That one person who needs to use MyFitnessPal

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So they stop freaking blowing up facebook with their posts about the gym and pictures taken in the mirror flexing. Like I get it, you're narcissistic and love your body - good. Sweet baby jesus though nobody cares enough to get a 2 hour update on your quads.
    I hope you don't post about your kids or how in love you are or pictures of your food, alcohol ...

Or photos of trips you go on or ...

Everyone has something they're interested in and they post about it. If this bothers you so much, I think you're the problem.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I had to put a friend on ignore because of this. I'm thrilled when people meet their fitness goals, but I don't need you blowing up my feed every day just because you went to the gym. A pic of you hitting a new PR or holding a yoga pose you couldn't get into before, and I'm there. Daily pics of you all sweaty from your beach body home workout - save it. I also consider exercise to be something you just do as part of your day, like cleaning your house, cooking a meal, or taking care of your kids, so unless something spectacular happened, idgaf.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    For the most part I can deal with any kind of FB post but one time I did unfriendly a guy because it got to be too much. It was a combination of constant selfies, healthy food pics, and overwhelming hash tags.

One guy thinks he is God's gift to the gym. We all have to get at least 3 motivational posts from him a day about hard work and dedication to the gym and striving for perfection. Then when he hits the gym we get 2 pictures of him flexing. Afterwards we get another random picture and a recap of the day. Almost every day.
    Why are you "friends" with him? If it's that annoying, just delete the whole thing and stop complaining.

Because he's a good guy otherwise and he's fun to joke around with and when he's not posting his diamond calves he is fine. I have my quirks too and I'm sure he could delete me, but my quirks don't have a social media website dedicated to them that I could switch to.
    Then I suggest you adjust his FB settings and make him disappear from your feed since closing your eyes or taking another approach - that of supporting him in the spirit of optimism - clearly isn't working. God forbid someone does something for their health...

You really didn't read over half the thread, did you?
    Actually I did and it was the same whining and b*tching. This thread was the easiest to quote so I did that. Thanks for questioning my reading and comprehension skills, by the way; really clever change of tactics you did there, since I didn't support you in your immature, public critique of your friend.

I guess I just hit a nerve, then. Did you rethink your last gym status update? Did it get enough likes?
    "Girls compete with each other, women empower one another."

I'm doing you a favour when suggesting you read the solid advice you've received in this thread. Talk to your friend and suggest MFP to him in a nice way, don't mention you're bothered by his updates, or simply adjust the settings. I'm not interested in a pissing contest like guys can do, but genuinely urge you to rethink your strategy.

To answer your question, if a friend of mine posts whatever on FB, I view it in the light that they are proud and happy about something. It doesn't take away anything from me and it's my choice entirely to react however I please; all the options are open. I rarely use FB these days, but when I do, I have it under control. I don't mean to sound nasty, but I have a few more years under my belt compared to you and I've seen narcissism in action in my own home; he's an ex-husband and it sounds like nothing that your friend is doing. Support him or don't, but talking behind his back in public is never a good idea, in particular if you haven't even brought your issue with him up in private.

So then you agree it's something worth bringing up to someone? And given that I've made zero mention of who it was and it's not just limited to one person, he is just an example, I fail to see how you justify this as talking behind someone's back. But I'm sure you would never talk about someone without them present, even anonymously. I bow to your superior moral compass.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    Why don't you post endless pictures of your kids and or pets with inspirational parenting/pet messages or whatever and see if he complains?

As hilarious as that sounds, I don't really post anything. Unless it's a metal cover of "What is Love."
  • LazSommer
    Options
    So they stop freaking blowing up facebook with their posts about the gym and pictures taken in the mirror flexing. Like I get it, you're narcissistic and love your body - good. Sweet baby jesus though nobody cares enough to get a 2 hour update on your quads.
    I hope you don't post about your kids or how in love you are or pictures of your food, alcohol ...

Or photos of trips you go on or ...

Everyone has something they're interested in and they post about it. If this bothers you so much, I think you're the problem.

Nah.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Well here is your opportunity. :) Go crazy.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    What came to my mind while reading this thread is what I have to say to my 6 year old all the time, "Stop complaining about your problem and find a solution."

There are options on Facebook which allow you to hide his posts, so you can still be friends with him, but you don't have to keep scrolling past all those quad updates. Bless your heart.

As stated before, I do draw a sick entertainment from the evolution of mental illness.
    You repulse me.

Took long enough.
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Why don't you post endless pictures of your kids and or pets with inspirational parenting/pet messages or whatever and see if he complains?

As hilarious as that sounds, I don't really post anything. Unless it's a metal cover of "What is Love."

Theres a metal cover of What is love? Ill be youtubing that in a moment....instead of suggesting MFP as we cant post loads of pics up here unless its in the forums, suggest instagram. People can be as narcissistic as they want on that bad boy and nobody bats an eyelid - that's where all my fitness photos go, rather than on fb.

I do think you are having a lot of fun winding people up though..

2pspxk5.jpg
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    you sound like a ninny baby. This type of *****ing and whining i would expect to see on facebook, the general facebook user just loooves this type of bull****. Just go to his page and and select the option to not have his stuff on your main feed. Oh and maybe, the rest of his friend list is just like him and his general audience is fine with the posts and you are the odd ball out. But otherwise throw him a like and leave a comment along the lines of "your looking great! Hey myfitnesspal has a really great work out community i think you might like it there" or some such bull and then go own with your life.
  • LazSommer
    Options
    you sound like a ninny baby. This type of *****ing and whining i would expect to see on facebook, the general facebook user just loooves this type of bull****. Just go to his page and and select the option to not have his stuff on your main feed. Oh and maybe, the rest of his friend list is just like him and his general audience is fine with the posts and you are the odd ball out. But otherwise throw him a like and leave a comment along the lines of "your looking great! Hey myfitnesspal has a really great work out community i think you might like it there" or some such bull and then go own with your life.

You sound like you're really upset. Why are you so upset?
  • dancingmuffin
    dancingmuffin Posts: 70 Member
    Options

You sound like you're really upset. Why are you so upset?
    well it is simple it is early in the morning havent had my run yet and all i hear is a ninny baby crying first thing in the morning over somthing so stupid lol. You have a simple fix to your promblem with your little buddy now go on,go do it.
    P.s. Yeah i know i didnt have to click this thread, honestly thought it was gonna be one of the little games they do on here ,but this is just stupid ninny baby stuff.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    kids, gym, pets, totally don't mind, but sweet lord enough with the food pics , who cares wtf your eating , just eat it.
    oh and selfies, I despise the selfies where they think your not gonna go notice its a selfie, ma please.............I can tell ur arm is alllllllllllllllllllllllllll the way under as you stare out your window and pretend your driving. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I saw huge potential for derailment of this thread early on but you all brought it back on topic. Congrats to you all. If there was a clapping smiley I'd add a crap ton but sadly there isn't.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Choose to not get their updates or unfriend them
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Maybe you should just burn Facebook to the ground.

wikiimage-1.png
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You have the option in FB to filter what you see from certain people. The time you have taken here to complain about it could have been spent choosing what you see from your "friends" on FB, and eliminating your problem.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I agree! The unmitigated gall of some people to use a free and open social medium in a way that makes them happy, GAH! Don't they realize how many precious minutes I have to waste either ignoring or complaining about them?

C'mere op...
    tumblr_loxapoPmGQ1ql01d2o1_500.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer that than all the updates about It Works wraps, or the myriad of other B.S. quick fixes
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer that than all the updates about It Works wraps, or the myriad of other B.S. quick fixes

Oh my goodness, yes
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've started ignoring Facebook because mine is now full of new "beach body coaches" and OMG go to my bodybyvi site because I lost 10 lbs in 4 days. The majority unfit. And gonna gain another 15 by next month. But, as I'm doing it the healthy way and haven't reached my goal yet, I would look like I didn't know what I was talking about.