  • ckmama
    Options

I agree. My friend's daughter just had one and she said just rub someone's stomach. So last night while I was at the gym, there was this urge that I had to ask the woman next to me on the treadmill (she looked abour 3 or 4 months) if I can rub her stomach. I thought that would have be akward, :laugh: so I didn't.

I would be careful at the gym, she might have just been "bigger" if you know what i mean:blushing: . I go to the gym 5 days a week and I feel like just now I'm showing and not just fat. I'm 7 months.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

Yeah, but the bad part is - I don't care about their kids and don't want to hear about it! :laugh: :laugh:
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. reading your words helps me heal. :smile:

Thank you for those who shared your loss too. It is comforting to know, that i'm not the only one. *hugs*

You all are wonderful. *hugs* thanks :heart:

I am so sorry. Big ((hugs))
  • teetee1281
    Options

I would be careful at the gym, she might have just been "bigger" if you know what i mean:blushing: . I go to the gym 5 days a week and I feel like just now I'm showing and not just fat. I'm 7 months.

Reading between the lines I know exactly what you mean, I actually avoid asking people because of that. But the woman at the gym was small and the only bulge was her tummy. I think it was a safe assumption, but I wouldn't rub anyone's stomach anyway. I really believe in personal space. I think I'm just in that moment where I know what I really want and mad at myself for putting my job first 2 years ago.