Should I be offended?

Options

Replies

• SteveyBrule
    SteveyBrule Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You need to establish dominance at this point, he was trying to challenge you.

Try urinating on his office chair while he's sitting in it. Then put it in your office, since it's now your chair.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of my relationship with my (now) wife.

We had been dating for a few weeks and I told her that I thought we should take the relationship to the next level.. She said "what do you mean" and I leaned over and ripped one.

Now we are married.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Omg, I am dying here
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Try urinating on his office chair while he's sitting in it. Then put it in your office, since it's now your chair.

lmfao
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat the donut, Probably has poop particles on it.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think we deserve to know this guys full name so we can look up his Facebook profile, and giggle like schoolgirls :drinker:
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Preferably she should lift her leg like she's doing it over a fire hydrant. That will show him who is the real alpha in the office!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    doo-doo donut
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options

^^^^LMAO! This guy would probably enjoy a golden shower. :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Call him into your office, look him in the eye and say, "don't you ever pull that filth in front of me again. Are we clear?" Be stern. Be clear, and take no crap from this loser.

A guy at my work tried to be disrespectful to me in front of staff last month, and after I shook off the shock of what he did, I pulled him aside and said under no circumstances if he *ever* to treat me disrespectfully. He apologized profusely.

Stand up for yourself, your dignity. This guy is probably laughing with his buddies about it. And don't accept donuts from him until he learns respect.

I probably wouldn't go quite that hardcore -- but I LOVE this advice, just the same. Direct. Take no bull. I love it. And I agree.

I would probably steer clear of him. Turn down the donut. But be nice enough...just kinda stick to your own job and don't go out of your way to speak with him. If circumstances come along that you actually HAVE TO work in close proximity, or are at some sort of team-building activity together, anything like that...I would bring up the whole fart thing to him like it was a joke, but I wouldn't be shy or act uncomfortable. I'd be more bold and say, "WOW, Coworker'sName, I did not know what to think of you when you first started and you came in my office and farted..." or something like that. But if that's not your style, it would probably just make you more uncomfortable around him!

If the guy is also youngish compared to others in the office, I think it's possible that he sees himself as being young like you (even if he is way older) and thinking like "oh we're buddies" or maybe even a mild flirtation. Eww, but possible.

The minority comment was totally inappropriate and unacceptable, but if it was the ONLY thing he ever said along those lines I would probably let it slide. ANY more of that and he'd be reported.
  • hvreeland
    hvreeland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here we have an example of the male species attempting to mate with the female species. Observe the male releasing flatulence in an effort to woo the female. OH NO! I'VE BEEN SPOTTED!
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can't...Stop...Laughing...

Ok. Weird. You should do the same in his office. Then, buy him a doughnut later.
    Thanks for the counter chuckle imagining her doing just that.

Heck, I'd even spring for the donut to make it so!
  • mousetrousers
    mousetrousers Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think he was trying to make small talk and be funny (but it came out the wrong way) and he was so nervous he farted. I think he had an accident, kept looking you in the eye because he needed to see if you would laugh or react (both would've destroyed him), and he didn't say anything because he was so incredibly embarrassed. He is the new guy and wanted to make an impression. He gave you a doughnut without words because he is still incredibly embarrassed and wanted to say sorry.

That's what I would think of it. I commend you for not rolling on the floor laughing in his face...like I most likely would've (unfortunately) done.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask if you're offended, then you are not. But you need to pay it back. Walk into his office. Crap in his garbage can. Leave. Don't say a word.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I can just imagine somewhere else on the internet:

"OMG I can't believe what I did.... so stupid... I was at my new job chatting to this hot young chick who worked there, and the bean curry I ate the previous decided to wreak havoc in my gut... I was pretty sure I could sneak one out silently, but it came out so loud and I even sharted a little bit.... I tried to play it cool, like it had all been a big joke, but I really had to go to the bathroom, so I kind of just pretended like I wasn't about to make a mad dash for the bathroom and then when I was far enough away that she couldn't see me, I dashed to the bathroom.

The next day I bought her a donut, well, I don't know why really.... I suppose I was just trying to pretend like nothing had happened... but she was looking at me like I was some kind of crazy half-wit.... "

My first thoughts were something along this line.

agreed, there are moments in life that are so messed up, sometimes the only thing you can do....is walk away \m/

This. Let it go unless it becomes a pattern.

This was my first thought, too. Have you ever done something horribly embarrassing and then tried to make it better, but you just kept making it worse? I have.
    If he does it again, though, I'd have a serious chat with him. And possibly his boss.

I hope it doesn't offend you that I laughed hysterically at this. It's just so weird and your description of it was hilarious.
  • JasonKnight85
    JasonKnight85 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think he was trying to make small talk and be funny (but it came out the wrong way) and he was so nervous he farted. I think he had an accident, kept looking you in the eye because he needed to see if you would laugh or react (both would've destroyed him), and he didn't say anything because he was so incredibly embarrassed. He is the new guy and wanted to make an impression. He gave you a doughnut without words because he is still incredibly embarrassed and wanted to say sorry.

That's what I would think of it. I commend you for not rolling on the floor laughing in his face...like I most likely would've (unfortunately) done.

This. I'm still laughing too hard to make my own comment, but this.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am just utterly clueless about men. I would never marry an intentional farter. Not if that was how we met. "Oh children, your dad came into my office and ripped one. Love at first smell."

If he was being an *kitten*, he is obviously doesn't deserve my attention.

If that was a horribly embarrassing moment for him, I might give him some slack and hope he starts using Activia.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Why has nobody suggested a whoopee cushion on his chair, and a doughnut on his desk?