People who are burning 1000+ calories a day

Options

Replies

• One_Last_Time
    One_Last_Time Posts: 125
    Options
    I used to be able to do this. 60 minutes of the elliptical (650 calories), 30 minutes weights or swimming, 4+ hours of walking at work (pedometer)
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I do P90X3 in the Morning and the either Insanity or I go Running at night. On the more intense days, I can burn over 1000 calories. I had one day where I had a good breakfast, a decent lunch, and a well balanced dinner, and after I factored in my calorie burn for the day I as in the negative by like 50. At that point, you have to eat something (I had a protein shake and a granola bar).
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The only way I hit 1000+ calories that is fairly easy is a hike for a couple of hours.I hike up to a waterfall and makes it so worth it ! I go on a nice hike part sun part shade lots of trees.So I'm just enjoying being out and burning calories not even thinking about it being a workout..... until I'm done get hungry then log I go "wow I can eat!":tongue:
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I burned 1245 calories this morning biking to work, 24.5 miles.. I burn more on the ride home from work as the way I take home is 28 miles and it's mostly uphill (so we're talking 1500-1800). I have not yet done both to work and home in a single day.. but soon!

ETA - I use a HRM
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Run for about 90 minutes at 8:30 pace.
    Na, I can hit that calorie mark in about 60 minutes. Of course I weigh over 200 lbs. A 16 - 18 mile run will put me out about 2500 calories.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity at 278lbs and got my Heart rate up to 180 bpm. I would usually burn with each workout 700-900 kcal.
    When I got down to 245lbs and got my Heart rate uo to 180bpm. I would usually burn with each workout 500-650 (or so) same workout , same bpm.
    The more weight you lose the less you burn.
    BMR becomes less as you lose from what I noticed on MY stats.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Na, I can hit that calorie mark in about 60 minutes. Of course I weigh over 200 lbs. A 16 - 18 mile run will put me out about 2500 calories.

Size matters--the lighter you are the harder it is to burn lots of calories. The perks of losing all the fat :grumble:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mvc8lf9gig1sf0xh9o1_500.gif
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You've got a lot of answers already. So I suppose I am redundant.
    I do it if I run 8 miles or more, bike about 25 miles of more, or play singles tennis for about 2 hours or more.
    I do not do it every day. But i do it pretty often because I usually run 5 miles in the morning and then play some tennis in the evenings.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I change it up by doing different classes at the gym..

Yesterday I did a power yoga class during my lunch break, and after work I did 40 minutes on the treadmill + strength training

Today I did a hip hop dance class, and after work I'll be doing a circuit training class

I often do a bootcamp class on my lunch break, swim laps for 20 minutes after work, and then go to a spin class

Or I could mix in other classes. I still try to make sure I am doing some solo working out treadmill + strength
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    an hour of hard kettle bell training ( by hard I mean training for competition so around 300 snatches with a 35lb - 50 lb kettle bell, plus swings ) and 3 -5 mile run afterward - that would put me in the 1000 cal region
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    running 11.3 miles or more.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Depends a lot on your weight and fitness level. My one hour run for 6 miles burned 1000 calories according to my HRM. Next year, I expect to weigh 30 pounds less with a lower lactate heart threshold, in which case I will be burning fewer calories at the same speed.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

BOOM
  • Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Go on YouTube and search Fitnessblender "1000 calorie work out"
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I walk, A LOT. Between 1-2 hours a day and throw in some weight lifting and extra cardio and/or HIIT and I can reach 1000.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a HRM when you're getting these numbers? MFP exercise estimates are not correct, in fact, they measure much higher than a HRM. I realize an HRM is also an estimate, however I trust that number over what MFP says a general burn is.
    Agreed. Just remember also, the bigger you are and harder you work, the more calories you will burn. My HRM shows a higher number when I am really working hard, and on days where I am barely putting forth an effort, my HRM will either be equal to or lower than the MFP database.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

^Yep. That'll do it!
  • Becky_LaBelle
    Becky_LaBelle Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do Bikram yoga and I can easily burn 1000 cals in one hour if I do every posture and put a good bit of effort into it. I am using my HRM. During my most recent work out of strength training I burned about 700 cals in about 45 min. But I'm pretty heavy. So as I lose weight, I have to workout harder or longer to get big numbers.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Please tell me, what ARE you doing? I've been snooping in a few food diaries for ideas and ideal macro ratios and I see "you have 123924397334239 extra calories today". I maybe burn about 300 extra a day now, when I was doing p90x maybe around 700 extra...I'm really curious?

Cycling!

If I keep my HR average around 140-144 bpm on a ride (52 years old), I find I ride most of the ride in what is known as Zone 2, I can easily top 1000 calories on a 90 minute bike ride (17.9 - 18.1 mph).

If I do a 60+ mile gravel race, now we are talking about some serious calories burned in the 4000+ range. ;-)