Is calorie counting hard?

Options

Replies

• KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My take on the gifs and the mods is if they didn't want them, they would ban them, give timeouts to people who post them, etc.

I think the thread was nuked because the OP never took a single suggestion and used it, and it just went on and on and on. Too much information. Threads from other sites (myself guilty of posting), but there is so much insanity on other sites as well.

Then OP comes onto this thread seeing out the negative attention. Ridic.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Soup?

Can we talk about other crock pot ideas? I'm not the biggest fan of soup during the summer- which is a shame because the White Bean Chicken Chili at Cheesecake Factory is one of the most filling items on the SkinnyLicious menu.

The actual counting calories is easy. The mental aspect and figuring out the right balance of calories between meals, however, is a bit more of a challenge.

Once you let HLB into your heart, she never truly leaves.

Wow skimming through this one, completely missed she wandered over to this one.

So seriously, orgies are a bad topic, and that is what took down an epic thread. If dirty pictures were not posted, what is the issue. We are all adults and have the ability to not read a thread if we don't want to. I had a few on my FL that kept seeming upset that the thread was still going.....didn't get it because you can ignore it, just like If something you don't like is on tv you can choose not to watch it.
    So, seriously... I was joking about the orgy references. Yes, somebody said something about orgies, but the comments were very, very tame. I'm sure the thread was axed for some other reason... perhaps for public posting of private contact information, which is against the Community Guidelines. There were references to OP's accounts on other sites, which count as private contact information according to the CGs... and aside from that, OP was very free with personal details of who she was, where she worked, who her friend was, and so on... I think that with a moderate amount of digging, it would have been possible to locate her physically at a given time. And that's just not a good thing for her, and the MFP community is right to be concerned over that. Is she still so exposed now -- maybe so, on other sites, but not so much here.

Your friends may have been some of those with more experience on the MFP boards who remember a thread not unlike this one. A young MFP user was caught in multiple untruths and distortions, along with a great deal of oversharing... and in the process of debunking the insanity, her identity was exposed. The thread had many hilarious turns... and many warnings from individuals saying Hey, this is going in a direction that could be unsafe for the user in question. And eventually the thread was nuked. None of the usual lock with explanation from mods... just nuked. Like this one was.

So that's my best guess. And if the mods nuked the thread in an effort to protect someone's identity, I say cheers to the mods. :drinker: Even the wildest, most disagreeable MFP users are still real people on the other end... even if they're not the people they say they are.

That is a very good reason.

Regarding Gifs using too much bandwidth. That is false. The images are hosted elsewhere and not on MFP's server, the only way images on a website take bandwidth is if they are an internal link to the same server of the site. Gifs can decrease page loud time, but not from the websites end, it is purely a user side issue with slow connection.

*over 10 years Web Design and Development.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lueoo0ILEZ1qcvefzo1_500.gif

Sorry was someone demanding cat gifs?

Who cares why it got shut down, geez. It's over. The thread was ridiculous and I think we all knew it would end eventually.

No matter how much advice was posted, OP found a way to say no. Then when we stopped paying attention to her and started doing awesome things like crock-pots and cats, she found a way to garner the attention back. That's all it was, a big giant attention grab by a sad person.

Cats were the best answer, clearly.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    And let's face it, most of us were naughty before so had bad habits! I am with you though, it is all about your habits and getting your body used to health eatin'.

Exactly. My biggest bad habit was constantly snacking. /Constantly/. That and I could never have enough Pepsi. I've straightened all that out though.

Coca cola for me. Full sugar loveliness.
    Sacrifice, retrain, rethink, redo!

I'm on that boat, even when I had a pre-diabetes warning I still could not stop drinking it.
    Now I feel stupid of how carelessness I have been.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Logging for me has not been difficult at all, but I am an extremely boring eater. I eat to live only, so I don’t die. I eat the wrong/fastest things ever, fattening stuff, and I like snacking. Since logging, I just have to call up pretty much the same thing day after day. I've been eating salads, really that is it, and the only thing that changes may be the veggies in it.

I just ate my salad with cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, lettuce of course, and some blue cheese dressing, with a can of 98% fat free chicken on the top for protein, easy peasy, and that's it. I have zero imagination and again I eat to not die, so really anything will do.

If I could never eat again and not die and/or be HUNGRY, I'd do it.

I've always wanted to be like one of those jerks who don't really even like food :(

I love food. I use it for comfort, for happiness, for social so on...

tumblr_m22eocSYLE1rn95k2o2_500_zps688aca18.gif
    tumblr_m22eocSYLE1rn95k2o1_500_zpsd1238d43.gif

I can never give up food...

For me, my worst eating is when I just have to have something in my mouth, don't matter what, not cause I am hungry or anything, but the sensation of biting down into something, chewing, candy suckers, snacks, anything. I don’t know what that means though. I don’t think I am an emotional eater, or a happy eater, just a bad eater.

Comfort eater.
    Besides, working at a call center kinda ups my anxiety issues, and since I hate being dozed off with meds I have gone to food.

Hate being weak to simple things like those.
  • dekadai
    dekadai Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    once you start, you'll get used to it and you'll end up doing it automatically.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    My problem is sugar. Sweets are like my heroin. People on here always blow it off as "just get some willpower"....

With everything else i have an iron will, but you stick a bag of jelly beans/gummybears/chocolate bar/box of Dots in front of me and it's gone. I MIGHT be able to hold out for a few hours, but it's going down...
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out when I can make monkey bread. It's just me and my BF, so that recipe is too much food for just us. We'll have a friend of his staying with us for a bit, but he'll be gone on weekends. Maybe i'll bring it to my mother's house. She'd love it.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    That's what i do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake... but if i bake I eat and I live alone. Now I take it to work the next day and put it on the counter for customers (and my coworkers)... or I take it to church and leave it on the counter there.

It lets me bake and eat a controlled amount and get rid of the rest!
  • AllieMarie2244
    AllieMarie2244 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    That's what i do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake... but if i bake I eat and I live alone. Now I take it to work the next day and put it on the counter for customers (and my coworkers)... or I take it to church and leave it on the counter there.

It lets me bake and eat a controlled amount and get rid of the rest!

I LOVE baking cupcakes
    but if I do then i will be home with them all night lol
    I could bake 24 cupcakes and show up to work with like... 18-20 and be like oh... some were messed up
    yeah... thats it... lol
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    I HAVE been known to put stuff in my car after baking it. That way if I'd have to put on pants possibly a bra to walk across the parking lot to get to it. That's a decent deterrent for me.

I forgot to mention my downstairs neighbors. They are an elderly couple and my guinea pigs. Whenever I experiment in the kitchen I take some down to them and she leaves me a note (sometimes brutally honest) about how she did or did not like it.

I have a artisan bread loaf I like to make but it's HUGE and it doesn't come out quite the same when I halve the recipe so they always get the other half. Last time I dropped it off she told me that when she smells me baking bread she always starts a pot of soup, stew, or spaghetti to eat with their half. They are adorable.
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out when I can make monkey bread. It's just me and my BF, so that recipe is too much food for just us. We'll have a friend of his staying with us for a bit, but he'll be gone on weekends. Maybe i'll bring it to my mother's house. She'd love it.

I think I will do mine when there's a friend/family get together...it is that or taking it into work and being called a feeder...
  • Menecairiel
    Menecairiel Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I HAVE been known to put stuff in my car after baking it. That way if I'd have to put on pants possibly a bra to walk across the parking lot to get to it. That's a decent deterrent for me.

I forgot to mention my downstairs neighbors. They are an elderly couple and my guinea pigs. Whenever I experiment in the kitchen I take some down to them and she leaves me a note (sometimes brutally honest) about how she did or did not like it.

I have a artisan bread loaf I like to make but it's HUGE and it doesn't come out quite the same when I halve the recipe so they always get the other half. Last time I dropped it off she told me that when she smells me baking bread she always starts a pot of soup, stew, or spaghetti to eat with their half. They are adorable.

I think you should be made a Saint! That is so adorable...and kind hearted of you! I usually have work to give my baking leftovers to, but I have stopped baking for a bit because it is so...bad.

I am making some peanut butter cookies for the next get together with my friends. Might let myself have one...
  • sk8trchk
    sk8trchk Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I saw where you can make the monkey bread in muffin pans and have little individual servings. May be worth a try.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

I saw where you can make the monkey bread in muffin pans and have little individual servings. May be worth a try.

Speaking of that... I love making meatloaf "muffins". Tiny little meatloaves excite me.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My downfall is carb.....I am the queen of the carbs, baby! LOL

I still am, but it's not as bad as it used to be, so that's improvement, right!!! LOL

I mean, going back to certain excuses that certain people might make.....if you keep eating bad stuff because you 'want' something or you're 'not willing to give something up', well, then you're not going to lose weight. That's just the human body for you.

I mean...

I 'want' to eat takeaway or restaurant pizza for my dinner....do I? No. Why? Because I'd stay the same weight or put on weight. What do I do instead? Make a pitta pizza, or pizza toast.

I 'want' to eat Ben & Jerry's Ice cream when it's hot.....do I? No. Why? Because I know I can't just have one scoop and would end up eating more, and then I'd stay the same weight or put on weight. What do I do instead? Eat a smaller, lighter individual ice cream that is a) less fat/cals and b) a contained and controlled portion by being a stick or cone.

I 'want' to eat cheese....do I? No. Why? Because even a modest chunk of cheese is calrorific, and if I ate as much as I wanted, I would stay the same or put on weight. What do I do instead? Have a teaspoon of dried italian cheese on pasta or I have low fat soft cheese in my sandwich.

I 'want' to use olive oil in and on food....do I? No. Why? Because even a teaspoon of oil is a lot of calories for something that doesn't work to fill me up for the day. What do I do instead? Use spray oil or steam/bake/griddle where I can.

You have to decide if the things you 'want' or you're 'not willing to give up' are more important than losing weight.

If they are more important, fine, that's a personal choice, but then don't complain you can't lose weight.

If losing weight is more important, then you either moderate them drastically or cut them out.

(It feels so good to be able to say all that in good conscience after a long time losing weight and having come from a time when I would think about food and eating all the time....... :drinker: )
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    5kMqH.gif
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    1238512309_freaky_cat.gif
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My downfall is carb.....I am the queen of the carbs, baby! LOL

I still am, but it's not as bad as it used to be, so that's improvement, right!!! LOL

I mean, going back to certain excuses that certain people might make.....if you keep eating bad stuff because you 'want' something or you're 'not willing to give something up', well, then you're not going to lose weight. That's just the human body for you.

I mean...

I 'want' to eat takeaway or restaurant pizza for my dinner....do I? No. Why? Because I'd stay the same weight or put on weight. What do I do instead? Make a pitta pizza, or pizza toast.

I 'want' to eat Ben & Jerry's Ice cream when it's hot.....do I? No. Why? Because I know I can't just have one scoop and would end up eating more, and then I'd stay the same weight or put on weight. What do I do instead? Eat a smaller, lighter individual ice cream that is a) less fat/cals and b) a contained and controlled portion by being a stick or cone.

I 'want' to eat cheese....do I? No. Why? Because even a modest chunk of cheese is calrorific, and if I ate as much as I wanted, I would stay the same or put on weight. What do I do instead? Have a teaspoon of dried italian cheese on pasta or I have low fat soft cheese in my sandwich.

I 'want' to use olive oil in and on food....do I? No. Why? Because even a teaspoon of oil is a lot of calories for something that doesn't work to fill me up for the day. What do I do instead? Use spray oil or steam/bake/griddle where I can.

You have to decide if the things you 'want' or you're 'not willing to give up' are more important than losing weight.

If they are more important, fine, that's a personal choice, but then don't complain you can't lose weight.

If losing weight is more important, then you either moderate them drastically or cut them out.

(It feels so good to be able to say all that in good conscience after a long time losing weight and having come from a time when I would think about food and eating all the time....... :drinker: )

Bravo You!!! I'm still learning and these are great tips. Thank you.
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    Options

Speaking of that... I love making meatloaf "muffins". Tiny little meatloaves excite me.

meatloaf_zps6ca89692.gif

?