Accents: Which make you melt and which drive you mad?

Replies

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    German, my partner is German and I've always loved the accent.
    Annnnnd Canadian..... Purely born from my love of real Hockey.
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Really do not like Boston accents.

Oddly enough (?) a German accent melts me!
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Canadians totally don't even have an accent. Except the Newfies.

Love-Newfies!
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    I love Jamaican and Irish accents, British Cockney drives me mad..
  • hellsbells3272
    hellsbells3272 Posts: 128 Member
    I love Geordie the most. Followed by Irish (not northern irish though).
    I don't like Brummie (sorry guys).
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Canadians totally don't even have an accent. Except the Newfies.

Love-Newfies!

Oh, yes they do. Newfoundland is just more pronounced. Variation in Canadian accents just as with everywhere else.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    make me melt: jersey, italian, argentinian, spain, french

drive me mad: same accents above on women...b/c then it's that same hot guy's mom or wife or ex-wife or GF caulkblocking.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Love Spanish (as in European Spanish), Portuguese, and Scottish. And Indian. And Korean, even.

Southern American accents mostly annoy me. Being American they don't hold any fascination at all to me, so, be offended if you must. Just my ears. Also annoyed by Swedish and Norwegian accents, oddly enough.

That whole Valley Girl vocal fry thing like the Kardashians do...makes me want to dig my ears out with screwdrivers.

really? makes me want to do the same but to their ears not mine. it's more of an affectation. i live very close to them and notice that occasionally women around here will do it but it's like they fall in and out of it, which makes it like 1,000,000 times more annoying b/c then you are aware they actually have control over it. Totes not cute. At all. Totes ridic!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    South African accent is pretty nice.
  • catcow888
    catcow888 Posts: 37
    Can't believe there are so many people that like australian accents, yuck! I live in australia and they sound horrible. :/

I like irish accents. :3
  • MyChocolateDiet
    oh yeah forgot I like boston and new york accents a lot too.

joey-how-you-doing.gif
  • enjoythesound
    enjoythesound Posts: 89 Member
    I like the English accent.
    I like when British people try to speak French even more!
    And I hate hearing French people speaking English haha (and yes I have that very strong French accent myself XD)
    Also paki/indian accents are getting easily on my nerves (don't know why though)
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Friends husband is Australian and Spanish. Not only got the looks that accent is like gold. No wonder she fell for him in only a week.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Friends husband is Australian and Spanish. Not only got the looks that accent is like gold. No wonder she fell for him in only a week.
    Them aussies will getcha lol
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Im Irish,

Please form a line :-)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Im Irish,

Please form a line :-)

yes and way over there on the far wall away from me.

leave this space open for the men with the sexy accents to line up for me. thanks.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    english, definitely english :blushing:

Honestly, there is no such thing as an English accent, it's like saying an American accent, there are so many variations and even the words people say in our tiny country are not understood by all :flowerforyou:

This is so true! There are over 50 accents in the UK but most of the world seem to think that everyone sounds like a news reader >.<

I love Glaswegian, Russian and the New Orleans drawl for men. South African and Belfast Irish in women.

Really dislike Brummie and Scouse English, most of the rest of US accents (especially the New Yorker one), and Australian.

(I'm Glaswegian but with a Northumberland Geordie accent)
  • haha thankgod people actually think aussie accents are hot, i always thought we all sounded like complete idiots

but spanish, irish, italian and english accents are one of the most attractive things ever :love: :love: :love:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
    I love a Dublin accent or a terribly posh home counties English accent on a woman. Also quite like the welsh accent.
    There aren't many accents that annoy me.
    I'm from Belfast, so obviously my own and the proper full on Cockney accent winds me right up.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,531 Member
    Keanu Reeves in Dracula
    Brad Pitt in The Devils Own
    Tom Cruise in Far and Away
    Any Irish accent in Sons of Anarchy.

These are accents that annoy me.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Melt- Boston, Southern Drawl, Australian

Mad- French
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Scottish and Irish
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    @Myhaloslipped, SAME for Boston and Southern Drawl, but I have to add British and Scottish. Accents that annoy me are German (maybe because that's what I am!) and Indian.
  • Nazy1343
    Nazy1343 Posts: 54 Member
    The other day I was struggling with my luggage and suddenly this angelic man (who was mighty handsome) came running towards offering help with a sexy french accent. I melted and nearly asked him to marry me!

Least favorite: Portuguese spoken in Brazil. To me it sounded like a nation with blocked noses ...sorry :(
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    @Myhaloslipped, SAME for Boston and Southern Drawl, but I have to add British and Scottish. Accents that annoy me are German (maybe because that's what I am!) and Indian.

Lol, I know what you mean. German accents often make me feel like the person speaking is angry with me. I am pretty accustomed to the Indian accent because my best friend growing up was half Indian. I got so used to being around her mother and just learned to understand what she was saying after a while.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Love American, Spanish/Portuguese and Irish accents oh and the Swedish accent mmmm
    Don't Like German
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Can't stand geordie and scouser accents.. but love a scottish accent (of course) and spanish
  • Nazy1343
    Nazy1343 Posts: 54 Member
    Love American, Spanish/Portuguese and Irish accents oh and the Swedish accent mmmm
    Don't Like German

Why Swedish? My best friend is Swedish and her accent sometimes sounds like a lot of yodeling to me lol
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    The only accent that makes my skin turn is the Welch accent. No idea why, it just makes me want to throttle the person using it lol