Accents: Which make you melt and which drive you mad?

Options

Replies

• BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Keanu Reeves in Dracula
    Brad Pitt in The Devils Own
    Tom Cruise in Far and Away
    Any Irish accent in Sons of Anarchy.

These are accents that annoy me.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Melt- Boston, Southern Drawl, Australian

Mad- French
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Scottish and Irish
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    @Myhaloslipped, SAME for Boston and Southern Drawl, but I have to add British and Scottish. Accents that annoy me are German (maybe because that's what I am!) and Indian.
  • Nazy1343
    Nazy1343 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The other day I was struggling with my luggage and suddenly this angelic man (who was mighty handsome) came running towards offering help with a sexy french accent. I melted and nearly asked him to marry me!

Least favorite: Portuguese spoken in Brazil. To me it sounded like a nation with blocked noses ...sorry :(
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    @Myhaloslipped, SAME for Boston and Southern Drawl, but I have to add British and Scottish. Accents that annoy me are German (maybe because that's what I am!) and Indian.

Lol, I know what you mean. German accents often make me feel like the person speaking is angry with me. I am pretty accustomed to the Indian accent because my best friend growing up was half Indian. I got so used to being around her mother and just learned to understand what she was saying after a while.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Love American, Spanish/Portuguese and Irish accents oh and the Swedish accent mmmm
    Don't Like German
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Can't stand geordie and scouser accents.. but love a scottish accent (of course) and spanish
  • Nazy1343
    Options
    Love American, Spanish/Portuguese and Irish accents oh and the Swedish accent mmmm
    Don't Like German

Why Swedish? My best friend is Swedish and her accent sometimes sounds like a lot of yodeling to me lol
  • benjib84
    benjib84 Posts: 125
    Options
    The only accent that makes my skin turn is the Welch accent. No idea why, it just makes me want to throttle the person using it lol
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    Don't Like German

Why Swedish? My best friend is Swedish and her accent sometimes sounds like a lot of yodelling to me lol
    dunno tbh just like it had a Swedish flat mate at uni and her voice along with her looks always made me melt lol. but i also get the yodelling reference, maybe if she wasn't so hot i might have not liked it lol
  • Nazy1343
    Options
    Don't Like German

Why Swedish? My best friend is Swedish and her accent sometimes sounds like a lot of yodelling to me lol
    dunno tbh just like it had a Swedish flat mate at uni and her voice along with her looks always made me melt lol. but i also get the yodelling reference, maybe if she wasn't so hot i might have not liked it lol

haha now i get it ;)
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Im Irish,

Please form a line :-)

I'm first in line : )
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Melt: Australian, Italian, Spanish and the southern USA accent when they call me ma'am :)
    Mad: None drive me mad, but i'm not a fan of German, Irish or Scottish. Sorry :(
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Love southern belle. Can't stand Boston.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Irish, Australian, Scottish, and Italian make me melt

There are not really any that drive me mad
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Any female that talks to me is great

HaHa Nice to know your not picky!! :laugh:
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Im Irish,

Please form a line :-)

You can talk to me antime CB :flowerforyou:
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Melt for Italian and Spanish accents

Don't really dislike any.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Crazy, I have never really heard that people love the New Zealand accent until recently, even when I went to America lol. People thought I was from England weirdly.

I love any UK accent, any American accent except Boston and New Jersey, Californian is good but not remarkable, but still good as long as you aren't a Valley girl hehe.

I really dislike Aussie accents yes they are different to ours, some of them, the twangy ones like Crocodile Dundee ewww
    I love Norwegian accents,so cute!
    French, German, Austrian, Danish, Jamaican, Samoan...there are quite a few I love.