Focus T25 - Summer Slim Down!

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4- no weight loss yet .... My body looks slimmer but the scale is up... I know about water retention and all that, but 4 weeks in and no weight loss ? did this happen to any of you guys ?

I love the program, and i can see that endurance is much much better, i can do stuff that couldn't do the first few weeks. but the freaking scale isn't moving :huh:

I did Alpha and Beta and I'm on week two of Gamma. I can tell you that I "only" lost 9 lbs, but 13 inches, doing A/B so don't be discouraged. I haven't measured since I started Gamma but I'm down (I think) 5 lbs since last week. Hang in there.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting this myself and starting it, but although I see a lot of positive comments on it, is it really worth the money and do you have a workout partner to keep you motivated?

Totally worth it! The workouts are not horrible and it's over in 25 minutes! Plus you get Saturdays off and it's only an awesome Stretch workout on Sunday! It's on sale this month, too!

Did you say "Sale"?... I'm gonna check this out ASAP!... LOL

Also check eBay, I brought my Gamma for $35 including shipping and it was new in the wrapper, saved about $85.
  • Mpgirl78
    Mpgirl78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So, I'm checking all this out... (Sorry guys, I'm one of those 'pesky researchers before I spend the money' types and for the Gamma series that's a separate purchase, am I correct?
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway through week 3, I really like it but sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough exercise in the day. Not sure why I feel like that because it is really tough but I'm thinking about doubling up a couple times a week instead of just Fridays. I love Speed 1.0 and I actually really like Total Body Circuit even though it's crazy hard. I'm getting much better at all things Burpee related which is good considering I loathe Burpees.
    I've lost about 3.5 lbs in the 2 1/2 weeks since I started and a couple of inches. I'm happy with that so far and I'm really looking forward to Beta - I like that it's going to add in weights.
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    So, I'm checking all this out... (Sorry guys, I'm one of those 'pesky researchers before I spend the money' types and for the Gamma series that's a separate purchase, am I correct?

Yes
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4- no weight loss yet .... My body looks slimmer but the scale is up... I know about water retention and all that, but 4 weeks in and no weight loss ? did this happen to any of you guys ?

I love the program, and i can see that endurance is much much better, i can do stuff that couldn't do the first few weeks. but the freaking scale isn't moving :huh:

I did Alpha and Beta and I'm on week two of Gamma. I can tell you that I "only" lost 9 lbs, but 13 inches, doing A/B so don't be discouraged. I haven't measured since I started Gamma but I'm down (I think) 5 lbs since last week. Hang in there.
    I try not to get disouraged. but then i read somewhere that "Oh i lost 15lbs in couple of weeks of alpha". And me on the other hand- nothing. Although to be fair- people started complementing me that i look slimmer. So I guess something is working :drinker:
  • Mpgirl78
    Options
    I've been thinking of getting this myself and starting it, but although I see a lot of positive comments on it, is it really worth the money and do you have a workout partner to keep you motivated?

Totally worth it! The workouts are not horrible and it's over in 25 minutes! Plus you get Saturdays off and it's only an awesome Stretch workout on Sunday! It's on sale this month, too!

Also check eBay, I brought my Gamma for $35 including shipping and it was new in the wrapper, saved about $85.

Thanks! I didn't think of that!
  • kevingrant1
    kevingrant1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Just so you guys know. The ones you can get really cheap on ebay and craigslist are bootleg copies.
  • infinikitty
    infinikitty Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    All of these reviews have me itching to check this out! I may have to join you guys on the T25 train

Do it! Join us!!
  • infinikitty
    Options

Just so you guys know. The ones you can get really cheap on ebay and craigslist are bootleg copies.

Very true...and they don't come with the online support through, or Shakeology (which the challenge packs come with a 30-day supply) which is AMAZING, especially for those on the go and don't get enough fruits and veggies in their day.
  • ojosh089
    ojosh089 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm on week 2 of T25. I had finished 1 round from month 1 of Insanity and had great results. I will probably end up doing month 2 after Alpha of T25. Either way, they are both great workouts and I enjoy them so much. Anyone feel free to add. Stay strong and good luck on your journey and as Shaun T would say "USE YOUR CORE".
  • trlynn68
    trlynn68 Posts: 11
    Options
    Except for that total body circuit work out in the alpha round. Ugh!!

I dread that one. I'm on the final week of Alpha and I have to do it three times this week including tonight! The oblique knee pushups at the end are just plain evil!

Oh no.... you have to do it three times the final week of Alpha? I hadn't looked ahead... augh. Just did it today first time! Day 3 for me. And I admit, I found myself laying on the floor sometimes... :) It will get better, I'm sure.
  • FarTooJones
    Options
    Did the day 1 of cardio tonight to have a little headstart when i start it for real Monday. Holy cow, I spent more time trying to figure out how they are doing those moves that doing them, and I was still beat at the end. Hopefully it'll go a little better monday. Is doing it barefoot a bad idea? Between my shoes and the carpet, theres I can't slide my feet across the floor at all. I don't know that i have a shoe with a slicker tread so to speak.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

I dread that one. I'm on the final week of Alpha and I have to do it three times this week including tonight! The oblique knee pushups at the end are just plain evil!

Oh no.... you have to do it three times the final week of Alpha? I hadn't looked ahead... augh. Just did it today first time! Day 3 for me. And I admit, I found myself laying on the floor sometimes... :) It will get better, I'm sure.

Yea every time I do it I get better and better. But those oblique knee push ups at the end I usually have to go down to my knees for. I can't decide if I am excited to start Beta next week or scared...
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Did the day 1 of cardio tonight to have a little headstart when i start it for real Monday. Holy cow, I spent more time trying to figure out how they are doing those moves that doing them, and I was still beat at the end. Hopefully it'll go a little better monday. Is doing it barefoot a bad idea? Between my shoes and the carpet, theres I can't slide my feet across the floor at all. I don't know that i have a shoe with a slicker tread so to speak.

Yea that was another bonus of doing the zero week. Just getting used to the movements. The up and over knee lifts were perplexing to me the first time I saw Shaun do it. It was like trying to figure out how to moonwalk lol. I wouldn't recommend doing the video's barefoot. The Total Body Circuit and Speed 1.0 vids have burpies. I would be afraid to break a toe
  • trlynn68
    trlynn68 Posts: 11
    Options

Yea every time I do it I get better and better. But those oblique knee push ups at the end I usually have to go down to my knees for. I can't decide if I am excited to start Beta next week or scared...

I was on my knees for most of them since it was my first time. When I wasn't just laying on the floor... I'm hoping I soon no longer lay on the floor and do the whole thing.. :) HA
  • infinikitty
    Options
    It'll get better, promise! Once you learn the moves and can start focusing on your core and movements more, you'll feel better!!
  • Mpgirl78
    Options
    I'm super excited about this! I think that I'm going to go ahead and invest in it, within the next 2 weeks since I'm finishing up my seasonal employment next week... Tax time is almost done!... Yay!... Then I can really have a life and be able to focus on my nutrition and exercise goals.
  • infinikitty
    Options
    I'm super excited about this! I think that I'm going to go ahead and invest in it, within the next 2 weeks since I'm finishing up my seasonal employment next week... Tax time is almost done!... Yay!... Then I can really have a life and be able to focus on my nutrition and exercise goals.

You won't regret it! The 25 minutes are over before you know it! And the best part is, there's a 30-day money back guarantee on all their products so if you don't like it you can either exchange it for something that you think you'll like better or get a full refund!! Risk free :-)
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

Very true...and they don't come with the online support through, or Shakeology (which the challenge packs come with a 30-day supply) which is AMAZING, especially for those on the go and don't get enough fruits and veggies in their day.

My friend is a BB coach so if I wanted Shakeology I'd get it from her, but I don't like it. Also no need for the online support. My copy from ebay came with the DVDs and same type of calendar my T25 A/B came with. Everything about the wrapping and DVD labels looks exactly like the A/B I brought through my friend...and I saved $$