Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• kelso830
    kelso830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started T25 today, looking forward to working my way through this program!
  • mmjcobra
    mmjcobra Posts: 1
    Options
    I also just started T25 today with the wifey. Man it was pretty tough and I've been walking and jogging quite a bit. I'm really looking forward to this plan and getting in better shape.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm on my last week of Beta, portion after Alpha. It'll get easier, promise!!
  • ruvic24
    ruvic24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me today - did alpha cardio, most of the time I followed the modified version - for beginners like me.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Day 1 for me today - did alpha cardio, most of the time I followed the modified version - for beginners like me.

The modifier is still there in Beta, and believe me I still use her! Just take it day by day and do what you can!!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Planning to start T25 tonight.. I am REALLY bad with sticking with videos (I can't even do the full 30 days of the shred!) so I'm hoping I can somehow stick to this 10 week program.... here's to hoping! Do you need any equipment for it? Any beginner advice would be great :)
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Planning to start T25 tonight.. I am REALLY bad with sticking with videos (I can't even do the full 30 days of the shred!) so I'm hoping I can somehow stick to this 10 week program.... here's to hoping! Do you need any equipment for it? Any beginner advice would be great :)

The Alpha phase all you really need is a Yoga Mat for the Ab Interval video and a good amount of space because some of the exercises have lateral movement. Alpha is very heavy on the lower body and core and very little on the upper body. The Beta Phase you'd be best to invest in a couple sets of dumbells as I find using the band is just to cumbersome and takes to much time to transition from activity to activity. Beta is more balanced and incorporates more upper body. Gamma is very heavy upper body. The worst part about T25 is the first week just getting over the initial lower body soreness. After that it's a breeze and the 25 mins goes by very fast. The double Fridays can be a challenge but if you prefer you can do the second video on Sat and rest and stretch on Sundays.
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options

The Alpha phase all you really need is a Yoga Mat for the Ab Interval video and a good amount of space because some of the exercises have lateral movement. Alpha is very heavy on the lower body and core and very little on the upper body. The Beta Phase you'd be best to invest in a couple sets of dumbells as I find using the band is just to cumbersome and takes to much time to transition from activity to activity. Beta is more balanced and incorporates more upper body. Gamma is very heavy upper body. The worst part about T25 is the first week just getting over the initial lower body soreness. After that it's a breeze and the 25 mins goes by very fast. The double Fridays can be a challenge but if you prefer you can do the second video on Sat and rest and stretch on Sundays.

Im on week 5 alpha- I dont get muscle soreness- its odd, im a genetic freak tho, and I have run for years so perhaps my lower body just isnt taxed by the movements, I love T25- I wake up and see mr focus at 515 each workday morning!
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week Two!! I think this could be my favorite workout! Looking for others doing T25 to add to my list for motivation and such!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm in the midst of week 4 of alpha phase! I love this workout for of course the length, and the intensity of calories burned during that time! I didn't have a tape measure at the beginning of the phase, but I did take measurements yesterday and will track them through the rest of the phase and into Beta!

Feel free to friend me - I love hearing success stories about the program and offering support and motivation to everyone!
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Yay ... welcome newbies! The general consensus is we all LOVE T25. The 25 minutes definitely flies by. Most days I would come home before and dread working out...now I know it's over before I know it! I agree that the general soreness comes in that first week and once that's gone it's much easier. Just do what your body can handle and modify as you need. Stick with it...it's so worth it!!!
  • sbicica
    sbicica Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just finished Speed 1.0... SO.MUCH.JUMPING! But I was dripping in sweat which felt great and the 25 minutes really did FLY by. I always did Jillian Michaels videos and they always seemed so repetitive and would drag. This is great so far!! Worried about Total Body Circuit tomorrow, I've heard that's the hardest.. oh no.. haha
  • infinikitty
    Options
    Just finished Speed 1.0... SO.MUCH.JUMPING! But I was dripping in sweat which felt great and the 25 minutes really did FLY by. I always did Jillian Michaels videos and they always seemed so repetitive and would drag. This is great so far!! Worried about Total Body Circuit tomorrow, I've heard that's the hardest.. oh no.. haha

It is definitely the most hardcore of the Alpha workouts, but again, just follow Tonia until you get the hang of things. The biggest thing is just to KEEP MOVING! Even if you have to jog in place...keep the heartrate up!
  • cynthiapapa92
    Options
    hey its a bit hard but does make alot of difference u will see it from the first week results
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    It was lower focus today... my legs were shaking like no other, but I know I'm getting stronger!
  • sjs227
    sjs227 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Beta next week (or at least attempting to start) so what size dumbbells should I have on hand? I have a pair of 5 lb, a 1 lb and a 2 lb (singles, my daughter uses them - she's 7).
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • Kade6685
    Kade6685 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

my should be sitting at my doorstep when i get home today!! so hopefully starting tomorrow! :)
  • katwinfree
    katwinfree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 4 of Alpha and I love it. I haven't measured since I started but am seeing changes. I am a runner so working the legs has been good for that. Keep with it and you will see how great it is!! Feel free to friend me also!
  • Sam_Tastic_1
    Sam_Tastic_1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of Beta round and I absolutely love it! I haven't seen a lot of weight loss but I am noticing that I can do the exercises easier.