Please read before entering the forums...

Options

Replies

• Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options

you-mad.gif

IgZwyMc.jpg
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    In cause it's Friday.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    332107o.jpg
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Tip #42 Squirrels like to eat lucky charms.

#43 It's Friday
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I think most NORMAL people comparing weights of different things use the same volumetric measurement to compare, otherwise by your logic everything in the universe weighs the same!
    I feel like a pretty normal person....i wouldn't "compare" the weight of 2 things...I could observe that the volume may look the same but the weight will be different depending on density of said obects. But to "compare" I would have to have 2 items that weight identical amounts. This is why people should take/track measurements so that when they step on the scale and see no change, the may be able to see that they are slimming down though not losing weight. I dunno....just saying.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    In cause yay!!!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Tip #14 - yes muscle is heavier than fat.
    Tip #15 - Tea and Coffee does count as water intake

Maybe I am not understanding #14. How is muscle heavier than fat. A lb of muscle weighs the same as a lb of fat?

Yes but 2lb of muscle weighs more than 1lb of fat.

And no I do not think you have understood # 14.

I think most NORMAL people comparing weights of different things use the same volumetric measurement to compare, otherwise by your logic everything in the universe weighs the same!

I suppose you may ask the question another way - is a 6 inch cube of muscle the same size as a 6 inch cube of fat?

Do You Even Logic?
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Maybe I am not understanding #14. How is muscle heavier than fat. A lb of muscle weighs the same as a lb of fat?

I suppose you may ask the question another way - is a 6 inch cube of muscle the same size as a 6 inch cube of fat?

Do You Even Logic?

Do you?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Do You Even Logic?

Do you?

I do, I do
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Tip # WHO THE HELL CARES:

DON'T BOSS PEOPLE AROUND PRETENDING TO BE THE INTERNET POLICE

kthanksbai
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

Do You Even Logic?

Do you?

I do, I do

:smile:
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Tip #5-If you find that you get depressed when the scale doesn't drop EVERY SINGLE DAY, don't weight yourself EVERY SINGLE DAY.
    Tip #7-"I don't weight my food but I never go over my limit and always at a deficit" Um, how the hell would you know if you don't weight your food?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    #1 Don't argue with people who think that muscle weighs the same as fat.

You might as well try to convince a flat-earther of the near-spherical nature of our planet, or a moon landing denier that it was easier to land on the moon in 1969 than to produce a convincing fake.

Having made the rule, and I believe it is rule number 1, I will break it this last time.

What do you think someone means when they say one substance weighs more than another? They mean that it is denser. What else could someone older than 2 possibly mean by that? What do nuclear physicists mean by "heavy water"? They mean water that, by virtue of having extra neutrons in its atomic nuclei, weighs more than the same volume of ordinary water, i.e. it is denser. Or are these PhD physicists ignorant of the most basic nature of the world around them, something even a kindergartener can understand?

Explaining slowly and carefully to someone that a pound of one thing weighs the same as a pound of something else is condescending in the extreme, and just results in two people thinking the other is stupid. Assuming that the people you communicate with have the intelligence of a mollusc is not the best way to make friends and influence people.

Why should I say "denser" to appease people who have a rigid and incomplete definition of certain English terms?

And I'm pretty certain you'd find a good correlation between the belief that muscle and fat weigh the same and failure to achieve fitness goals. Why else stick doggedly to such an absurd position, if not to rationalise another doughnut?

I think that might have qualified as a rant, but I feel better for it, especially since it wasn't aimed at any one luddite in particular.

It's long been my considered opinion that the flat-earthers are a bunch of epic and amusing trolls. If I hit the lottery, I'd spend more time on that website.
  • ImSoOTired
    ImSoOTired Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    3631418+_5516d10213e278c0d12d3b4b6399e92a.jpg

And I approve of your use of Dave Grohl gifs!:love:
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options

And of course 2 lbs of muscle weigh more than 1 lb of fat. That's simple math. But to make a blanket statement that is incorrect that muscle weighs more than fat, no. You compare them 1:1

A lb of muscle weighs the same as a lb of fat as does a lb of feathers, lb of avocados, lb of apples, etc. While there may be a lot more of some than others, they all still weigh the exact same. If you are comparing weights, then you compare 1:1. You want to compare volume that's a different story all together.

Many people take this as a given when the question is asked, and their mind does the above work and assumes the meaning is not literally "does a pound weigh a pound" because nobody in their right mind would be asking that question, but really "does an equal volume of a substance have a different weight" is what is meant.

The more literal minded can't make this jump from the question and it drives them nuts and write how the others are wrong...to which the more flexible minded people get annoyed the obvious real question was ignored and the literal minded people are being needlessly anal retentive...to which the literal minded people still cant make the jump and add a few more definitions...which causes the flexible minded people to think the literal minded obviously are just trying to argue and be "right" because anyone can see the literal question is not whats being asked...and on and on...
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    PS you can also build muscle on a deficit :)
  • squishycatmew
    squishycatmew Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    In because Friday. :happy:

Also, I have to add, I LOVE cauliflower. But I eat it AS cauliflower. If I want rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', I will eat rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', thank you very much! :drinker:

Cauliflower is delicious, just should not masquerade as things which it is not.

Roast a chopped head of cauliflower with olive oil, kosher or sea salt, pepper, and cumin seed. Top with lightly salted plain Greek yogurt, fresh mint leaves, and pomegranate seeds. EAT FOREVER.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    #1 Don't argue with people who think that muscle weighs the same as fat.

You might as well try to convince a flat-earther of the near-spherical nature of our planet, or a moon landing denier that it was easier to land on the moon in 1969 than to produce a convincing fake.

Having made the rule, and I believe it is rule number 1, I will break it this last time.

What do you think someone means when they say one substance weighs more than another? They mean that it is denser. What else could someone older than 2 possibly mean by that? What do nuclear physicists mean by "heavy water"? They mean water that, by virtue of having extra neutrons in its atomic nuclei, weighs more than the same volume of ordinary water, i.e. it is denser. Or are these PhD physicists ignorant of the most basic nature of the world around them, something even a kindergartener can understand?

Explaining slowly and carefully to someone that a pound of one thing weighs the same as a pound of something else is condescending in the extreme, and just results in two people thinking the other is stupid. Assuming that the people you communicate with have the intelligence of a mollusc is not the best way to make friends and influence people.

Why should I say "denser" to appease people who have a rigid and incomplete definition of certain English terms?

And I'm pretty certain you'd find a good correlation between the belief that muscle and fat weigh the same and failure to achieve fitness goals. Why else stick doggedly to such an absurd position, if not to rationalise another doughnut?

I think that might have qualified as a rant, but I feel better for it, especially since it wasn't aimed at any one luddite in particular.
    Wow, just wow
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    In because Friday. :happy:

Also, I have to add, I LOVE cauliflower. But I eat it AS cauliflower. If I want rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', I will eat rice, pizza, or 'buffalo wings', thank you very much! :drinker:

Cauliflower is delicious, just should not masquerade as things which it is not.

Roast a chopped head of cauliflower with olive oil, kosher or sea salt, pepper, and cumin seed. Top with lightly salted plain Greek yogurt, fresh mint leaves, and pomegranate seeds. EAT FOREVER.

^ I thinkI just fell inlove with you, or at least yourn recipe (scramble for the spices " now where did I put that nutmeg grate?"
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Tip #123945 - You cannot refute a dumb statement with another dumb statement.

True statement: Muscle is more dense than fat at room temperature and pressure.
    True statement: 1 lbf of muscle weighs the same as 1 lbf of fat (or apples, or pears, or donkey urine) when weighed at the same point on earth.
    True statement: Muscle weights more than fat per cubic inch at room temperature and pressure.
    True statement: 1 lbm of muscle is just as massive as one lbm of fat (this one gets a little hairy though)

Physics lesson over.