Things That Irk You - From Mild To Severe

Replies

• Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    When someone of a different race purposefully bumps into me haard, going the other way on the street. Sorry if the isn't PC

c1461fe87468e79d0b91d6bf23234a4adbd511001a3eca5ffdcdcd65c671e2e1.jpg
  • Lxgogo
    Lxgogo Posts: 37 Member
    When I make a grammar or spelling error on internet forums, but am too lazy to fix it.

Nothing yet, still percolating.

Yea...me too. I get lazy sometimes. It's like I KNOW I made the grammar/spelling mistake, but just lose interest in trying to convince others that I'm actually intelligent. How's your cup of coffee? I bet "It are go good with pizza."
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    One of my bosses does this regularly... when pronouncing a word ending in I-N-G, really pronouncing that Guh sound at the end... there's no need to emphasize runnin-guh.

Makes me cringe everytime... but I suffer silently, as I do not wish to lose my job over something that irks me, but doesn't seem to bother others.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    1. Whining

2. Numbers

3. Lists
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    When someone of a different race purposefully bumps into me haard, going the other way on the street. Sorry if the isn't PC

Disclaimers and insincere apologies meant to soften the blow of offensive statements.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    plebs who think they are better than you because they have a bit of paper that says the went on a 1 day ****wit course

And i agree with mackenzie0705

and and people who drive really close to cyclist when they are passing. And yell...

and and and

FIFY
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    When the wine bottle goes empty.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Bad drivers (I am from MA so take that as you must)

people are always late, holy hell how hard is it the plan ahead and show up on time

2 faced people, mainly 1 co worker who goes through more mood swings then any woman I know

people who just refuse to learn new things
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

Racism.

QFT
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    When the wine bottle goes empty.
    In a similar situation....when the beer fridge is empty.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member

Ouch. So close minded for a zumba instructor -_-
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member

Disclaimers and insincere apologies meant to soften the blow of offensive statements.

true dat
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Askholes. People who continually seek your advice and do just the opposite every time.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Chewing with your mouth open *gags*
    When people try to talk to me in the middle of my workout.
    When people try to talk to me while I am at the store.
    When people try to talk to me at bars.
    When people try to talk to me.
  • Lxgogo
    Lxgogo Posts: 37 Member
    plebs who think they are better than you because they have a bit of paper that says the went on a 1 day ****wit course

And i agree with mackenzie0705

and and people who drive really close to cyclist when they passing.

and and and

People who use the term "plebs".
    What is a "pleb"?

Short for plebeian.

A pleb was a despised Roman social group I used it as a replacement for names like d**k, K**b etc.

People who make up definitions.

He's not making up the definition. In British slang, the word pleb is used in the way he's using it. It's kind of like how Americans use the word "dumb" to mean "stupid" rather than "incapable of speech" which is the word's original meaning.

Things that do not irk me: Learning new things on the internet.

Kind of ironic that plebeian actually means working class. heh

Anything more than 8 quotes
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member

Ouch. So close minded for a zumba instructor -_-

This made me lol, cause I was thinking it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Many things that irk me are a result of the same thing. Cell Phones.

..The jagoff in traffic that can't stay in his/her lane because they are on their cell phone.

..The arsehole that doesn't move from the light because they were looking down and texting. Then, when someone honks, they get throught the light, but no one else does.

..The dumb twatwaffle that keeps answering his/her cell phone in meetings instead of paying attention.

..The self-involved Barbie/Ken doll that has to take a selfie every 20 minutes so they can share their life on FB. Their not really enjoying themselves in the moment, just capturing moments for later.

..The "I gotta have the next generation of my cell phone" idiot who buys a new one every 4 to 6 months to be the coolest kid on the block.

..The friends that get "together" and then sit apart from each other and text each other instead of having real time together.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. If you don't, just send me your Cell Phone number and I'll send you a plssed off looking selfie to your cell phone.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    When people post the same information about themselves in various threads - sometimes it's relevant, sometimes it's not. Same information, over and over again. Paragraph upon paragraph.

Haha I see what you did here... :laugh:
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    I'm in a wheelchair and there are only 2 ADA restrooms in my building, neither one on my floor. So when I head my chair downstairs to the first floor (I'm on 4th) and there is someone already in there!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

:noway: :noway: :noway:
    racist1.gif