Breakfast ideas that will get me through to lunch?

Options
123457»

Replies

• kristendeyell
    kristendeyell Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually do Oatmeal. I buy Sally's Cereal Oatmeal. 1 packet for me, plus 100 grams of plain greek yogurt, 1 stevia packet and 1 scoop of protein powder. I cook the oatmeal first then I stir in the greek yogurt and protein powder. Keeps me full from 6:30 to 10:30ish. Depending on your calorie consumption (mine is only 1650 a day) you could easily double that for a roughly 600ish calorie breakfast!
  • Chabang
    Chabang Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried this smoothie last week a few days, it kept me full for from 630am to noon

Its call the Pink Breakfast Smoothie

1 c strawberries
    1 banana
    1/2 c oats
    1 tsp raw honey
    1/2 c peanut butter
    1 c almond milk or other milk you drink?
    handful of ice cubes

1/2 cup of peanut butter? Really? Seems like a lot.

That's what I was thinking.....it would definitely keep you full though! A 1/ 2 cup of peanut butter is ~65 grams of fat and almost 800 calories. I usually put a couple of tablespoons in a smoothie.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The other thing I make is protein pancakes, and they do keep me quite full as well. I use 1 scoop of protein powder (about 20g), 1 scoop of almond meal, 1 egg and a little bit of water to make into a batter. Then I top the pancakes with some frozen berries and cinnamon. They are yummy and they keep me quite full.
    I've made other protein pancakes that were really good and very filling and also portable if eaten without toppings. I really like the sound of these ones with the almond meal.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    OP, did you try the protein pancakes?

Not yet, but my dad have me his recipe for Quinoia pancakes. He made them when he was in town for memorial day weekend. I had 1.5 of the leftover pancakes on Tuesday and they carried me through to lunch just fine!

That sounds tasty! Will you please share your dad's recipe for those pancakes?

1/2 c quinoia (then cooked to make 1-1.5 cups)
    2 c whole wheat flour
    1 tbs baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/3 c sugar or splenda (I used baking splenda)
    2 tsp powdered milk (ONLY if you do not use milk as part of the liquid)
    2 c water or milk
    2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients, then add liquid, eggs and quinoia. Cook on a hot griddle with nonstick cooking spray.

Notes:
    2 c of liquid is not enough, as you mix it, add more water so consistency is slightly thicker than heavy cream.
    Do not overmix. Use a wisk if necessary.
    Add more baking powder if you want them fluffier, or more water if you want them thinner.

(I used a 1/4 cup for each pancake and it made exactly 20 pancakes, but this will vary depending on the amount of liquid you use.)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

1/2 c quinoia (then cooked to make 1-1.5 cups)
    2 c whole wheat flour
    1 tbs baking powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/3 c sugar or splenda (I used baking splenda)
    2 tsp powdered milk (ONLY if you do not use milk as part of the liquid)
    2 c water or milk
    2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients, then add liquid, eggs and quinoia. Cook on a hot griddle with nonstick cooking spray.

Notes:
    2 c of liquid is not enough, as you mix it, add more water so consistency is slightly thicker than heavy cream.
    Do not overmix. Use a wisk if necessary.
    Add more baking powder if you want them fluffier, or more water if you want them thinner.

(I used a 1/4 cup for each pancake and it made exactly 20 pancakes, but this will vary depending on the amount of liquid you use.)

That sounds awesome!
    I wonder if ground oats would work in place of the whole wheat flour... hmm....
  • IrisR05
    IrisR05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    very interesting , i find the same thing happening to me but mine is the afternoon , im good through breakfast , go to work mid morning good til lunch , which i usually have yogurt .By the time i leave work i am starving , so i do try and get a snack in there , try different things , fruit banana , handful of almonds , you should snack on something even if its on your way to work .. I am on my feet 8 hours everyday , but im hungry ! as for getting a new job , in the perfect world maybe ,lol but we all need jobs , dont you have a 15 min break at work ? try some protein bars ? good luck ..