What do women really want from a relationship?

Replies

• MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Anal
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    I know what my woman wants.

Communication -- She talks; I listen.

Financial Security -- When she wants something, she gets it. It's not up to me to decide how many pairs of shoes a woman needs. I don't need to know the difference between Midnight, Charcoal, Dark Gray and Black. If there is not room for another pair of heels for her newest LBD, then I'll build a separate shoe closet.

Support -- I don't need to recognize the intonation in her bff's voice. If Jan says she has been slighted, that's all I need to know. When you are not Jan's focus anymore, neither are you mine. If you are a guy and you insulted my wife, well then, I'd rather spend 30 days in Jail for assault than face one night of recriminations for non-action.

Sex -- Better not go into that here.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    In a heterosexual relationship a man with a d*ck

who doesn't turn out to be a d*ck
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    giphy.gif
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    What I already have with my husband:

Communication, respect, love, trust, the ability to read each others minds (that one is freaky).

I have been married to my husband for 8 years, we have been together for probably 19 and we have never had an argument. EVER. We disagree sure but we don't argue.

We are probably the only couple who can answer/go through each others phones and not worry about what we're going to find.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sex and a best friend.
  • Sweetpea6896
    Sweetpea6896 Posts: 66 Member
    To feel safe and secure, to be needed.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    An important one, don't focus on what they don't do all the time. Be appreciative and also realize what they do. You should always remember that if you can find the negatives in them they can find negatives in you. It's just a matter of whether you focus only on the bad instead of the good. This doesn't mean you shouldn't bring certain negatives to their attention but if that's all they hear from you that's all they will see. And never go to bed mad and don't wake up mad. You're allowed to have an off day but don't make it their problem by projecting your attitude onto them. Nothing is more of a turn off than a person who constantly has something to whine about.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    honesty, trust, support (emotional and financial), aspiration, confidence

why I love my fiance, he has all of the qualities above and more =)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Depends in the woman. ...and sex.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    BRO DO YOU EVEN COSMO?

No, I am not interested in what COSMO says, I want to hear from real people with varying degrees of education, age, income, and marital status.

P.S. Openly admitting that you read COSMO could be grounds to revoke your man card. :laugh:

Oh snap! I think I just got told! I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep on my ****-shaped pillow!
    Cosmo says you're fat.

I ain't down with that.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    281g6rn.jpg
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    I jsut want someone to talk dirty to me, and make me a sammich now and then....
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Money. Awesome sex. Powerful government connections. Cars. Diamonds. A fleet of personal servants. Jet planes. You know, the basics.

Hamhocks and cornmeal, gunpowder and guitar strings. Just the staples....
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    The top 3 things I like about my husband are:

1. He makes me feel safe.
    2. He gets up and goes to work every day and never complains.
    3. He tries to be a better dad than his dad was.

If I could change a few things:
    I would want him to never be an idiot, to not drink so much, to control his anger, to not play on the computer so much, to
    quit spending more money than he has.

Yes, I am perfect Ha ha.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Bananas.
  • morag_p2014
    morag_p2014 Posts: 39
    As I am the only one in this relationship; this sums up my feels

612x612xI_ve_been_single_for_a_while.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.4PHyams4pY.jpg
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I am curious what women really want from a man when they are in a relationship. Communication?, Security? Empathy? Respect? I am also curious if it changes with age or circumstance, i.e. during your 20s you want one thing in your 40s you decide you want something else. Also does it change when you go from being single to married, divorced, never married. Your thoughts?

Umm.... being very much a woman!!! Don't try to figure out what we want...:laugh:

WE DON"T EVEN KNOW!! :tongue:

Our minds change every other day, and we want you to become a telepath, and keep up with our ever changing ways! :drinker:

Some days we can barely stand ourselves!!

So as a woman I can not answer your question...

IF YOU FIGURE US OUT................. let me know what I'm suppose to want in a mate, life partner, man, male ...or otherwise!!!

Thank you!
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Someone honest and kind who makes me laugh. Period.

I don't forsee that changing in 20 years, either.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    1. Loyalty
    This is very important to me. I want a man to be there in the relationship WITH me, wanting and needing just me. If he feels the need to find someone else because I am not providing him with what he needs and wants, by all means, find someone else. I don't want to stay in a relationship full of lies and deceiving ourselves that we're good enough for each other. I've seen so many relationships in my family and friends that are built on lies, staying together just because even if the husband is seeing someone else. Sure, he goes home to the wife every night but that's not my kind of loyalty. Usually, people stray away from their current relationships because of 80%, 20%. Which means that they are only getting 80% of what they want and need from their current partners and when someone comes along presenting the 20% it looks soooo much better than it actually is because that's what you're lacking but in reality 80 > 20 but you get blinded by what you're not getting.

2. Respect
    Often times as the relationship ages, the couple gets comfortable with each other, sometimes too comfortable and they develop some attitudes or show their true colors that was never seen early on in the relationship. I truly believe that you should treat someone with respect as you want to be treated. Sure there will be shouting and fighting but hitting a woman is a huge NO NO in my books. Also, respect to each others' privacy as well as values and differences.

3. Trust
    I guess this goes well with the above. Trust is essential in a relationship. A relationship full of lies and deception isn't really that appealing. Sure makes a good TV show but in real life, no one wants that drama. I want someone who I can fully trust my heart with. I don't want to be always on my toes wondering if he's cheating on me or doing something else other than he says. Trusting someone fully is hard. To have someone you don't have to doubt for one second, that would be amazing.

4. Effort
    Sure I can trust you, you respect me and you're loyal but you don't make much effort with the relationship then ehhh. It doesn't mean that since you're officially together, that you've finally caught the fish then you can relax, let everything go and just let everything take its course. I believe that effort is required to making a relationship work. Effort every day to make each others day better! Effort of being there and making time. Effort of being each others' person. Effort to care about what is important to each other.

5. Passion
    Wanting and needing each other! Especially during intimate moments. Lol having that feeling of just being with that person and being more than enough. Just that sense of security and assurance you get when you're with each other and wanting to protect each other and just I don't know LOVEEEEE! Like when you think about that person throughout the day you just smile and be thankful that you are in each others lives. Sometimes the passion fades overtime. I believe it could be ignited though! Also, I think sex is a huge part in a relationship. I want to be sexually compatible with my partner! Like... really really compatible. :laugh: Our sexual levels should be more or less the same.

6. Sillyness
    I want to be able to laugh with my partner. Having a sense of humor is important to me! Having fun and just being our silly selves. Having inside couple jokes and being able to share something without being judged. Being weird together! Just enjoying each others company.

I think that a person should be fully complete, whole and content with themselves before you get into a relationship. One shouldn't let someone else complete them. And then when these two wholes come together, they will complement each other and form a new whole, a new relationship. But... that's just me. I could be approaching this wrong, but so far that's what I want in a relationship.

Oh, and he should love pizza. That is all.

This list is complete. If you have all this, then you have the ancillary items (frequent intimacy, honesty, communication, etc...). I was 38 years old before I really realized what I wanted and needed in a relationship. Once I figured this out, the right man fell in my lap. And now I am grateful everyday for our life together.