Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

I tried to make yesterday a cyber-free day, so didn’t turn on the computer all day and didn’t even use my tablet. Instead Zoe and I just settled in and watched a Falling Skies marathon—new season starts in 3 weeks! It was rainy on/off, so a nice way to spend the afternoon—of course, this means my miles were down. :frown:

@Karen~Wow, double bachelorette party?! Sounds like fun!

@Nettie~Cute pic of Harvest Moon. :wink:

@Kris~I’m sorry the new dog went after Mow like that, I’m sure it was surprising since their first encounter went so well. It sounds like pretty typical for the breed, though—just not good to have unpredictable behaviors around. I hope you can find a dog with a better temperament—I’ve read poodles are good company for cats.

@Robin~I’m right handed and injury is on my left—yes, I’m elevating it on a pillow at night (actually sleep better this way). :happy: The swelling has gone down considerably but still have pain and still can’t wrap thumb around anything (of course the splint makes this impossible anyway); I follow up with orthoped next week.

AFM~I haven’t synced Fitbit in a couple of days, will tonight and update my mileage. Not much else to report.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Rest Day DONE!
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wednesday~Cardio
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day/Massage
    Saturday~Cardio
    Sunday~Trainer
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

526_zps7d96d723.jpg

“Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow.” ~Doug Firebaugh

Tom
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile:

SW: 269 (277 prior to MFP)
    CW: 240.8
    GW: not sure! I think I put 150 in, but I know I'll need to lose more once I get there...

I'm excited to be getting closer to a "mini goal" of getting below 225 - that was my weight when I got pregnant with my daughter, who is 6.5 years old...

I love all of the support on MFP! It really is an awesome help to see others going through the same battles with themselves, as well as seeing them overcome!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm here but on vacation. Here's an update for my mileage...however, it'll be guesses until the end of the month as my fitbit is out of battery and I forgot my charger.

5/22 2.37
    5/23 2.13
    5/24 1.18
    5/25 .94

I sneezed on 5/25 and felt something pull and heard a noise in my neck. Luckily, the local chiropractor opened his doors on a Sunday for me. It took him 1 1/2 hours...I'm not fully back in place (going again today) but much better. I just sat and cried until I was done in his office. He's a little more "Holistic" than I am used to. The first thin he did was place his hand above my head and declared I have negative energy entering my body and he needed to reverse it. At one time, he had my entire body shivering non-stop. He declared that my body was in high red alert. He's really the only option here in the middle of nowhere and while I think it is a bit strange, I do feel better than when we started. However, still have my left arm going numb after a bit and can't really turn my head. Needless to say, I have been very inactive since Sunday AM.

Happy belated birthday to Kaye and Robin. Robin, I'm sorry to hear that your family isn't more in line with your thoughts on get togethers but if they aren't going to enjoy it, it would just bring you down too. Someone else said it, you can extend the invite and maybe someday it will become important to them. In the meantime, love and enjoy your "family" of friends.

I am at my best friend's farm right now. The kids have been having a blast catching up with each other. They haven't seen each other since May 2013 so it was long overdue. I've seen them on some various work trips that have brought me back to SD a few times since, but... On Thursday, we head to Sioux Falls to work from the office and catch up with friends from that neck of the woods. I even got a hotel with a "fun" pool so the kids will enjoy that.

We got that house!!! Everthing has been squared away and will close on July 25th. Somedays that seems so far away, but ultimately it gives us time to get ready. The kids have decided on their paint colors so we will paint before moving anything in to their rooms. It's nice that we will have a week left in our apartment so we don't have to get it all done in a day.

We head back home on Saturday the 31st. Then the 1st through the 4th is VBS. I'm in charge of registration and the Missions project so will be there each night. Then on the 4th, my in-laws from CT are here. I've told my husband that he's in charge of cleaning the apartment this week when the kids and I are all gone. then we just have to keep it picked up for the short time before his folks come. They leave on the 7th so it's just a quick trip. They have four kids to visit in four locations so...

I miss you all, but with vacation happening, not going to be on here very much. Hope everything is going well and that you all are geting what you need to help you on this journey. Support is key and I know how wonderful this message board is. Good luck and talk soon!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am so very behind on here....

skinnyjeansbo: I completely can relate to the being off track with fitness. I just feel like I haven't had the time for it recently, even though I know I have. I'm glad your seniors felt such a strong connection to you...that really shows signs of a GREAT teacher.

lives: I'm so proud of you for your mileage goal. It makes me want to match your mileage. I hope you took it easy on your ankle though. :( We don't want any injuries!

hansea: Way to go on your loss!!

mzruby: WELCOME! :)

kah: I hope your thumb is doing better! :)

robinb: "I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, and I know, I know, I know.... well, you get the picture, I'M EXCITED!!!" :laugh: I'm so glad your race went well! :)

tanya: holy cow. I didn't realize you increased your mileage! 150 miles? dang.

grandmakaye: 20 people over for breakfast? That's impressive!

Robin: Happy Belated! I really hope you're feeling better. I'm sorry your family doesn't want to get together more often. :( I'm glad we have you here! You're such a wonderful person!

mogori: I just don't know about shellfish on my pizza. :) But I hope it was tasty!

damensha: I love Doctor Who! :)

nettie: Every time you update I feel like I want to be one of your neighbors so I can just look at your yard. I'm sure it's beautiful! Ha! Kitty with glasses :)

mowmow: Poor mowmow. :( We took my dog to my BFs house yesterday for the picnic, and she nearly lunged at his step-brother. He bit his step-dad. They just moved too fast and were too aggressive for her. :( Poor puppy. I'm glad mowmow is okay!

kate: welcome! :)

godsjewel: welcome! :)

To everyone to met their May mileage: CONGRATS!
    To everyone who has a ways to go: You got this! You can do it!

AFM: I met both of my goals now. :) yay

SW: 305
    CW: 194
    NEXT GW: 175
    FINAL GW: 150

I'm sitting at about 194/5#, so I had to update my ticker. :) I've never been below 200 for as long as I can remember. I was 200 when I was in high school, so to be the lowest I've been in over a decade is pretty awesome.
    I've got about 45 more pounds to lose, and when I see that low of a number it makes me really excited. For some people 45 pounds is a lot, but I'm reaching the last third of my weight loss before I go into maintenance, which is really exciting :)

walking/running:
    5/26: 2.54
    5/27: 2.67

Biking:
    5/27: 13

Total:
    On foot:54.61
    On bike: 64.9

Goal:
    On foot: 50+ --met
    On bike: 50+ -- met
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    I've been reading but it's hard to catch up with all y'all. Hopefully we'll all get to know each other as time goes on!

Ever have one of those weekends that's a bust? Yeah, that was this weekend. Not so much that I ate terrible (although it wasn't great), but the scale was not as friendly this morning. Official weigh-ins for me (that I actually count) is on Friday so lets hope it's some water weight! Not to mention that since I'm no longer in the habit of logging my food I forgot to do it all weekend.

Since today is Tuesday, that's fitness goals? I've lost track of my fitness goals at this point. When I was doing Crossfit it was always a push, reach the next PR, push for the extra weight and get the times down. After doing something like that it feels hard to focus when going to the gym. If y'all do the mileage challenge for June I'd love to join since it's something to work towards. I think that's what I need to get on track, a clear set of goals versus an ambiguous one. That and motivation. Lol

My husband worked all weekend except Saturday which we spent levelling out dirt and moving it for the concrete pads in Barn 2.0. Short story behind B2.0 is that we bought our property over 3 years ago and built a barn, 24x48ft. Well when we first got out property we cleared a lot more trees from the property line. Someone purchased the property next to us (which was deeded to the Catholic Church in '72 and we didn't think would sell ever) and upon their survey it was found that our barn was over on their property by about 2ft in one corner. They wouldn't reach a settlement or agree on an easement so we were stuck with tearing down our old barn and re-building as well as re-doing our entire fenceline. So Barn 2.0 is the re-build of my original barn. Except my life is much busier than it was when we originally built our barn hence why we still aren't done despite starting in January. That and the record amount of rainfall we've received that has kept our place underwater for most of the year.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Updating my miles:

5/1 = 1.98
    5/2 = 0.86
    5/5 = 0.86
    5/6 = 1.67
    5/7 = 1.56
    5/8 = 1.74
    5/10 = 1.70
    5/11= 1.84
    5/13= 1.77
    5/14=1.64
    5/15= 1.82
    5/16= 1.03
    5/19= 1.08
    5/20= 1.67
    5/21= 1.85
    5/22= 2.07
    5/23= 1.33
    5/27= 0.83

Total = 27.28
    Goal = 40
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mileage: 5/27... 6 miles.

Laurie, I'm pretty sure I didn't add the miles up right, let's just go with what you have.

Well, I am now ready for my 20 min run tomorrow. I bought proper running shoes and socks, some new earbuds for my iPhone that won't fall out of my ears and synced a music playlist to my iPhone, which I have figured out how to play from the C25K app. Actually, I still need an arm band thingy for my iPhone but carrying it in my hand will suffice for another little while. Or sticking it in my pants against my hip, which works until I start to sweat LOL I am quite excited to do this run. :bigsmile:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    May Mileage:

5/1/14—3.11mi
    5/2/14—3.64mi
    5/3/14—1.92mi
    5/4/14—4.42mi
    5/5/14—2.89mi
    5/6/14—3.74mi
    5/7/14—3.15mi
    5/8/14—3.05mi
    5/9/14—3.50mi
    5/10/14—1.48mi
    5/11/14—4.62mi
    5/12/14—2.75mi
    5/13/14—3.18mi
    5/14/14—4.62mi
    5/15/14—3.62mi
    5/16/14—3.59mi
    5/17/14—1.95mi
    5/18/14—6.04mi
    5/19/14—5.28mi
    5/20/14—3.56mi
    5/21/14—3.37mi
    5/22/14--3.69mi
    5/23/14--.42mi (abysmal, Fitbit was charging and at doc in afternoon)
    5/24/14--3.31mi
    5/25/14--4.85mi
    5/26/14--.93mi

Total Miles: 86.68 Miles
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tanya- Thanks. It could be I made a mistake when adding the running and bike miles together. We will stick with what I have for now. Enjoy your run tomorrow.

Beth- I hope you will be able to join us in NYC weekend of September 29. We are doing the Tunnel to Towers 5K.

Robin E- Sorry to hear that the steroids are causing problems with bruising on your arms. How much longer will you be on them?

Kelley- Ligaments and tendons take a while to heal. Keep resting it. I hope you will also be able to join us in NYC.

Ushkil- Thanks for the mileage update.

painted- What kind of animals do you have? Where is your farm? We will be the mileage challenge again in June. So start thinking about the number of miles you want to accomplish during the month.

tlh- Enjoy your vacation. It must be great seeing friends from the old neighborhood. You have about 16 miles to go meet your goal for this challenge. Hope your back get better soon. Is there a Chiropractor in your old neighborhood that you can return to? I know the Holistic stuff does not appeal to me either. Hope you can find a good one. Have you tried calling your chiropractor for a recommendation in the area where you are vacationing.

I had a great workout today it involved running drills and running, walking, strength training(3 miles) then biking (2) , rowing (1) and more walking (1). The rain keep me at the gym longer so I walked another mile. Total for today 7 miles. We did a few new drills today and lots of stairs in the process.

Goal- To up the intensity of my exercises. Time to make a change so hopefully this will be the right one.

Status updates to follow.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Milestones for the week ending on 5/25/14

Starting line

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon):smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
    Robin E (16 miles)

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km :happy:
    Little Shadow (29.32 miles)
    Ushkil (26.47 miles)

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) :flowerforyou: :happy:
    Robin B (50.84 miles)
    SkinnyJeanz (47.5 miles)
    Hansea (63.56 miles)
    Jtconstant-(62.88 miles)
    Tlh0407 (44.01 miles)

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    Damensha (67.9 miles)

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon:bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:
    Tom (70.9 miles)
    L2T (78.25 miles)
    Nettie (90.77 miles)
    Kelley (85.75 miles)

Century Club (100 miles):drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
    Lauriek (114.48 miles)
    Kaye (108.35 miles)
    Tanya (131.9 miles)
    Aimee (100.15 miles)
    P1nxy (136.43 miles)

Full Ironman (140.6 miles)
    Exercise Beast (150 miles)

As we move into the last week of this challenge, keep pushing it. We’ve got this and YES, WE CAN ACHIEVE OUR GOALS. Many of us are close to meeting our goals this week, so here is the last challenge for May- to push yourself to the next level or to your goal.

TOTAL MILEAGE GOALS- 1527 MILES (I dropped Brandy B- she has not reported any miles :noway: )
    Totals Miles Completed- 1325.46 :glasses: :glasses: :smokin: :smokin:
    Miles to go- 201.64 :love: :love:
    86.8 % complete:heart::heart:

Shout Outs to:
    Hansea, Nettie, Aimeemarie, p1nxy, Tanya for meeting and surpassing your initial goals. :flowerforyou: :drinker: Cheers to your success.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Miss8616
    Miss8616 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm starting with myfitnesspal tonight and i just wanted to let you all know your success is inspiring!:happy:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Laurie- 7 mile day! Wow! Great work! I trust your addition more than I trust my own, and I have my run today to add to my total anyway, so now today for sure I'm over my goal. :smile:

Tanya- I love your running updates. I also don't have a arm band for my phone, but I like to use the mapmyrun ap and listen to music so I try to wear shorts or pants that have pockets. The few pairs that don't have pockets, I stick my phone in the front of my bra strap, up by my shoulder. It works okay...until I start sweating, too. :laugh:
    I get a lot of "good job"s and "you're doing great"s from random strangers when I run. I also wonder if they would say anything if I wasn't overweight or wonder if I'm so obviously a new runner.
    To reduce sweaty face, I bought a few bondiband headbands at the running store. They really help soak up some sweat, and keep my hair out of my eyes on windy days.

PC- I know what you mean about having a goal being motivating for exercise. I'm training for a 10K right now, so that's keeping me busy. I hope you do join us for the June mileage challenge.
    What a lot of work you have with having to rebuild your barn! It's too bad the new neighbors couldn't reach a settlement with you guys.

Aimee- Congrats on being under 200!!! Woot!!! :happy:

tlh- Congrats on the new house! Your chiropractor sounds a little strange, but if he's helping I guess you just have to deal with it. I think I would giggle, though. Have a wonderful vacation!

NS81- I've got a similar mini-goal. I'm trying to get under 240, which was my weight before I became pregnant with my younger child...who's 5 and a half. Right now, I'm at 254/255, so about 15 lbs away.

Robin- Stupid Steroids! So many of our patients are on steroids and blood thinners, I don't even think twice about seeing swollen people with purple arms. It seems normal to me. Don't let a couple rude strangers make you feel self-conscious. I know it is so hard to control your weight, let alone lose while on the steroids, too. I hope you find a way to get things going back in the downward direction on the scale!

Queen- Doesn't it feel good to be able to get outside and do yardwork? Long winter gone! I heard some patients complaining about the heat for the first time today. I told them I refuse to complain about heat and humidity this year after last winter!

GodsJewel- Welcome! Adding you to my friend list. :flowerforyou:

AFM- My fitness goal for this week is to not have another run like the one I had this morning. Nothing like being about 2 miles from home with an attack of digestive distress! I was in the park, and the restroom doors were locked. There was a port-a-john at the far end of the park, but it was obviously used by some drunk people over the holiday weekend....and was no longer useable. **Shudders at the memory** So, it was a jaunty, panicked jog to the gas station where I found relief. :laugh:

May Mileage Update:
    5/27: 4.34 miles completed!

Under calories: 15/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 11/31
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My fitness goal is to keep up the water aerobics class for the summer, in addition to my walking.
    Mileage for today: (combination of water aerobics and walking). 5 miles
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness what a crazy day yesterday. It started off with waking up with a headache and having horrible pressure in my eye. I took some meds and relaxed on the couch. A little after 9 I received a phone call from district. They were looking for me and wondered why I didn't show up for work. :huh: :noway: Apparently emails have been going back and forth last week with my name on it for working as a sp ed teacher with a student with some severe issues. One problem...NO ONE asked me if I was interested OR even told me anything about the child, what was expected of me AND when I would start working with the child. :grumble: That was the glorious start to my day and it only continued to become more stressful as the day went on. I will spare you all the details as it is too much for me to try to explain and I didn't get much sleep last night due to stress.

Welcome newbies!

MyMowMow - Sorry to hear the dog adoption didn't work out. Glad to hear MowMow is ok.

Tom - Love the cat picture.

Robin - You are most welcome. So sorry about the side effects of the steroids. (((hugs)))

Tanya - Once my gardens start really growing and blooming I will post some pictures. Right now everything is really small. I have not been getting back to running as of just yet but do plan to do so in the near future. :happy: Hope you have a great run. I bought an arm band from Amazon. It came with an extender. My arm is in between sizes. The band is too small to use without the extended. However when I have the extender on and put it on it's smallest setting it is fine for a bit before beginning to slip down my arm. :sad:

Laurie - Thanks for the tip on the daffodils. I tried to dig some up but the way the previous owner planted them they are again a stone border. It seemed like it was going to be a lot of work as I had to remove the border first to get my shovel in there. I was not willing to put in all that work at the moment. I decided to trim them back and call it a day. I accidentally found some poison ivy growing among the daffodils. After it brushed against my arm I noticed what it was. :grumble: I quickly washed it off, put meds on it and took some allergy meds (I didn't know if it would help but thought it was worth trying.) My arm was on fire for a bit but it is fine now. Luckily I didn't have a bad reaction. Of course I grabbed the poison ivy spray and sprayed. I only found one other spot behind my house where it was starting to grow. Oh the joys of nature... The poison ivy thing did me in. I decided to relax for the rest of the day on the patio and read a book instead.

Skinny - I am glad I am not the only one who has been skipping those workouts that can be done at home. I had intentions of doing my strength training yesterday but my day was so thrown off after that phone call. By the time I got home from work it was close to 7, I was frustrated from the chaos and decided to call it a day.

Tracy - Yikes to the sneeze injury. Hope you have a great vacation! Congrats on the house. I am so happy for you!

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles
    5/10 - 4.53 miles
    5/11 - 4.47 miles
    5/12 - 4.08 miles
    5/13 - 3.1 miles
    5/14 -2.23 miles
    5/15 - 2.11 miles
    5/16 - 1.42 miles (laziest day ever!)
    5/17 - 3.24 miles
    5/18 - 7.37 miles
    5/19 - .79 miles (Fitbit died, should be more)
    5/20 - 2.54 miles (Fitbit charging, should be more)
    5/21 - 3.37 miles
    5/22 - 2.2 miles
    5/23 - 4.07 miles
    5/24 - 3.32 miles
    5/25 - 4.78 miles
    5/26 - 2.15 miles
    5/27 - 1.99 miles

Total: 94.91 miles
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Closing in on my mileage goal. Kudos to those who have already exceeded theirs! I'm still contemplating my goal for June. I need to figure in rest days and a vacation where I'll be walking a lot, but not at a fast pace. I don't count any walking other than when I go out with the intention to exercise. For example, I don't count the couple times I walk the dog around the block slowly after dinner, but do count the brisk walk I take him on in the morning. I don't have a Fit Bit so I can't count steps while on vacation. Maybe I'll buy a simple pedometer.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.50 miles (class plus 1.50 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.50 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.50 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/18 - 3.50 miles (walk)
    5/19 - 4 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/20 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/21 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/22 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2 mile walk)
    5/23 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/24 - 4.5 miles (walk)
    5/25 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/26 - 4.0 miles (walk)
    5/27 - 2.75 miles (walk)
    5/28 - 3.75 miles (class plus 1.75 walk)

Total Miles - 91.25
  • PaintedCavalry
    Options
    Do y'all count just the miles that you're walking for exercise, or are you counting total miles with something like a pedometer and such?
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Do y'all count just the miles that you're walking for exercise, or are you counting total miles with something like a pedometer and such?

I think this varies by person. I count only the miles I walk for exercise and I count any 45 minute class (aerobics, Pilates) as 2 miles. Some count their steps with a Fit Bit or Pedometer and some count cycling, swimming, gardening and other activities.