how skinny is sexy?

So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?

Replies

• KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Trolling?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Trolling?

Sounds about right...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I think I can speak for all men...

We don't find women 5'6" attractive, your husband is lying to you.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    I have the same problem and I'm 5'6" too. I'm 134 right now and about 20% bf, doing a lot of strength training. So (TMI I know) I've gone from a 34D bust to a 32B (staying at the same weight). My husband is not happy. (Luckily my butt is still nice from all the squats LOL). It's not the weight so much as the BF%. Last weekend one of his friends thought it appropriate to lecture me about how it's good that I'm getting stronger but that it's OK to have a layer of fat over my muscles. Men are just annoying sometimes.

I really like my weight at this BF% and I'm at the same size I was when I was 125. I could never be 95 lbs... don't think it is physically possible with my bone structure. (Even 125 I got a lot of negative comments). So you must have a smaller frame? Do you feel good? Do you feel healthy? Those are the important things.

My mom has always promoted being skinny, even heroin chic as she calls it. It's also a status symbol.

I think at the end of the day you should worry more about where you feel comfortable as opposed to your husband or your mom, or your friends. That's what I do anyway. Really, every day you look in the mirror you are the person that has the emotional reaction. And I'm sure it's more important to your husband that you feel good about yourself than his physical attractiveness. (Giving him the benefit of the doubt).
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member

Men don't even find women attractive.

They find beer, wings, and football attractive.
    OP is definitely trolling.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member

This. I had to resort to wearing heels all the time to trick my husband into marrying me. It's awkward in the shower but that's the price of being 5'6".
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Ugh...

All men are different. They like different things. Some like skinny, some like curvy, some like fat. Depends on the man. If this is a serious post, why the heck do t you just ask your husband what he wants?

But this couldn't be serious.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    My advice is to do what makes YOU happy and not to change yourself for somebody else, husband or otherwise. If he isn't happy with you at 95lbs, he won't be happy with you at any weight. There's a lot more to a relationship than appearance.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Ugh...

All men are different. They like different things. Some like skinny, some like curvy, some like fat. Depends on the man. If this is a serious post, why the heck do t you just ask your husband what he wants?

^ This.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member

^not true. They will sometimes watch the cheerleaders for a minute at football games... But only when they've got a full cup of beer, they're getting bored, and there is nothing else football related going on.....
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member

^not true. They will sometimes watch the cheerleaders for a minute at football games... But only when they've got a full cup of beer, they're getting bored, and there is nothing else football related going on.....

Oh true that....thanks for catching that!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member

The only reason I watch football is for the cheerleaders, otherwise I'd just eat the wings and drink the beer and ignore the TV altogether.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Your post sounds similar to several that have been posted. Your husband doesn't want you to weigh 95lbs...you want to lose more weight (or at least maintain 95lbs). Maybe he wants to have a baby...you not so much...

Just saying...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So today's society confuses me. There are girls who are super skinny that men find attractive, but then there are women who are curvy and a little 'chubby' that is attractive. So what would the ideal sexy weight be for a woman of 5'6"? The reason I ask is because I want my husband to be happy with me and he doesn't seem very happy with me at 95 lbs...so any advice?

:huh: :noway:
  • TavistockToad

I have never been so glad to be 5'5" :laugh:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Ugh...

Yep
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

Just treat life like the squat rack. Stay on your heels and don't get up on your toes...
  • I think MOST men like confidence so you if you feel like you look good and you feel sexy that is attractive. Obviously beyond that men have types but if he married ya chances are you were his type at one time...
  • TavistockToad

Just treat life like the squat rack. Stay on your heels and don't get up on your toes...

Brilliant!