Accents: Which make you melt and which drive you mad?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Melt: All accents, but especially a good ol' southern boy accent, since I'm a southern belle and all

Drive me mad: Street language...that's not really an accent, but this is my dang answer, lol. (for example, let me check out your crib. My crib? I don't have a baby)
    Rant complete.

bfc960044367b9154658e1b18db5c09db6f3292fded3b2f66b4e7f10290fab39.jpg

^it's where the magic happens.
  • ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Japanese, German and British make me melt, Hindi drives me mad
  • ekmcdan
    ekmcdan Posts: 38
    Options
    Scottish, Welsh and Irish accents bring me to my knees.... it's an unfair advantage, really. :embarassed:
  • F1tnessCh1ck
    F1tnessCh1ck Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My man is from Bulgaria and when he speaks I melt... especially when he speaks in French - we are both bilingual - it's so proper, parisian, mine is French Canadian French, it's a lot different. He's so sexy :blushing:
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Love me a Spanish accent :love:
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I just want to stress how much I severely dislike Rhode Island accents.

Rhode Island accents combine the worst aspects of both Boston and New York...so you drive your "cahh" to the "mawl"

That said, my family is half from Boston and half from New York, so I have a soft spot for both, as they remind me of home.

I used to love a soft southern accent, but now that I live in the south I find many of them grating.

For me the worst is that flat midwestern Chicago-Wisconsin accent.

I could listen to Irish and Spanish accents all day and night.

Thank you! Everyone hates on Boston accents thinking we all sound like we're in the departed... jesus.

However, I totally agree on RI being NY and MA, I like to call it their uncool younger sibling. The accent, I mean.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My man is from Bulgaria and when he speaks I melt... especially when he speaks in French - we are both bilingual - it's so proper, parisian, mine is French Canadian French, it's a lot different. He's so sexy :blushing:

yes on bulgarians!
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    but as a fan of sociolinguistics I find them all fascinating.

do you prefer soda, coke, or pop?
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Friends husband is Australian and Spanish. Not only got the looks that accent is like gold. No wonder she fell for him in only a week.
    Them aussies will getcha lol
    True. He has that australian accent with the spanish drawl to it. OMG.
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    Female Glaswegian makes me melt.
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Love a Texas accent! Makes me go all funny
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    MAD- NORTH Jersey, Staten Island accents (Imagine any actor in the Sopranos) and Valley girl type (Like, ya know?)

LIKE- Just about every other one...

LOVE- English, Aussie, NZ, Southern US, Irish, Scottish and Spanish... yummmmm... :)
  • wolf39us
    wolf39us Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just want to stress how much I severely dislike Rhode Island accents.

Rhode Island accents combine the worst aspects of both Boston and New York...so you drive your "cahh" to the "mawl"

That said, my family is half from Boston and half from New York, so I have a soft spot for both, as they remind me of home.

I used to love a soft southern accent, but now that I live in the south I find many of them grating.

For me the worst is that flat midwestern Chicago-Wisconsin accent.

I could listen to Irish and Spanish accents all day and night.

Thank you! Everyone hates on Boston accents thinking we all sound like we're in the departed... jesus.

However, I totally agree on RI being NY and MA, I like to call it their uncool younger sibling. The accent, I mean.

I don't know too many Bostonians that sound like they came straight out of Departed either. If you hear me, you can definitely tell I'm from the North... but you won't be able to pin point :-)
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    Love the american accent... cos its just so damn sexy

Not a fan of the British accent lol
  • katmo80
    katmo80 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love Aussie & Irish!!!
  • tinamarie0604
    tinamarie0604 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Love a Spanish accent!
  • tinamarie0604
    tinamarie0604 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and Irish accents are awesome!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    dislikes; thick accents from Jersey-Boston, and that goofy accent by people in the northern Midwest.

I'm pretty cool with most other English speaking accents.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    chicks with british accents. yup.