Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• ambrosiaspears5
    Options
    pdhb- Welcome! I just usually tracking it as cardiovascular- and the select strength training. I also added my own exercises and created ones for Body Beast. I use a fitbit so that syncs with MFP and it calculates my calories.

Jennifer- Welcome! How long is the trip? If its only a week or two I say continue in Bulk, but if its any longer I would start again.
  • JenniferBabec
    Options
    Ambrosiapear: Its 7 days but I can workout before I leave and when I get back so miss 5 days. I will do what you suggest. Excited to move on the the next phase. Thanks for the advice.

Nutrition I am still struggling getting the right percentages. 50 C/ 25 F/25P Any suggestions? I am taking Body Beast Supps and love them. I use to add fruit if I was hungry but I do not think its beneficial for what I am try to achieve.
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

It has been a crazy busy week!!

ambrosia and eating4me - Are you a member of the facebook group "Body Beast for Women" ? Yesterday there was a lot of chatter on there about how many calories to eat. Seems like a lot of people are struggling with that. I saw the words "getting fluffy" a lot. I am eating a daily average of about 1430. MelliChick who is on here is eating about the same and we are seeing good changes. I still need to lose a good 10-15 pounds so I feel like eating at a deficit is best for me now and maybe I will bulk some on the next round.

JenniferBabec - I think you are going to be about our 5th Jennifer on here! haha. I am a Jennifer too going by Jenn usually. I agree that you can just continue. Especially if it is only 5-7 days. I actually did doubles and skipped all my rest days when I started so that I would be ahead when I had to travel to my corporate office. I only missed 3 days and started right back up when I returned. No issues. I think your macros are fine from what I have read. I don't follow the diet. I eat LC. I think the biggest issue is to not over eat if you want to lean out. If you are bulking to add muscle and will lean out later I think extra calories in the form of protein or healthy fat are great.

pdhb1985 - I agree again. I started counting it under cardio as weight lifting. I have since added the names in to the "my exercise" section. I don't count these calories so I always change it to 1 on the burn. A heart rate monitor will be most accurate if you have one.

I hope everyone is doing great. I am soooo excited to be in my 2nd 30 days and to see what results I will get from that. My weight is staying steady, which is nice and verifies my losses have been real.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jenn
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm still here!!! Sorry being MIA for a while but things have been a bit crazy on my end. My Mom is pretty sick, she was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia, a very rare blood disease and it's been a long ride so far.

But, I am keeping my sanity with my workouts! I am already in phase II of X3! It's crazy! I am already looking forward to starting round 2 of Body Beast when I'm finished! And I think I might add in some of the X3 cardio workouts as well for added results!

Welcome to the new Beastettes! Glad to see everyone working hard and pushing play!
  • ambrosiaspears5
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the FB page. I requested be added so waiting... I did legs today and that burned! I know I will feel it tomorrow. Been craving so many sweets lately and has been hard to fight. Im not sure what is going on as I have been so good for a while. Hope you all are doing well! Keep pushing!
  • stepho69
    stepho69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm on day two of body beast ....ouch...my legs.....and I'm keen to hear/see how it us working for you all. I have lost 2 stones and need to get the last 7 ish lbs off ...or about 5/6 % body fat. Ive come this far with Jillian Michaels and a mostly clean diet. I've tried supreme 90 and body for life but didn't feel they were getting me anywhere. So I'm onto sagi. A few questions...I am estimating my calorie needs to be about 1400 per day . I find it quite hard to eat 1400 cals! I take a whey shake after each workout and try to eat high protein...egg whites...fish etc. Do the cals sound right? Should I take anymore supplements? I'm 45, 5ft tall (!) and weigh 113 lbs 25.5% bf. :)
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :flowerforyou:

I just got this program and am starting on Monday... unfortunately my bench won't arrive until Tuesday so my first attempt at chest/tri's might not be awesome.

I've completed Chalene Extreme and Turbofire in the past (and still love both) but wanted a new lifting challenge, especailly a "proper" routing with multiple reps and rest periods.

Previously I've tried to do a regular routine, but I am just useless without a DVD to guide me/ push me.

I will check in on Monday :wink:
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I was finally able to finish the program yesterday after hurting my shoulder the day before my last workout. Talk about disappointment!
  • waiting4change
    waiting4change Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I will be starting on Monday, June 30th. I am a member of the fb Body Beast 4 Women group. I have a ? though, I am almost done with Focus t25 - does everyone follow the calendar that comes with the program?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies!!!! Sorry I've been MIA lately but I've had some set backs with my arm/wrist/thumb.......uggghhh!!!! Sucks.

Anyway, here's what's going on with me. I have 3 more weeks of X3 and then plan to incorporate the new PiYo as well starting on Monday! I've already done one of the workouts and I was hesitant because I'm a hardcore girl but I know that flexibility is something I need to work on. Anyway, the workout kicked my butt, I was dripping with sweat as if I had done Build Legs! LOL So, I'm a believer! Besides, anything that Chalene puts out HAS to be good! Love her!

So, I'll finish up X3, including the Elite phase, with PiYo and then it's Beast all the way! I hope to do multiple rounds as one of my goals is to be on stage in the Beast Classic at the Beachbody Summit next year! OMG, did I just post that out loud? LOL I'm committed now!

So, how are you girls doing?

waiting4chang: I typically always follow the program calendar. How did day 1 go?

Hope you ladies have a great day!!!!
  • eayala429
    eayala429 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm Emily and I'm new to this group. I own BB and tried my hands on it a few months back but could never understand how to do the macros and then miserably failed. I have a upcoming cruise (August 31st) and would love to incorporate BB again (and also doing Piyo - just started that). My biggest problem is nutrition. I have about 15-20lbs to lose (which all seems to be in my gut apparently), and I just never knew how to do the nutrition part of Beast. I get figure out the math portions, but how to incorporate that into what I should eat everyday - it never seems to add up.

I don't even mind if I have to eat the same things every single day, but I just don't know what to eat in order to make this work. Any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

THANKS
  • ambrosiaspears5
    Options
    Welcome Emily!

I never followed the nutrition guide on beast because it put me at very high calories. I just calculated through myfitnesspal based on how much i wanted to lose. I am at 1500 calories a day at 50% protein/25 carb/ 25 fat. This has been working well and the hardest part is getting all that protein. lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies and cut out the white flour. I am in my last 2 weeks of the program and this added with additional cardio has given me great results.
  • waiting4change
    Options
    Day 1 was great! Day 2 is still killing me (leg day). I actually started this week on Monday instead of June 30th since we were out of town and I didn't want to bring all of my exercise equipment with. Back & Biceps were a bit easier. My body is pretty sore (only on day 3). I figured an epsom salt soak would help as it did previously when I began Focus t25, but it didn't help.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Yeah!!! Activity! :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

I was hoping you girls were still hanging around here! Here's a little update on me. I'm in the first week of the Elite phase of X3 with a PiYo hybrid.

Unfortunately, my median nerve entrapment and thumb joint problem isn't really getting any better. In fact, it's pretty painful to do any kind of push up or plank position. And I've been told that I need to lay off the chest exercises and focus on back. Uggghh!!!! :sad: I am going to PT and massage but I can't keep that up the rest of my life; it's just frustrating.

Welcome Emily! When I did my first round of BB, I didn't exactly follow the eating guide either because it was just too hard to cram in 2000 calories per day! Plus, I still have weight to lose so I wanted to trim that back a bit. Do you by chance have or have done the 21 Day Fix? I am kind of taking that concept but increasing the calories a bit and it's seemed to work ok. I also watch my carb intake, especially at night. And drink lots of water!

Keep up the good work girls! Hard work and dedication pay off!
  • waiting4change
    Options
    Well got through my first week on the Lean calendar. Does anyone add cardio with this program (elliptical workouts or treadmill)? I would like to a few times a week if possible.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning ladies! Ok, I couldn't take it anymore! LOL I've started Beast again!

Yesterday was Chest & Tris and I'm supposed to be focusing on a 3:1 ratio of back to chest exercises because of my median nerve problem and my tightness pulling my shoulders forward so I added in some extra back exercises too. I followed that with PiYo Sweat! I'm actually liking that my flexibility is getting better by using PiYo! I'm liking it, minus all the wrist impact but I modify where needed. I also added in some extra cardio, doing a hiit of jacks, high knees and shuffles.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Well got through my first week on the Lean calendar. Does anyone add cardio with this program (elliptical workouts or treadmill)? I would like to a few times a week if possible.

I plan on adding is some walking/jogging; I'm not a runner by any means but walking trims down my legs big time! I've also been adding in some cardio here and there, doing hiits or intervals of 30 sec on/15 sec off, going between moves like jacks, high knees, shuffles, squat jumps, burpees, whatever to get your heart rate going. I do about 2-3 intervals of this.
  • waiting4change
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I think I am going to add a 30 minute elliptical workout 3 times a week and see how I feel.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    <
    since this is not conducive to P90X3.....a change in plans.... Back to Body Beast except "legs".
  • ddavies919
    Options
    <
    since this is not conducive to P90X3.....a change in plans.... Back to Body Beast except "legs".

Oh no!!!!! What happened?