January 64 oz. of water a day challenge!

Options

Replies

• candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh Amanda, I'm so sorry. Hope everything turned out okay!

I teach 8th grade math and Algebra One. My 8th graders love to remind me to drink my water! Thank goodness!!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Woot!!! Got 12 glasses today!!
  • candycana
    Options
    OMG, Amanda! I think I'd burst! I'm going to try for nine glasses tomorrow. :)
  • maryrountree1
    Options
    I am also a teacher. I never drink water at school. Water is not my drink of choice. I'm in the challenge starting tomorrow...thanks for posting.
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there... Made it yesterday and had 10 today (plus the 20 oz coffee!)
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Made the goal today, but struggled.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    It's 2pm and my 8 glasses are done!!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    It's 2pm and my 8 glasses are done!!

12 total today!
  • candycana
    Options
    Amanda, you are one serious overachiever!!! I love it! You're an inspiration! I got in 9 glasses today! Woot!

Don't give up teachawa...I swear it gets easier every day.

kgalea, is that 10 glasses? Wow, you guys are amazing! I hear it helps shed the pounds too! Keep on drinkin'!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Only did 6 glasses today. Will do better tomorrow. Very tired today.
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    I'd love to join the water challenge!!!! I actually made this a personal goal of mine for the month, so finding this thread is great for me. The first few days were tough and I didn't make it some of the days, but yesterday I got in 12 glasses, thats a huge accomplishment for me:drinker: I'm not a teacher, I'm a nurse working night shift. I have a 26 oz. stainless steel bottle that I use and try to drink at least 2 while at work, and get in the rest at home. We can do this!!! :drinker: :happy:
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I've struggled with this for a long time but I'm working on it. I have a 27 fl oz bottle and since getting it last week I've done pretty well getting in my 2.5 bottles but sometimes it can be a struggle. This is a great challenge by the way.
  • lisadonachie
    Options
    im in i can go till 3pm n think **** i havent had a single thing to drink all day im just not thirsty great idea :) x
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    im in i can go till 3pm n think **** i havent had a single thing to drink all day im just not thirsty great idea :) x

I've done that sooooooo many times.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    I'd love to join if I'm not too late. I'm about to finish bottle number two leaving me half a bottle to go.
  • candycana
    Options
    Lisa, I've done the same thing too many times to count. I think our body just gets used to not drinking. Weird. But I've found that it's getting easier each day.

Jessifer, I hadn't thought about it, but I imagine nursing would be much the same as teaching when you compare our constant focus on those were are serving. Both our students and your patients are needy and I think we tend to put their needs before our own. It goes hand in hand with why we chose our vocation, the desire to help others, make a difference. I think teachers have an advantage in that we have the same students every day and they can remind us to drink. Your patients change often. So you'll have to find something else to help to remember. Maybe the nurses on your shift can challenge each other? I don't know enough about your job to know if there are repetitive things that you could associate with drinking, like our class changes. But no matter what, we're here to cheer you on. You can do this!

BoresEasily, (I love that screen name), welcome! It's NEVER to late to make the commitment to drink! Uh...water. ;) Jump on board and see if you can finish out the month with at least 64oz every day! Good luck!
  • candycana
    Options
    Only did 6 glasses today. Will do better tomorrow. Very tired today.

But six glasses is STILL way more that you used to drink, right? Don't give up. Today's another day! Bottoms up! :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I agree, 6 glasses is great!! Gotta start somewhere. Good work!
  • Aquamarine7
    Options
    I'm in! I've been terrible at it thus far. I usually only get 32 ozs a day. :noway:

So.. I here by commit and am getting up to get 16 ozs in right now! :happy:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Having second glass now!!

Come on guys! One at a time!