Replies

• Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    What the...
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I would be grossed out, but probably not offended. Most men seriously just think of it as a normal bodily function (which it is), and just let it rip wherever they at no matter who they're around. Maybe he was bringing you an apology gift??

On the minority comment, though, I may have been offended on that one. Hard to tell for sure since it didn't happen to me. If you're uncomfortable about the situation, which you obviously are, maybe it would help to at least discuss it with someone above you.

I wasn't offended at all about the minority comment. I grew up in a small town and heard much worse. People can be ignorant, I usually just let it roll off my shoulders. IF this guy is trying to make me look stupid, I want to say something. But what if he is just an accidental farter, and was too embarrassed to say it?

Yeah I think the minority comments are a lot more offensive then letting a little cheek squeak escape
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I would have said "I'm a minority who doesn't eat donuts. You should have brought me my cultural food being that you think I'm a minority haul and all. Oh and if this is what you ate that made you fart like the last time, I don't need it." Then I would have said it in Spanish with "tone".

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    haha that is awesome. I wish I was witty enough to have said something like that in the moment. I don't know if I have ever been speechless before, but this time it definitely did it.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is like being back in second grade on the playground where the boys showed they liked you by pushing you and stuff?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I can just imagine somewhere else on the internet:

"OMG I can't believe what I did.... so stupid... I was at my new job chatting to this hot young chick who worked there, and the bean curry I ate the previous decided to wreak havoc in my gut... I was pretty sure I could sneak one out silently, but it came out so loud and I even sharted a little bit.... I tried to play it cool, like it had all been a big joke, but I really had to go to the bathroom, so I kind of just pretended like I wasn't about to make a mad dash for the bathroom and then when I was far enough away that she couldn't see me, I dashed to the bathroom.

The next day I bought her a donut, well, I don't know why really.... I suppose I was just trying to pretend like nothing had happened... but she was looking at me like I was some kind of crazy half-wit.... "

This is why I like you!
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

"OMG I can't believe what I did.... so stupid... I was at my new job chatting to this hot young chick who worked there, and the bean curry I ate the previous decided to wreak havoc in my gut... I was pretty sure I could sneak one out silently, but it came out so loud and I even sharted a little bit.... I tried to play it cool, like it had all been a big joke, but I really had to go to the bathroom, so I kind of just pretended like I wasn't about to make a mad dash for the bathroom and then when I was far enough away that she couldn't see me, I dashed to the bathroom.

The next day I bought her a donut, well, I don't know why really.... I suppose I was just trying to pretend like nothing had happened... but she was looking at me like I was some kind of crazy half-wit.... "

My first thoughts were something along this line.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    He farted in front of you and brought you a donut. He's totally in love with you
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options

My first thoughts were something along this line.

agreed, there are moments in life that are so messed up, sometimes the only thing you can do....is walk away \m/
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Call him into your office, look him in the eye and say, "don't you ever pull that filth in front of me again. Are we clear?" Be stern. Be clear, and take no crap from this loser.

A guy at my work tried to be disrespectful to me in front of staff last month, and after I shook off the shock of what he did, I pulled him aside and said under no circumstances if he *ever* to treat me disrespectfully. He apologized profusely.

Stand up for yourself, your dignity. This guy is probably laughing with his buddies about it. And don't accept donuts from him until he learns respect.

Can't tell if you're joking or not. I just blame my farts at work on a medical condition.

Do you sit in a new person's office, look them in the eye and let it rip? I think you don't. People pass gas, but that's just vulgar and forced. I would never allow someone at work to treat me with such disrespect.

If I;m at a party and some guy I know is laughing and rips one, that's funny. But what that guy did was done to embarrass her. He's a jerk.
  • Mikkimeow
    Options
    He farted in front of you and brought you a donut. He's totally in love with you

Is that love? I don't want to be in love then.
  • jtrack3d
    jtrack3d Posts: 91
    Options
    Someone might have dared him or some such. We always do silly things to new people in our group.

That said, I would have said something ... like please keep your farts to your own office if you can.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Am I reading right - it happened twice? This isn't funny. He's disrespecting and undermining you. Do not engage in retaliation. I agree with the comment above - stand up for yourself and be stern. If it happens again, report it to a superior.
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The 10 year old boy in me is cracking up right now.
  • Mikkimeow
    Options
    Am I reading right - it happened twice? This isn't funny. He's disrespecting and undermining you. Do not engage in retaliation. I agree with the comment above - stand up for yourself and be stern. If it happens again, report it to a superior.

I guess I should clarify. He didn't fart twice. Today was just a donut. But, it was without any explanation. He just handed me a donut in plastic and left. No hello or goodbye. No, I did not eat it.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Put a horses head in his bed and a dead fish on his desk.......
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

I guess I should clarify. He didn't fart twice. Today was just a donut. But, it was without any explanation. He just handed me a donut in plastic and left. No hello or goodbye. No, I did not eat it.

Whew! Okay, then I think it was an accident and the donut was atonement. He's embarrassed. :flowerforyou:
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well I think it's more funny (and embarrassing - for HIM) than anything else.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    He's a sales guy, they are all a little quirky. He's just playing the fart game with you. Sounds like you need to raise the ante. Ball is in your court.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I really do agree with this! Don't let him or anyone disrespect you ever. The thing I agree with as it didn't show up here was calling him into your office and let him know it was disrespectful and not to treat you that way ever again.