Pop Tarts

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I remember Pop Tarts. My favs are the non-frosted Blueberry ones. Never buy them anymore, but perhaps I will someday.

I'm guessing you skipped a few pages of this thread?

^^You, I like!! And yes to the chocolate/peanut butter ones as they are my fav - toasted, of course.

But kuddos to those who you who seriously wanted to argue the nutritional value on a "pop tart" thread. I swear, do you go around telling kids that the Easter Bunny isn't real??

elf-you-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies.png

Care to sit with me???

tumblr_n4ce9qEHqi1s44juho1_400.gif

A-bit-young-but-seems-legit.jpg
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Care to sit with me???

Well played, Sir!

tumblr_mvert3PqCq1qhlpebo1_500.gif
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    The best ones are s'mores with cookie dough ice cream in the middle. Or salted caramel gelato.
    Seriously?!? Oh, the decisions!!!! Dat gum it; do both. When all else fails just do both!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Care to sit with me???

Well played, Sir!

tumblr_mvert3PqCq1qhlpebo1_500.gif

Quotation-W-Somerset-Maugham-perfection-Meetville-Quotes-79569.jpg
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of Pop Tarts in my youth...I was very fond of them. (Probably one of my main food groups as a kid, to be honest.) I recently bought them for my kids and then had one and...well, it wasn't that great. I KNOW, I KNOW. I was sad. Then I ate a cookie to make up for the boring Pop Tart.

However, my reason for posting is...how did I get to page 7 and there's no recipe for THIS yet????
    f066bc059475a202acd147d58427c4bf.jpg
  • TX_Rhon
    Options

Or you could have just said "thank you!" for the compliment! Geesh...........

tumblr_mv4jjjcVbB1sm1vrpo1_400.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

kid_thx_sm.jpg
  • TX_Rhon
    Options

kid_thx_sm.jpg

Awwww.............

tumblr_n5mlxnN39p1tpg4boo1_500.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

kid_thx_sm.jpg

Awwww.............

tumblr_n5mlxnN39p1tpg4boo1_500.gif

hAC60664E
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    So I gave Pop Tarts another chance... Straight out of the package this time. No bueno. :indifferent: Ended up making my own brown sugar cinnamon toast to satisfy my brown sugar cinnamon craving. :laugh:

Straight out of the package?!??

:angry:

What part of toaster pastry do you not understand?

Actually, I *DID* toast the first one. Didn't like it. Some said they liked it straight out of the package so I tried it like that. Still sad pastry. :(

Found recipes to make your own though!

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2010/04/homemade-pop-tarts/
    http://www.chow.com/recipes/29473-brown-sugarcinnamon-pop-tarts
    http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/homemade-pop-tarts/0d7c212b-43af-4fdb-969f-654f6a1db107
  • Granville_Cocteau
    Granville_Cocteau Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    They are so-so nutritionally. Fairly high in cals. The real danger, however, is that the Pop-Tart will ignite in the toaster.

Here's a time-lapse series of an experiment called "Strawberry Pop-Tart Blowtorches," in which PT flames reached "a maximum height of about 18 inches above the top of the toaster."

toast-4a.gif

Caveat Poptartor.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    They are so-so nutritionally. Fairly high in cals. The real danger, however, is that the Pop-Tart will ignite in the toaster.

Here's a time-lapse series of an experiment called "Strawberry Pop-Tart Blowtorches," in which PT flames reached "a maximum height of about 18 inches above the top of the toaster."

toast-4a.gif

Caveat Poptartor.

:noway:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

toast-4a.gif

Caveat Poptartor.

concepts1_riskreturn.gif
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I would stay away just because of the amount of sugar and refined carbs. There are other healthier ways to get your sweet cinnamon craving taken care of.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pop tarts!

That is all :-)

Kaela x
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will say, If it's something you like from time to time, you can buy a box and reserve it for a treat from time to time. No foods should be forbidden, everything in moderation!!! #KeepUpTheGoodWork
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    They're not exactly nutritious of course, but the majority of people don't eat only things that give them nutrients, and most of us don't eat only when we're hungry, we eat because we enjoy food too, so having a random poptart now and then if you fancy it isn't going to hurt - just make sure it doesn't tip you over your daily sugars/whatevers. Our bodies do still need sugar after all, so if you're within your daily level, it's all good. It's not like you plan on having one a day or anything (hopefully, lol.) Enjoy.
  • WendyAdelissa
    WendyAdelissa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think for most people 1 poptart for desert is sensible (I wouldn't eat it for breakfast because it isn't really going to give you fuel for your day and you will be hungry 2 hours later) For me they are forbidden. I can't explain it. If you were to ask me if you could eat any bad for you food right now I would say a breaded chicken sandwich at a fast food place, or a bag of chips. Sweets aren't really a priority for me other than fruit, my mind just doesn't crave them. However...if brought into the house they are like a drug and I can't stop. I ate a whole box of lucky charms over a 3 day weekend just myself. So I most likely would have eaten 4 poptarts at a time if they were here and felt guilty and would get discouraged etc But that is the difference between someone just trying to cut calories and eat in moderation and someone who has a true problem with food. Although I think we all have that one food that's not coming into the house because you won't stop at just one.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I used to love the strawberry ones with the icing! And I would eat both - a whopping 400 calories:noway: But after not having them for a while and eating somewhat more healthy, I find they are just not that tasty to me any more.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Didn't like it.
    I would stay away just because of the amount of sugar and refined carbs.
    They're not exactly nutritious of course...
    ...it isn't really going to give you fuel for your day...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCzJS71uHQPgqu4iAa_1CuLa4SRLDrQSJqw9YtGSDLK92IcRUlDw