YAYW - smoking hot Brides to Be!

Options

Replies

• glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I want to be a smoking hot bride!!

eight months until the wedding and I want to lose 25-30lbs.

Just ordered my 30d shred dvd yesterday so looking forward to starting that too!
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

im doing 30 day shred just on day 5 x

Im dress hunting at moment found one i like but not certain now ! I have the all impoertant honeymoon booked though x
  • mrsstephens2011
    Options
    hey everyone,

just thought i ould post so i dont lose this thread- i got married in august and i got 1 1/2 stone for it i have now put on 2 stone since :( so i really want to lose the weight! although i tend to comfort eat and the last few months of 2010 were awful...but i love this site- its great and it really makes me think how much i eat by recording it- well my concern today was the amount of tea and coffee i had in one day! lol xx
  • glitterballv
    Options
    Hi all,

im doing 30 day shred just on day 5 x

Im dress hunting at moment found one i like but not certain now ! I have the all impoertant honeymoon booked though x

Lizzie, where you going on honeymoon?
    Just booked ours to Las Vegas and Maui yesterday!! x
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but there are three forums with brides with upcoming weddings. Although I enjoy this thread, I noticed that the other one is much more active. What do you all say about moving over there and starting to post there instead? I don't know about you, but I'm having trouble following all three on a daily basis.

The forum I'm suggesting that we team up and join is the Brides on a Mission Part 1, located at:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/145781-brides-on-a-mission-week-1

I hope to see you all there.... I probably won't be popping back in here.

Shannon
  • hummo
    hummo Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone I thought Id join in! Ive got about 1- 1 1/2 stones to lose before March 2012- My wedding! agggggh!

This year is going to be a good THIN year!! :)

x
  • lizzie2190
    Options
    Were going on a cruise :) I only wanted to go for a week ( leaving kids for 1st time !) and decided a cruise would be ideal as can keep as busy or rest as much as i like . We go on the sunday (wedding on friday) and go palma, monte carol, rome, sorrento and sicily.

Would love to go to Maui !!! and vegas !!!! :) x xx
  • glitterballv
    Options
    Can't wait for the honeymoon! But at least I have eight months to sort out my body!!
    Trying to picture myself on the beach in a bikini- hopefully that image will keep me from reaching for the chocolate!
  • maec18
    maec18 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi y'all I would love to join y'alls group as I am getting married in September!
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Hi ladies
    I have some more healthy recipes as my Olive magazine has just arrived, complete with a low-fat recipe supplement! Some also quite low carb. Do you want me to post more recipes or have you had enough!? Let me know and I can pop some on over the weekend if needed :)
  • jlanzer
    jlanzer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ooooo please count me in! My wedding is May 21, 2011!
  • lizzie2190
    Options
    Am going dress shop after work tomorrow and sunday . fingers crossed i find the one !
    Like a few gowns so far ( not tried all on) Ronald joyce,livia , ellis 11054 and sottero and midgley adorae - hope to find THE ONE this month :D
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Were going on a cruise :) I only wanted to go for a week ( leaving kids for 1st time !) and decided a cruise would be ideal as can keep as busy or rest as much as i like . We go on the sunday (wedding on friday) and go palma, monte carol, rome, sorrento and sicily.

Would love to go to Maui !!! and vegas !!!! :) x xx

Hi Lizzie - how exciting a cruise - thats what me and my man want to arrange - we would only do a 1 week one and a meditteranean one as we have never done one before. Just really fancy the idea - hoping to book ours for next year over the next few months xxx
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Hey Girls, sorry I have been absent poster here - been busy with Xmas and then now got a horrible cold and very chesty cough - I have had this around 2 weeks and it seems to be improving but I still feel drained and needing constant sleep (or so it feels like it)

Ms Natalie - I was going to do my 30DS again - but I also bought the 6 week 6 pack dvd which I am about to start today - apparently very similar to the shred but is 30 min workouts and you need to do 5 times a week. Will be doing my first one at lunch today.

Also I saw that someone said that there is another thread and was going over there. I am happy staying here if you girls are - so let me know if we are keeping this thread going x x :flowerforyou:
  • marymoonpigUK
    Options
    Morning all
    ive used YAYW and i get married May 2012, i want to be a slimmer bride!!! 160lbs at the min, 1st goal to get to 140lbs, goob luck everyone
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    Agreed re the other thread! Nat set this one up for the YAYW ladies and selected friends, not for all brides everywhere. It's nice to pop in to other threads but also nice to have one of 'our own' :happy:
  • Webby1000
    Webby1000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So ladies, anyone feeling a little more smoking hot than a week ago? I oonly started on diet a week ago yesterday and already feeling the difference, Ive lost 4 pounds in a week and can feel myself toning up and also feeling more energised....not quite smoking hpot yet, but I do still have 5 months til the wedding :)
  • Flossycat100
    Options
    I'm doing better than I ever thought I could but then again I started in November so I have a bit of a head start. And I have a LOT more to lose so I can't rest on my laurels for too long... just under 80lb still to lose at least and even then my dress might not fit, so I have the dressmaker on standby with a lace-up back option!!! My aim is not to need that though, hence the near-obsession :happy:

Just about fitting into my size 18 clothes though!!! So not a bad result, I reckon just over a dress size down so far :smile:
  • KittyKat_Sammi
    Options
    Well I am slowly recovering from the UK cold bug that has infected a lot of peeps this Christmas - doing my 30 min circuit training 5 days a week now and trying to be more active in general.

Seem to be losing 1lb a week - which is a nice steady rate to lose and I would be more than happy to continue with this for the next 16 - 18 weeks. This would then get me back to where I was and bikini ready for my holiday in May, its my hubby to be's 40th so I want to blow his socks off when he see's me looking hot around the pool lol.:love:

We have been discussing the wedding a bit more and we defo are aiming to decide where we want to get married soon. Still keep swaying on what I want though, home or away!!!!!

Lets keep it up girls, you are all doing really well and its motivating me loads!!

xx
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, Kitty, that's a fantastic loss!! I was hit by that bloody bug over christmas too..docs suspected piggy flu!!

Very exciting about setting a date! It will all get so real then it's crazy!

My eating went well today and I still have enough to have bowl of special K just before bed!

For all the newbies...I can't stress how important drinking water is...I get headaches now if I don't get enough. try and drink half of your body weight in water. NO more than this though whatsoever unless you have had an intense workout. Listen to your body. Sometimes you feel hungry when all your body wants is a drink!

I am so motivated to get back to this now...I've changed my ticker so I know how much I have left to lose...hopefully this will keep me motivated!!

:flowerforyou: