January Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I'm so out of shape and this is hard. I probably should have set a lower target but I am pushing it. I'm going to give it my all.

@ nece226 Hey, perhaps you should really lower your goal to keep it reachable. Its not a sin. When the goal is too high you may get injured, fatigued or disappointed and you're bound to lose your motivation and quit trying.

Nice to see so many familiar faces here. There are 24 active people in the challenge at the moment, with a cumulative goal of 1,965 miles. By active I mean people who contributed at least one mile, because another 7 posted on the thread but didn't move any, so I'm not including them until they do.

Updated miles we moved our *kitten* so far is 324.8 (16.5 % of target).
    I'll try to post a progress chart before the weekend.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    thanks dinos.....
    looking forward to the chart...can you do the link again to the google spreadsheet???

didnt get in any miles last night at the YMCA that i can track....did some weights after my girlfriend RAN me thru a 2 person spinning class all by ourselves in the multipurpose room....she has been doing spin for a few months like 2-3 times a week and loves it so she had this great idea that we could have our own "CLASS" since the room was empty so late....i worked up a serious sweat and i think we did 40+ mins of serious spinning....
    i'm going back tonight to do an actual taught spin class and am looking forward to the challenge and the calorie burn....gonna try to get a lunch time walk in today even if it is just 2 miles...gotta keep my siggie going up and up and up every day ;)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    +3
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    10,225 steps today 6.92 miles walking. dranks lots of water! going to bed early....will need to shovel out they say....need my rest!

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    4.75 miles done today.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Got 2 more miles this morning (C25K) but missed my beach walk this afternoon due to a meeting! Will make up for it this weekend! And many thanks to Dinos for tracking all of this - you're awesome!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

5 more miles in today...total, thus far, 15 and 35 more to go...

Have a great night!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    4 miles for me today.

Thanks for doing this challenge! The fact that I committed to a certain number of miles for the month really motivates me to get on that treadmill!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Walked/ran 1.5 miles pulling my GS on his sled! then we sledded down hills, made snow angels, and a snow man! 1 hour burning 370 calories! Then while he took his nap I burned 440 calories doing my Turbo Fire/ChaLean X treme workout (55 minutes)! A good day with 810 fun calories burned!!!
  • kittyscousin2
    Options
    2 miles today. Was not in the mood...but then my husband said "didn't you commit to a challenge??" So I did a quick jog ;)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    2.04 miles walk @ lunch
    .51 miles elliptical
    .53 miles treadmill
    3.08 total miles
    I'll update siggie when I get on computer.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    3 miles walking on the treadmill. First day training for the 2-Day Avon Walk for Breast Cancer :happy:
  • ssmenzel01
    Options
    I am new and don't know what I am doing but I would like in. I want to do 100 miles of walking and/or running this month. How do I check back to this site? Hopefully it is not the last time you see me:laugh:

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    +4.3 miles running & walking tonight after doing Day 5 / Level 1 of 30 Day Shred.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    01/05/11: 1.1 miles but we'll say 1 to make things easier.
    01/06/11: 1 mile as well.
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Yesterday 2.12 treadmill miles!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    25 people in the thread committed to move 2,015 miles.
    412 miles were completed (20.5%) by Friday noon.
    The chart shows our progress towards our individual goals.

JMYAChallenge_14378_image001.gif

The spreadsheet with all the numbers is at: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t1x753bTBrxrTFRr78rnSQQ&authkey=CP7Sp94C&authkey=CP7Sp94C#gid=0
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    10.8 miles stationary bike today :bigsmile:
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, dinos, you are amazing. Thanks for tracking this and posting the chart. I'm a newbie to MFP, and am finding this challenge to be a great motivator.

How do you track this? I did 4 miles this morning and updated my ticker at tickerfactory, but didn't yet post my new 4 miles to the message board--yet, you've got my current totatl on the chart? I'm just curious--a sort of techno-geek--not paranoid.

gehlerc (Coni)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    2.17 mile walk today during lunch to get my wrap....added to my siggie..