Accents: Which make you melt and which drive you mad?

Options

Replies

• robnfc
    robnfc Posts: 17
    Options
    Cheryl Cole is a geordie mate
  • gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cheers bud. Well, Geordie for me then. lol
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Irish accent I love .... scouser accent not so keen but got use to it see in as my sister in law is from Liverpool
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Cajun - little bit of every accent in it
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    English Accent :love:
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For all the people digging the British accent....you clearly havnt been to Yorkshire LOL.

Me...I like a german accent....not sure why.

Some American accents grate on me, but I dont no which part they come from.

Hahaha, was just about to jump on that comment and say "Oyyyyy, what is wrong with the Yorkshrie accent"..... but then realised you are from Hull LOL. I'm from Leeds, I apparently have quite a broad Yorkshire accent. My hubby who is from Manchester sounded like Liam Gallagher when we first met lol. But I don't hear any accent at all now with him.

Haha yeh I have lived in Hull for 7 years, but I am originally from Nottingham. I am well used to Yorkshire accents now, and I am pretty sure I have adopted some of the phrases. "going ta pub"
  • Tubtui
    Tubtui Posts: 53
    Options
    Saxon (Sächsisch) is absolutely hilarious. I love hearing it!

"Was? Lös! Was habsch dir gsocht? Du sölst um zwölfe zehause sein!"

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8055096/du_sollst_um_zwoelfe_daheeme_sein

For German speakers it's hilarious, but it doesn't necessarily make me melt.... it makes me laugh out loud because it sounds ridiculously dense. :tongue:

I like Scottish and Irish accents. I had an Irish teacher once and we always made him say 33 ("dirty tree").
    Can't stand the Liverpool accent... mainly because I don't understand a word they are saying.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    For all the people digging the British accent....you clearly havnt been to Yorkshire LOL.

Me...I like a german accent....not sure why.

Some American accents grate on me, but I dont no which part they come from.

Hahaha, was just about to jump on that comment and say "Oyyyyy, what is wrong with the Yorkshrie accent"..... but then realised you are from Hull LOL. I'm from Leeds, I apparently have quite a broad Yorkshire accent. My hubby who is from Manchester sounded like Liam Gallagher when we first met lol. But I don't hear any accent at all now with him.

I'm from Oldham where any word with n o is extended like noooooo, common. Major it of English people in films have the stereotyped posh London accent ...... Sean bean makes northern accent seexy :p

Haha yeh I have lived in Hull for 7 years, but I am originally from Nottingham. I am well used to Yorkshire accents now, and I am pretty sure I have adopted some of the phrases. "going ta pub"
  • Dreamerryu27
    Dreamerryu27 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Australian and British
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I love any accent that isn't like mine, except for a hard New York accent.
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just love the French accent
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im Irish

I love the Scottish accent

French accen tis very annoying
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Melt= Irish, Scottish, some English.
    Mad=Southern, but usually only if it's really thick.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Spanish men...rolling that tongue with certain letters, and speaking in Spanish...ohhhhhh boy:love:
  • kylamaries
    kylamaries Posts: 291
    Options
    Scottish (no matter the region) accents get me every stinking time, however I used to love English accents and now I can't stand them! I guess English have a choppy way of speaking and it makes my head hurt after awhile :flowerforyou:

Edited for clarification (thank you to the person who pointed it out!)
  • HappyHungryHealthy
    HappyHungryHealthy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welsh accent is awesome.

I'd have to disagree! The Welsh accent makes me cringe! Well, the South Wales accent anyway, especially when I hear my own voice! :p North Wales is just creepy and haunting, to listen to lol. I like southern American accents, their pretty darn cool.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Scottish (no matter the region) accents get me every stinking time, however I used to love British accents and now I can't stand them! I guess Brits have a choppy way of speaking and it makes my head hurt after awhile :flowerforyou:

Scotland is one of the countries in Britain.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Two melt me: South Carolina southern and English spoken with a Spanish accent.
    Two drive me mad: Midwest twang and Alabama southern
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    British and Scottish melt me!! Australian ones as well. I swoon just thinking about them
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Irish. I told my mom I'm not allowed to go over to Ireland, I will never come back. And as I have my dual citizenship over there, I don't have to. :)

Lazy southern accents drive me crazy.