What do women really want from a relationship?

Options

Replies

• arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    love, friendship and sex :drinker:

love includes really truly caring for each other. Caring for someone includes not doing irresponsible crap that causes them difficulty. It's a mutual thing, i.e. you both care for each other and love each other.

friendship involves respect which includes not doing things that friends don't do to friends, and friendship includes stuff like being honest, having fun together (very, very important!), sharing problems etc - it's also a mutual thing, and it is a partnership, i.e. working together not one dominating the other (unless you're both into that kind of thing and it's by mutual consent)

you know what sex is (if you don't then ask your mother to explain it to you :bigsmile: )

yes. this.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    sex everyday

and then again after the gym

:tongue:
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    For the first month: attention
    All time after that: to be left alone

Also known as why I'm still single :bigsmile:

:laugh: I'm with you there
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I think communication is evident and imperative, equality when it comes to monogamy and up front honesty.

Or do like me and just have a casual partner so the abovementioned aren't needed :happy:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sex, bacon, twinkies, sex, twinkies, bacon, sex, sex, sex, sex, bacon, sleep, shower sex, sleep, sex, hiking, sex. Oh ok.
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sex, bacon, twinkies, sex, twinkies, bacon, sex, sex, sex, sex, bacon, sleep, shower sex, sleep, sex, hiking, sex. Oh ok.

:drinker:
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    wow sex everyday haven't met a woman yet like that, that's awesome
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Depends on the woman? Because individual people, individual needs and all that.
  • arainiday1
    Options
    wow sex everyday haven't met a woman yet like that, that's awesome

pffttt i would but it takes two....
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    true, wish I would have met one of those women...lol oh well back to only 4 times a month
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    yes agreed and I am ready everyday, especially when I work my second job, great stress reliever
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I want sex and candy.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    to cause pain and suffering. to inflict years of misery
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    Options
    ok here's a piece a candy lets go:)
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    1. Loyalty
    This is very important to me. I want a man to be there in the relationship WITH me, wanting and needing just me. If he feels the need to find someone else because I am not providing him with what he needs and wants, by all means, find someone else. I don't want to stay in a relationship full of lies and deceiving ourselves that we're good enough for each other. I've seen so many relationships in my family and friends that are built on lies, staying together just because even if the husband is seeing someone else. Sure, he goes home to the wife every night but that's not my kind of loyalty. Usually, people stray away from their current relationships because of 80%, 20%. Which means that they are only getting 80% of what they want and need from their current partners and when someone comes along presenting the 20% it looks soooo much better than it actually is because that's what you're lacking but in reality 80 > 20 but you get blinded by what you're not getting.

2. Respect
    Often times as the relationship ages, the couple gets comfortable with each other, sometimes too comfortable and they develop some attitudes or show their true colors that was never seen early on in the relationship. I truly believe that you should treat someone with respect as you want to be treated. Sure there will be shouting and fighting but hitting a woman is a huge NO NO in my books. Also, respect to each others' privacy as well as values and differences.

3. Trust
    I guess this goes well with the above. Trust is essential in a relationship. A relationship full of lies and deception isn't really that appealing. Sure makes a good TV show but in real life, no one wants that drama. I want someone who I can fully trust my heart with. I don't want to be always on my toes wondering if he's cheating on me or doing something else other than he says. Trusting someone fully is hard. To have someone you don't have to doubt for one second, that would be amazing.

4. Effort
    Sure I can trust you, you respect me and you're loyal but you don't make much effort with the relationship then ehhh. It doesn't mean that since you're officially together, that you've finally caught the fish then you can relax, let everything go and just let everything take its course. I believe that effort is required to making a relationship work. Effort every day to make each others day better! Effort of being there and making time. Effort of being each others' person. Effort to care about what is important to each other.

5. Passion
    Wanting and needing each other! Especially during intimate moments. Lol having that feeling of just being with that person and being more than enough. Just that sense of security and assurance you get when you're with each other and wanting to protect each other and just I don't know LOVEEEEE! Like when you think about that person throughout the day you just smile and be thankful that you are in each others lives. Sometimes the passion fades overtime. I believe it could be ignited though! Also, I think sex is a huge part in a relationship. I want to be sexually compatible with my partner! Like... really really compatible. :laugh: Our sexual levels should be more or less the same.

6. Sillyness
    I want to be able to laugh with my partner. Having a sense of humor is important to me! Having fun and just being our silly selves. Having inside couple jokes and being able to share something without being judged. Being weird together! Just enjoying each others company.

I think that a person should be fully complete, whole and content with themselves before you get into a relationship. One shouldn't let someone else complete them. And then when these two wholes come together, they will complement each other and form a new whole, a new relationship. But... that's just me. I could be approaching this wrong, but so far that's what I want in a relationship.

Oh, and he should love pizza. That is all.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    true, wish I would have met one of those women...lol oh well back to only 4 times a month
    You poor poor man.
  • arainiday1
    Options
    1. Loyalty
    This is very important to me. I want a man to be there in the relationship WITH me, wanting and needing just me. If he feels the need to find someone else because I am not providing him with what he needs and wants, by all means, find someone else. I don't want to stay in a relationship full of lies and deceiving ourselves that we're good enough for each other. I've seen so many relationships in my family and friends that are built on lies, staying together just because even if the husband is seeing someone else. Sure, he goes home to the wife every night but that's not my kind of loyalty. Usually, people stray away from their current relationships because of 80%, 20%. Which means that they are only getting 80% of what they want and need from their current partners and when someone comes along presenting the 20% it looks soooo much better than it actually is because that's what you're lacking but in reality 80 > 20 but you get blinded by what you're not getting.

2. Respect
    Often times as the relationship ages, the couple gets comfortable with each other, sometimes too comfortable and they develop some attitudes or show their true colors that was never seen early on in the relationship. I truly believe that you should treat someone with respect as you want to be treated. Sure there will be shouting and fighting but hitting a woman is a huge NO NO in my books. Also, respect to each others' privacy as well as values and differences.

3. Trust
    I guess this goes well with the above. Trust is essential in a relationship. A relationship full of lies and deception isn't really that appealing. Sure makes a good TV show but in real life, no one wants that drama. I want someone who I can fully trust my heart with. I don't want to be always on my toes wondering if he's cheating on me or doing something else other than he says. Trusting someone fully is hard. To have someone you don't have to doubt for one second, that would be amazing.

4. Effort
    Sure I can trust you, you respect me and you're loyal but you don't make much effort with the relationship then ehhh. It doesn't mean that since you're officially together, that you've finally caught the fish then you can relax, let everything go and just let everything take its course. I believe that effort is required to making a relationship work. Effort every day to make each others day better! Effort of being there and making time. Effort of being each others' person. Effort to care about what is important to each other.

5. Passion
    Wanting and needing each other! Especially during intimate moments. Lol having that feeling of just being with that person and being more than enough. Just that sense of security and assurance you get when you're with each other and wanting to protect each other and just I don't know LOVEEEEE! Like when you think about that person throughout the day you just smile and be thankful that you are in each others lives. Sometimes the passion fades overtime. I believe it could be ignited though! Also, I think sex is a huge part in a relationship. I want to be sexually compatible with my partner! Like... really really compatible. :laugh: Our sexual levels should be more or less the same.

6. Sillyness
    I want to be able to laugh with my partner. Having a sense of humor is important to me! Having fun and just being our silly selves. Having inside couple jokes and being able to share something without being judged. Being weird together! Just enjoying each others company.

I think that a person should be fully complete, whole and content with themselves before you get into a relationship. One shouldn't let someone else complete them. And then when these two wholes come together, they will complement each other and form a new whole, a new relationship. But... that's just me. I could be approaching this wrong, but so far that's what I want in a relationship.

Oh, and he should love pizza. That is all.

will you marry me :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • arainiday1
    Options
    I think communication is evident and imperative, equality when it comes to monogamy and up front honesty.

Or do like me and just have a casual partner so the abovementioned aren't needed :happy:

thats starting to sound really nice.....
  • marjushkamarusya
    Options
    In early 20sexcitement, in late-safety and stability...always connection emotional and physical, partnership in all situations
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    meh .......

(not in response to the above though ..)