To all parents.....Should I give this lady a tip?

Options

Replies

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. *Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

*Where not prohibited by law

the "special ingredient" would ned to either already be in the oil or butter, you wouldnt want to just straight up add it to the brownie mix
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    as a migraine/fibromyaliga/mood disorder/social anxiety sufferer myself when there is ANY form of relief from crippling pain/debilitating anxiety I'd listen.

TYVM :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I love these threads.

Who here is in favor of little children suffering consistent, damaging seizures? (I'm just a dumb, dangerous criminal, so who cares about my suffering.)
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would definitely talk to the owner of the salon and let them know what their employees are promoting.

I'm not against MM, I just feel it's the parent's place to discuss it with their teens.

Lol so you would call and complain about the discussion your daughter had with her manicurist, even though your daughter walked out without tipping the woman, and without even looking at the true subject at hand which is the job she is paid to perform on your daughters nails AKA a manicure.

Your a peach.
  • notamoment
    Options
    I would definitely talk to the owner of the salon and let them know what their employees are promoting.

"Why I don't know if y'all know this but one of your nail technicians mentioned... *looks left, looks right, whispers* marijuana. Now luckily my daughter was only using a gift certificate and never did tip her. But for her to speak of legally prescribed medicine to cure my daughter's ailments...shameful. Has she been spending a lot of time around jazz musicians? You know the kind of people I'm talking about. I had expected much more professionalism from the Nail Dreamz staff!"

White people, how do you live being THIS uptight?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    You guys make me miss weed.
  • wheird
    Options

I'm not against MM, I just feel it's the parent's place to discuss it with their teens.

Um, she advised the daughter to talk with her parents about it.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    The manicurist suggested that your daughter talk to you about medical marijuana for her migraines. Your daughter then did, in fact, bring it up to you. Did the discussion that followed really center around the tip still in your kid's pocket?

Great catch!! She did tell the daughter to talk with her Mom!!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    As a mom, I would be uncomfortable with the manicurist discussing medical marijuana with my 14-year-old. Not that I think kids are clueless about pot (ok, I was at that age, but not all kids are), but because it's just an inappropriate topic of conversation between a child and adult she's known for all of five minutes. I know all kinds of topics come up in salons, but I would expect a technician to keep the conversation age appropriate when dealing with a minor. Legal or not, it's just one of those topics where it's better to err on the side of caution with someone else's kid.

I would also talk to my daughter about how to handle the tipping situation in salons, and that even though the tech walked away she could have left the tip with the front desk. I've been to plenty of salons where the employees do not accept tips directly and it is expected that you leave the tip at the desk for them. At 14, I'm not sure I would have known how to handle that situation and would have been too embarrassed to ask someone to take the money out of my pocket for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Hey, nail shop owner! My daughter was here and mentioned that she had migraines and your nail tech suggested, and can you believe this, that my daughter talk to me about medication that her doctor could prescribe to her legally! WHAT THE HELL!?!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

"Why I don't know if y'all know this but one of your nail technicians mentioned... *looks left, looks right, whispers* marijuana. Now luckily my daughter was only using a gift certificate and never did tip her. But for her to speak of legally prescribed medicine to cure my daughter's ailments...shameful. Has she been spending a lot of time around jazz musicians? You know the kind of people I'm talking about. I had expected much more professionalism from the Nail Dreamz staff!"

White people, how do you live being THIS uptight?

white-people.gif
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    its always good to take medical advice from a manicurist.

Win!:drinker:
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I would be questioning why your daughter kept the tip money (i.e. to buy a dime bag.)

Aside from the drug debate, my issue on this is that you made it an issue to begin with. The closed-mindedness of some parents with what their kids are subjected to is a bit naive and excessive. Your daughter knows about pot and has conversed in a lot of other issues that you may blanch at. While it MAY be unprofessional, a client/manicurist relationship is that of a confidant, but less money for the hour than a shrink would charge. Just because something is discussed doesn't mean your kid is going to partake in the topic at hand. Making a big deal out of this says more about you than that of the chick doing nails. I can't even imagine the bubble you keep your daughter in, but it's not going to be beneficial to her when down the road.

There's a big difference between what kids talk about, or what kids hear about, and another adult suggesting that your kid partake in something controversial (that an adult SHOULD be able to realize the kid's parents might not like). My kids are not sheltered at all, but my initial reaction would have been annoyance -- which would have nothing to do with keeping my kid in a bubble, and everything to do with some adult butting in to my parenting. (Although, like I said above, on second thought she was only saying, "Talk to your mom about it," and there's really nothing wrong with that.) I also got annoyed when my daughter's teacher told her she was making "a bad decision" because she planned to watch anime all weekend (it's summer break). Obviously I'm not trying to shelter her from... uh, *not* watching anime? Just, you know, let me parent my own kid.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    What would you do?

First I would preheat the oven to 350 degrees, 375 for a dark no-stick pan. Combine the eggs, brownie mix, vegetable oil, and stir till well blended. Fold in the "special" ingredient. Spray the pan with a non-stick spray. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes.

You should use a double boiler pot and heat the special ingrediant to 120F for 45 minutes first, then add it to the mixture after straining the green leaf matter.
    This \m/

Come on you guys, get real! Sautée the special ingredient in butter first,. :smile:

No way, combine with butter in the crockpot and keep it on low for 8+ hours.

Or you could just go to the store and buy your edibles. Oh you can't because it's not legal in your state? Pity...:smokin:

I live in California. I prefer to make my own due to the prices at cannabis clubs.
  • notamoment
    Options
    I would be questioning why your daughter kept the tip money (i.e. to buy a dime bag.)

Aside from the drug debate, my issue on this is that you made it an issue to begin with. The closed-mindedness of some parents with what their kids are subjected to is a bit naive and excessive. Your daughter knows about pot and has conversed in a lot of other issues that you may blanch at. While it MAY be unprofessional, a client/manicurist relationship is that of a confidant, but less money for the hour than a shrink would charge. Just because something is discussed doesn't mean your kid is going to partake in the topic at hand. Making a big deal out of this says more about you than that of the chick doing nails. I can't even imagine the bubble you keep your daughter in, but it's not going to be beneficial to her when down the road.

There's a big difference between what kids talk about, or what kids hear about, and another adult suggesting that your kid partake in something controversial (that an adult SHOULD be able to realize the kid's parents might not like). My kids are not sheltered at all, but my initial reaction would have been annoyance -- which would have nothing to do with keeping my kid in a bubble, and everything to do with some adult butting in to my parenting. (Although, like I said above, on second thought she was only saying, "Talk to your mom about it," and there's really nothing wrong with that.) I also got annoyed when my daughter's teacher told her she was making "a bad decision" because she planned to watch anime all weekend (it's summer break). Obviously I'm not trying to shelter her from... uh, *not* watching anime? Just, you know, let me parent my own kid.

Clearly a suggestion for relief from massive migraines is "butting" in on your parenting.

And if THAT isn't enough of a clue that this ***** is stepping on your toes, then her suggesting that your kid talk to you about it is for SURE a challenge. You should throat punch her like a boss...clearly she is out of line.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    If she doesn't seem to care or does not have a prescription for it, than alert her boss, because I sure wouldn't want an employee working for me, while high, and doling out unsolicited and illegal advice to minors.

oh, you know she was high?

are you aware that medical marijuana exists where the cannabinoids have been removed?

no? interesting.
    Actually, no I didn't know that. It is interesting and now I want to do some research on it.
    Well, for starters, you are making an assumption that she uses it. And also assuming that she uses it while working.
    I guess I didn't really express myself correctly. I would come to a conclusion that if someone is telling a random stranger to use pot to help with migraines and also telling them it can be baked into food, than they could very likely be using it. I mean if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably not a horse.

Also if you were to assume that she does smoke it, and assuming its not legal where she lives, than it stays in your system for a few days after smoking it so the employer could subject her to a blood test and let her go. Now if she has a RX and the cannabinoids have been removed, (see that Skullshank? I pay attention.), and her employer is aware of this, than while she wouldn't get in trouble, she might need to have a conversation with her boss on professional behavior and appropriate topics for conversation in the work place with customers.
    If it is legal where she lives, than I don't know...I guess just talk with your teen and maybe let the employer know what happened. When it comes right down to it, you are still a customer giving them business and your concerns should be addressed.
  • wheird
    Options
    It stays in your system because it is fat soluable, not because you remain high the next day.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    It stays in your system because it is fat soluable, not because you remain high the next day.
    i dont know where you get your stash but i injected 4 marijuanas last weekend and im still baked as fuark
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to discuss..... but not between a manicurist and her client, especially a young teenager. Given that medical marijuana is such a taboo topic, it is just not appropriate to discuss in the workplace...no matter how casual of a place it might be.

How is it taboo exactly? Its LEGAL.

Cigarettes must be taboo as well.

Taboo doesn' t mean illegal. I'm not giving my opinion on it, just stating a fact. The same way talking about anything that divides a culture is taboo. Pot is a topic that divides people, as well as things like gay marriage, other drugs, smoking, etc etc. Doesn't mean they're illegal.

Most companies would probably prefer to keep such talk out of their workplaces and keep the focus on work (unless the company is actually ABOUT those things).

tumblr_mqt736O4a61rzgk7ao1_400.jpg
  • Gwennie9476
    Gwennie9476 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Probably late on the issue, but did the manicurist know how old your daughter was? From my perspective a lot of 14 year olds these days look like 21 or older.

Otherwise, I think this: Medical marijuana use is a hot topic for debate. Should it be used...my thoughts are yes! It is all natural with little to no side effects.

People who use it for said purpose are NOT POTHEADS! They are using this like any other medication. I would rather have it used than oxycontin or valium, or any other rx drug that is highly addictive with known chemical side effects.

I think the idea of tipping her now is a non-issue...