• NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    funny-kitten-scared-of-a-lizard.gif

I can't stop laughing. It hurts.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Well if you stumble across a stupid question and you're not willing to give a nice helping answer then don't answer it at all. There are other people who will help the new users. Meanness can make sensitive people leave this site and go on with their bad habits regarding eating/not exercising. So if you're not in to help in a nice way, move on to the spank/kiss threads.

There are some people who just give tough love. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Being nice isn't a requirement for being helpful and being nice isn't always helpful. Sometimes giving an answer that doesn't seem nice is more helpful than just being nice.

^this. And if directness or non-sugar coated answers make someone leave the site and go back to his/her bad habits, then he/she more than likely wouldn't have succeeded in keeping the weight off anyway.
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    2.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know really what exactly a "hate mail" is or how to do one, but here's a cat gif....or two.

When you do band together make sure it's to follow somebody up...

9f2ae439jw1e4ra5btl3ig20b408c4q3.gif

Not down.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSvfVib4g6lVOrrC2YDe5tVpSH7dQjIclk9VcDlCFHIsArpQPQVQ
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Well if you stumble across a stupid question and you're not willing to give a nice helping answer then don't answer it at all. There are other people who will help the new users. Meanness can make sensitive people leave this site and go on with their bad habits regarding eating/not exercising. So if you're not in to help in a nice way, move on to the spank/kiss threads.

I'm a nice person, but the reality of the world is harsh and allowing someone being mean to you in a public forum to be an excuse to continue on with bad habits is insane. If people allow that to give them an excuse to continue on with bad habits, then anything you say to them good or bad/ nice or mean will most likely allow an excuse to creep into their heads.

We all have to deal with nice people, jerks, crazy people, sweet people, buttholes, and even worse every day. This is life. Sometimes it sucks. People have to strip away the chaos in their head to eliminate all excuses...period.

oh and kitty:
    cat_jump_fail_zpsd61cdd1d.gif
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    241.gif.pagespeed.ce.jR6QFl8Q02.gif

actual bullying...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    I don't come in here looking for advice...........the forums are a waste of time.....too many experts on this site.
  • my_transformation2014
    Options
    cat-playing-guitar-gif.gif

How I see me and my friends when entering a thread about weightloss pills/1200 calories/nothing works

^^^ Made my day! :D
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    2.gif

My favorite gif ever!
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't see no bullies.....

GIF8_zpsc87a4bc3.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    2.gif

My favorite gif ever!

Ditto. and I never have the cojones to post it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Bullies!? Where??
    33mreau.jpg
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Well, sometimes questions seem stupid to others but it's something someone is curious about. I dunno. I think sometimes people really overestimate their expertise and forget that they actually aren't monitoring you every step of the way and that their knowledge isn't always helpful or correct. Weight loss is hugely relative and peoples bodies work in entirely different ways.
    You don't catch many trainers or dietitians being rude, sarcastic or abrupt in their answers because they know that isn't helpful to anyone. It's not motivating either.
    There's too much aggression and emotion though. People just need to take this site for what it is, a motivation and discussion forum for health and fitness. That's all... It's not that serious.
    I dunno, some people help and some people hinder.

Those people are getting paid. They are just as rude in their heads as the "MFP bullies" are. They just don't say it out loud because they want to continue to get paid.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't come in here looking for advice...........the forums are a waste of time.....too many experts on this site.

When-Creators-Insisted-WASNT-Gay-Version-Girls.gif

and

giphy.gif
  • Sweetout
    Sweetout Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm just here to post cat gifs...
    grey-russian-blue-cat-gif-humor-comedy-funny-lol.gif
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Ae29PsO.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Yeah, too much knowledge here.

That's the problem.

Mmm, hmmm.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    And since the topic is so nice, I will try to post my first celebratory image, well gif. Wish me luck!

tumblr_mc8ogelxgQ1qltb20o1_250_zps8e45f6a4.gif

I'm really disappointed that nothing came out. Great post, D! :drinker:

And here's my cat gif

i_regret_nothing-64069.gif