So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Options

Replies

• TeamCassieCass
    TeamCassieCass Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think you are right on!!
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    one more for ya OP

KgoIF.gif
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Strong post OP .... why do you care what someone chooses to weigh? Concern yourself with your own goals.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    -Laughing hysterically at Gracie's posts
    -Tries to go friend her
    -Not accepting friend requests ATM

resized_forever-alone-meme-generator-okay-then-ill-just-cry-myself-to-sleep-b49c91.jpg
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should totally care what other people are doing with their bodies, considering how it impacts you and all. It must be so hard having the weights of everyone on MFP on your shoulders, you poor dear.
  • peacelovehhs
    peacelovehhs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to judge someone else's goals, personally. I think goals like cutting your weight in HALF or more is substantial and is a great goal to have. I think what you're not realizing is that our goals are constantly changing. Just because that's someone's initial GW, doesn't mean that when they reach it they won't reassess and figure out they want to do more. Or maybe they're totally satisfied with it, that's for them to decide.

And what is a "REAL" moment of victory anyway? Can you really decide that for other people?

Thank you.
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'2" and started at over 300#. My so called "Healthy Weight" is 119# which I haven't seen since middle school (i'm in my 40's). My goal on paper right now is to get under 200# where I've not been in over 20 years. My ultimate goal is... I don't know and I won't know until I get there. There are people on here who have lost more than your heaviest weight AlyRuth94, and that's AMAZING! I've turned around my diabetes diagnosis, I've lowered my high blood pressure, I've walked more than I'm sure I have in years, and I feel better than I have in decades with just my 50# loss so far. I pray every night for the strength to keep on this path to health and presumed happiness. Until you have walked a mile in our shoes please don't judge us. I commend you for starting your weight loss journey at such a young age. I know that there are so many of us that were somewhere near your starting weight at your age and wish that we would have had the strength to stick to this journey then. I hope that you will do what we couldn't and head this weight monster off at the pass now so you aren't typing replies like this in 20 years as you struggle to win this battle again.

Good Luck with your goals! I, for one, am pulling for you!
    Jenn in AL :flowerforyou:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    See you next Tuesday! To all of your posts, in fact!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    BABY STEPS!

(when my journey initially began) when I was over 200, my goal was 199. Then it was 175. After I got there, it was 160. After that, I wanted 145.

My "ideal" weight says I should be 118, but I'm here to tell you, I'd be dead if I were 118. No way, no how, could I EVER be 118. At 135-137, I was a size 2, hips sticking out, and major collar bones... It was impossible to get to 118 without being anorexic.

Who are you to judge?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • HelloSweetie81
    HelloSweetie81 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents: I started at around 200. I set my initial GW as 150. That number seemed unfathomable to me, so I told myself that if I made it to 170, that was good, too. I'm now 1.5 lbs away from that initial GW, and I've lowered it a bit. But, if I decided to plant my happy *kitten* down right at my current weight, that would be none of your business. That is all.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Based on that logic, I think 125 for the OP is not ambitious enough. I know plenty of women aiming below 100.

Don't sell yourself short, OP - you can do it!

/ End Sarcasm.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Based on that logic, I think 125 for the OP is not ambitious enough. I know plenty of women aiming below 100.

Don't sell yourself short, OP - you can do it!

/ End Sarcasm.

She might as well do a VLCD and then start some heroin.
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said... but I'm going to throw my two cents in anyway. I think it's shameful to judge other people on their goals. You never know what that person has going on in their lives. Granted, I'm not one to support excuses, but at least these people are setting goals and (hopefully) making the effort to change their lives. My own goal technically leaves me overweight, but it's still 114 lbs lighter than my starting weight. It is incredibly daunting to see that number, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with breaking it up into smaller, achievable goals. As others have said, the beauty of a goal is that it is fluid. It can change and evolve and adapt.

If you feel the need to judge, at least do it in private and leave the "Motivation and Support" category to people who actually want to motivate and support others.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    george-takei_zps80a1a8dc.gif
  • fedup30
    Options

This!!

Here is a quote from the OP on another topic:

{TOPIC: Calories add up too fast ! Fri 05/30/14 02:35 PM
    Me and you are similar. I am eating the minimum at 1200/day, though sometimes it goes as low as 800. I do not see any negative side effects from eating only 800 calories in a day every once in a while so long as I am full. Most days I eat between 1000 and 1200 calories.

I have narrowed down my meals to two meals daily instead of three. It took my body getting used to, but I rarely feel hungry anymore. I eat a light brunch whenever I get hungry, typically around 10:30am to noon. My typical breakfast is either of these two:

-Eggs Benedict @ a mere 280 calories W/ 1 slice of bacon, 1 poached egg, 1/2 an english muffin, and 1/5th a package of hollandaise sauce. And it's REALLY filling.
    -Southern Breakfast @ 302 calories W/ 2 slices of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice toast. No butter on anything unless I can compensate later.

Dinner is typically somewhere around 6:30 in the afternoon, and after eating a light brunch, you don't have to eat like a bird for dinner so long as you didn't do a whole lot of snacking throughout the day. I found it really keeps my diet going to have at least 1 really filling meal every day, and with almost 900 calories left, you can eat a TON of stuff. Some of my dinners:

-Tonight's Chili @ 550 calories W/ 1 serving of chili, 1/8 cup of shredded cheese, 1 dollop of sour cream, and 1/2 a small package of lays potato chips.
    -Memorial Day's feast @ 758 calories W/ 1/4 rack of ribs, 3 tbsp of BBQ sauce, 1 slice garlic toast, 1 serving baked beans, and 1 clove broccoli
    -Spaghetti and Meatballs @ 609 calories W/ 1 1/4 cup of spaghetti and meatballs and 1 slice garlic toast

And notice none of those actually get to be 900 calories, so you still have room to snack AND have a really filling meal. So you don't burn through all those calories on something not filling. Stay away from BUTTER, OILS, and NUTS because all of those things will burn through your calories like nothing! Cheese can be pretty bad too if you don't watch it. Don't drink any liquid calories either.}

We are obviously dealing with the "Dieting Guru" here....:noway:
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You don't know how you'll look or feel at a given weight. It's easy for me to say I want to be 110lbs because it's not that far away and I've been there before in the last 5 years.

For me that's completely reasonable. For others, they may not have any context of what a lower weight will feel or look like and will want to reassess once they get closer.
  • fedup30
    Options
    george-takei_zps80a1a8dc.gif

Yup...just spit water all over my keyboard...LOVE it!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif