St Patty's Day Challenge - January 2011 Thread

Options

Replies

• melodys_attic
    melodys_attic Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I prefer red pepper as a raw strip, maybe dipped in low fat dressing. They are actually sweet. Often the consistency of a cooked pepper is too slimey.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Melodys_attic - you can definitely post recipes here! Any general chat is welcome, and healthy recipes are of course encouraged :)

themommie - congrats on your loss!!!

mrmarler - I'm nowhere near there, but yay you for committing to that!!!

o_malley - instructor is DEFINITELY key, there are so many exercises I've tried, and even ones that would normally be extremely fun are just so tedious and blah without a good instructor.

Re: sour cream - it's not too too bad, I know the daisy brand is only 60cal for 2 tbsp and that is for the regular not light version :)

ymamyma - I'll be honest, the bacon avocado wasn't wonderful. I'm still a haas girl!! It was ripe, but it seemed too firm and not flavorful enough :-/ ah well, definitely worth trying it out just for the knowledge :)
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Also!!! Tomorrow is weigh in everyone!!! Good luck!!!

I'm not going to feel too bothered by my number in the morning because it's TOM over here (ugh), but I've still got my fingers crossed that it's remained under the 225 mark (which I am just ever so elated by - I can't believe I've made it this far!!!!)

Hope we're all still getting in those new fruit and veggies, and the extra exercise!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Hey ladies!

This week has been good for me, I just hope it shows on the scale tomorrow! I tried the sun-dried tomatoes... and I give them a meh. They really didn't have much of a taste, but it added some veggies to my pasta so that was good. As for the exercise, I don't have set times, so instead of adding 5 min, I just added two work outs. My goal before was 5 days x 30 min. And I increased that to 7 days x 30min. However, i usually end up doing an hour or so 3 or 4 times a week, and the total min equal out.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Hey ladies!

This week has been good for me, I just hope it shows on the scale tomorrow! I tried the sun-dried tomatoes... and I give them a meh. They really didn't have much of a taste, but it added some veggies to my pasta so that was good. As for the exercise, I don't have set times, so instead of adding 5 min, I just added two work outs. My goal before was 5 days x 30 min. And I increased that to 7 days x 30min. However, i usually end up doing an hour or so 3 or 4 times a week, and the total min equal out.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Sundried tomatoes can be so hit or miss depending on brand, I love love love them when I remember which ones to buy, lol, I know the ones I like come in a glass jar and they're marinated in olive oil and herbs, I'll let you know which ones if I recall the brand :) Also they have to be sort of chewy on the outside but still juicy inside! I know I've been disappointed in some that are just tasteless and totally shriveled up!
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    With sour cream I know I love it even some of the low fat versions (I am a tillamook cheese girl - I am not sure if that is just a west coast brand or if it is universal) . I will do the sour cream instead of salad dressing for my veggies. The sodium in dressing gets me. I will even put sour cream on my pasta instead of a butter or sauce. Maybe I am just weird. I don't use a lot just a little. Plus it is a dairy vs something else.
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im looking fwd to the weigh in 2mar :-)
  • Endershadow
    Endershadow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - 196
    Today - 193
    Goal - 185-180!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Today I weigh 151 pounds. I fought holiday weight gain and have moved towards weight loss. I lost 1 lb!

weight.png
  • supernonna
    Options
    I posted my last weight on the old thread on accident and because I was in a hurry. I was 178 last friday and I've got my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday... Mostly I've had orange juice and tomato soup and fat free chocolate pudding... so anyway this morning I weighed myself and I am 173.9. I know it was a fast lost so IDK if will stay off but I'm loving being overweight instead of obese!!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    181.2 for me today. i was actually hoping for a little better, but I'll take it!
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    219.7. Not where I wanted to be by now, but back on track - YAH!!!
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello girls! I weighed in at 239.3 today, down exactly 2 lbs. I added a couple of extra blocks to each of my walks with my dog this week but didn't try any new veggies. This coming week, I'm going to try either sweet potatoes or beets again, both of which I have disliked every other time I tried them. Wish me luck! Have an excellent weekend!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Current weight 183.6, goal weight 3/17 is 170 lbs.

Good luck to all!
  • klwa
    klwa Posts: 61
    Options
    Checking in for this week's weigh-in. 155.6 this morning!!! SO excited. Now, just to keep plugging away at this, because I've got quite a bit more to lose. It would be so easy to slip back into my old habits, but I'm determined to do this. I love the accountability of this board! It makes me keep logging every single bite, and trying to be consistent with exercise. We can do this!!!
  • mrmarler
    mrmarler Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 171.4!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    was Life1979_24 - 272.5 | 270(-2.5)
    current 267.2
    down 2.8
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    weigh in today at 208.........yeah the scale is moving in the right direction
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    weighing in @ 186.8 today, -1 lb
  • aholtz1
    aholtz1 Posts: 27
    Options
    CW 205.2
    Starting to get back into the swing of things :)
    This year is a year of Change & Commitment to being healthy.