Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• Tito3697
    Tito3697 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am in week 2 of Gamma!

I start gamma in two weeks. How do you like it? That speed 3.0 looks like a killer.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5 of Alpha - Can't wait to start beta next week, I heard it's much more fun :wink:

My first day of Beta was yesterday. Had Core Cardio. Honestly... I felt it was easier then Alpha Cardio. Was way less abuse on the calfs and lower legs. Was more well rounded. I didn't struggle nearly as much as I thought I was going. Speed 2.0 tonight for the first time. Should be interesting.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5 of Alpha - Can't wait to start beta next week, I heard it's much more fun :wink:

My first day of Beta was yesterday. Had Core Cardio. Honestly... I felt it was easier then Alpha Cardio. Was way less abuse on the calfs and lower legs. Was more well rounded. I didn't struggle nearly as much as I thought I was going. Speed 2.0 tonight for the first time. Should be interesting.
    I thought that Beta was supposed to be harder then alpha, but then everyone i talk to say it's easier . Do you burn/ sweat as much though?
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am in week 2 of Gamma!

I start gamma in two weeks. How do you like it? That speed 3.0 looks like a killer.

I'm also doing Gamma.. in week 3 now. Speed 3.0 IS A KILLER! My first day of my first week, I was really worried. Typically the speed workouts were the easier ones for me, so I was worried for the other workouts!

I find that all of the workouts are challenging, but for me, the weight-based ones (really all except speed 3.0) are easier for me to get through. I've definitely been improving across the board at all of the workouts, though. I definitely don't think jumping into Gamma as a beginner/someone who doesn't generally work out would be a good idea. After completing Alpha + Beta, I felt as ready as I'd ever be for Gamma :)
  • eganita
    Options

I thought that Beta was supposed to be harder then alpha, but then everyone i talk to say it's easier . Do you burn/ sweat as much though?

I guess it depends on what you like. I find workouts using dumbbells easier to get through. The more plank/burpee/push-up-based workouts are harder for me. So for me, some Beta workouts were easier compared to Alpha.. though part of this was due to the fact I had gotten in better shape from Alpha. Beta was definitely a nice change-up from Beta, IMO.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options

I guess it depends on what you like. I find workouts using dumbbells easier to get through. The more plank/burpee/push-up-based workouts are harder for me. So for me, some Beta workouts were easier compared to Alpha.. though part of this was due to the fact I had gotten in better shape from Alpha. Beta was definitely a nice change-up from Beta, IMO.

Ooh, I'm really looking forward to Beta now, then...I feel like my arms have been getting neglected with not using weights/bands. I've been adding some strength training in from time to time. I hate burpees, plank, and push-ups, too...suffer through them, blech.
  • gerla_k
    Options
    I have 5lb and 8lbs free weights, is it ok ? do i need to buy heavier ones for Beta? any suggestions ?
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Speed 2.0 was definitely intense. Unlike the Alpha version there is no stretch breaks. It's round based and repeats the movements over. I sweat like a pig doing it. I guess it depends. To me the alpha workouts were grueling because they focused so much on my lower legs and squats which after a while becomes very painful. The Beta workouts from what I have seen incorporate more upper body (planks, bands, pushups). I guess I prefer the abuse be spread out over my body rather then lower body every night like Alpha was.
  • inspiration18
    Options
    Doing this as well and LOVE it!
  • keepmovinstrong
    keepmovinstrong Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it I just started officially yesterday I did 2 workouts last week because I got it in the middle of the week I decided to start offically yesterday so I could start on a monday. I need motivation as well. I just started back on myfitnesspal recently so it's like I'm just starting. My biggest problem is I eat emotionally. Once I get started I exercise fine but the eating thing is my biggest issue. Got to get in my exercise before to long . Hope to hear from you soon.
  • Tito3697
    Tito3697 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have 5lb and 8lbs free weights, is it ok ? do i need to buy heavier ones for Beta? any suggestions ?

I use 12lbs free weights, thats what Scott uses lol. I think youre okay imo. Im thinking about purchasing 15lbs ones for gamma though.
  • eganita
    Options

I use 12lbs free weights, thats what Scott uses lol. I think youre okay imo. Im thinking about purchasing 15lbs ones for gamma though.

Replying to both...

I am female and small-ish (5'3", ~130 lbs). I only have 5 lb and 10 lb weights. For Beta in general, I was able to use the 10 lb weights for most exercises (though it was pushing it a little bit for some workouts). If I got too tired with the 10s, I finished out with the 5s. Anyway, I'd say you'd be ok with the 5 + 8 lb weights. You could always see how it goes the 1st week and consider buying alternate weights at that point if needed.

In Gamma, I've been using a combination as well... but I will say sometimes you do a WHOLE BUNCH of the same exercise in a row (especially with some workouts like The Pyramid). So, my 5 lb weights have come in handy there (I even start feeling quite fatigued using the 5 lb weights for some things...) :) There are also some exercises where you're supposed to use REALLY light weights (superman with pulse, superman lat pull downs, etc). I think the people in the DVD may be using 2.5 lbs. I just don't use anything for those, since I don't have that size weights... and those darn superman things are hard enough for me as it is :)

ETA: It appears the women in Beta/Gamma use 5 or 8 lb weights.. hard to tell in some cases (I'm just reading the #s off of their dumbbells!) It appears the men use 12 (Scott) and 15 (Shaun). The one guy uses the bands.
  • eganita
    Options

Ooh, I'm really looking forward to Beta now, then...I feel like my arms have been getting neglected with not using weights/bands. I've been adding some strength training in from time to time. I hate burpees, plank, and push-ups, too...suffer through them, blech.

I understand completely and felt the same way!! That was one of my least favorite parts of Insanity.. not too much focus on upper-body strength there either (though it never claimed to have that as part of the workout, so I can't be too mad about it :) ).
  • jajsmom
    jajsmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just started two days ago. Supposed to do day 3 today but my hernia came back/then left so not sure.
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 with T25 , feel free to add me for support if you want
  • ldocampo
    ldocampo Posts: 34
    Options
    Ok so I did it, I ordered the DVDs last night from ebay and I'm ready to make some changes!
  • trlynn68
    trlynn68 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok so I did it, I ordered the DVDs last night from ebay and I'm ready to make some changes!

Good for you! I'm so glad I started it - I'm on day 3 of week 2 and am loving it! Who doesn't have 25 minutes a day? It's a great program!
  • ldocampo
    ldocampo Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Do you do other exercise outside of the program? I love to run, not sure if I'll be too tired to do it after the T25 though
  • gerla_k
    Options

Replying to both...

I am female and small-ish (5'3", ~130 lbs). I only have 5 lb and 10 lb weights. For Beta in general, I was able to use the 10 lb weights for most exercises (though it was pushing it a little bit for some workouts). If I got too tired with the 10s, I finished out with the 5s. Anyway, I'd say you'd be ok with the 5 + 8 lb weights. You could always see how it goes the 1st week and consider buying alternate weights at that point if needed.

In Gamma, I've been using a combination as well... but I will say sometimes you do a WHOLE BUNCH of the same exercise in a row (especially with some workouts like The Pyramid). So, my 5 lb weights have come in handy there (I even start feeling quite fatigued using the 5 lb weights for some things...) :) There are also some exercises where you're supposed to use REALLY light weights (superman with pulse, superman lat pull downs, etc). I think the people in the DVD may be using 2.5 lbs. I just don't use anything for those, since I don't have that size weights... and those darn superman things are hard enough for me as it is :)

ETA: It appears the women in Beta/Gamma use 5 or 8 lb weights.. hard to tell in some cases (I'm just reading the #s off of their dumbbells!) It appears the men use 12 (Scott) and 15 (Shaun). The one guy uses the bands.
    Thanks for your post , I do have 3lbs i think :))) So good, i can do supermens with those.
    Oh and I hate supermens too- urgh!!
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Do you do other exercise outside of the program? I love to run, not sure if I'll be too tired to do it after the T25 though

I run 3+ miles at least three days a week. I do my running right before I do the workouts and I've been okay. If I run on a day that I'm supposed to do the Total Body Circuit I swap it for the one the day after so I don't die haha. Usually the other ones don't bother me after running.