People who are burning 1000+ calories a day

Options
osualex
osualex Posts: 409 Member
Please tell me, what ARE you doing? I've been snooping in a few food diaries for ideas and ideal macro ratios and I see "you have 123924397334239 extra calories today". I maybe burn about 300 extra a day now, when I was doing p90x maybe around 700 extra...I'm really curious?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Run for about 90 minutes at 8:30 pace.
  • determined136
    determined136 Posts: 332
    Options
    I enjoy my cardio. I have been doing Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. If I do more than an hour I can hit over 1000. I don't know how accurate the exercise calories are but I do know that when I am done I am sweating like a crazy woman. :huh:
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I walk five miles at a fast pace.... that will burn 500+ and then if I do Zumba for an hour or an hour and 15 that will generally burn another 500.....

Most of my stuff is cardio.....
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT one of those folks! However, I think the exercise calories are skewed. I spent several hours picking up sticks and pine cones, and carrying lawn bags to the street, and supposedly I burned over 1000 calories. There's no way, as I wasn't even sweating that hard. I think that the General Gardening must include lifting 50 pound bags of potting soil or something to give out those kind of calorie burns!
  • misstacynichols
    Options
    Bikram (yoga in a 105 degree room) can burn a ton of calories in a 90 min sesh. I weigh 118 lbs and burn aprox. 950 cals per sesh. If you weigh more you burn more. Be warned this is not deep breathing yoga, this is cardio and strength yoga.
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a HRM when you're getting these numbers? MFP exercise estimates are not correct, in fact, they measure much higher than a HRM. I realize an HRM is also an estimate, however I trust that number over what MFP says a general burn is.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    you have to do at least 60m ..closer to 90m of high intensity working out to burn that much :-) hard work but ull feel good after
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA or cardio kickboxing! Altho some people will argue you can't burn that much in a hour. I sweat buckets doing both and have had people verify that it is possible to burn over 1000 cal in 65-75 min doing either of these!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Vigorous bicycling (hilly terrain, 14MPH pace). I can burn somewhere around 1000 calories an hour doing that. Sunday I rode 50 miles in 3 hours 45 minutes, and I couldn't even eat the calories I burned and ended the day eating "net" -160 calories.

Anything that you can do to get your heart rate well up into the cardio range and keep it there will burn off calories fast. The elliptical is my personal favorite for calorie burning and endurance training, since it's very low impact and I can set the resistance and my chosen pace to keep my heart rate at a target (usually around 145 or so, right at the top of the "cardio" range for my age). I usually can burn about 700 calories in a 45-minute workout.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    my school run burns 700+ because its a 5k round trip twice a day, so if i do anything different it goes over 1000, especially when i go to bootcamp
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    The other day, I ran for 45 mins at a 9:22 pace, walked at 4.5mph on an incline, and hopped on the elliptical for awhile.
    I burned 1019 cals including my stretching.
    All numbers are from my HRM
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I've come close a time or two, but that's with the HRM and I'm doing Tae Kwon Do so it all depends on the type of class the instructor does.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Also depends on your size. I'm a wee bit bigger so my calorie burns are pretty decent. 700-900 for a 60 minute Zumba or kickboxing class. More if I kick up the intensity.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    When I do my long runs, like 8 miles or more, I burn well over a thousand calories :) I use those days as my "I get to eat barbecue and drink beer" days!
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    An hour of tae bo (let the teasing begin), plus 45 minutes of heavy lifting 6 days a week. I wear a hrm during both, and burn over 1000 with each workout
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    On my gym days I generally burn about 1000. Haven't been to the gym in a week though due to medical crapiness.

I do the arc for at least 30 minutes and usually burn about 370. I do a half hour of circuit training, and then either the elliptical or the tredmill.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I know this is sort of off topic, but I'm not one of those folks either. I might come close if I play competitive volleyball for 2 hours (I think I got around 800 calories for that), but never 1000.

I also do not WANT to be one of those folks as I have no desire to spend that kind of time working out. I'd prefer to eat the way I am eating and burn between 400-500 per day doing what I'm doing now.

I just know I could not keep up that type of exercise commitment, but kudos to those who do!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Also depends on your size. I'm a wee bit bigger so my calorie burns are pretty decent. 700-900 for a 60 minute Zumba or kickboxing class. More if I kick up the intensity.

This is true, I know I burn less calories per hour doing the same exact thing I was doing 17 lbs ago.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Yea...I think MFP is lying it's a$# off...because I did 40 mins on elliptical this morning ...and the machine said I burned roughly 225 Cals...but I logged it in to MFP...and it said I burend 563 Cals...WTH? so I manually put in 400...I don't really think any of this crap is accurate.

EDIT i even put my weight into the machine...maybe my age is the reason it spikes so high on MFP...because my age is loaded here but not on the elliptical
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I burned 1300 kcal by doing 2 h of elliptical trainer. After an hour, I take a minute break, but that's about it. You can also go for 2 classes of kettlecross, your guaranteed 1000 + calories. :))