SHAKEOLOGY does it really work?

Options

Replies

• ctroxell2004
    Options
    I honestly could not stand the taste.........I have 5 or 6 shakes left.
  • Carebear530
    Carebear530 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm not loving it. I was very excited to try it but it leaves a sugar taste in my mouth that makes me crave more sugar. I haven't noticed any energy changes or anything except when I work out. I think I will go back to my Target brand protein powder.
  • anemicroyalty10
    anemicroyalty10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You should try juicing. Kale, spinach, apple, strawberries and a scoop of protein powder makes for a yummy shake and it's healthy.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    ok not to be little anyone.....but anyone who would spend 120 a month on PROTEIN should stop what theyre doing immediately get in your car and drive as fast as you can to your nearest home depot and buy a screw driver to tighten the loose screws in your head.

But... But... It's cheaper than McDonald's.

If its cheaper than a completely unrelated product, it MUST be a good value!
  • justisroyster
    justisroyster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It just sounds like a money making scam to me. Okay, maybe you might get results. But you can get results with just eating healthy and working out. Or if you really want a meal replacement shake try ones they sell in Walmart or your general food store. I drink an Ensure every morning. And people who say its only $4 a day, Thats $120 a month, which could cover a gym membership, plenty of healthy food, and anything else you may need.
    Of course the final decision comes to you about whether or not it is worth it, but just really weigh the pros and cons. I have tons of places I'd much rather spend that kind of money on :)
    It is funny how people don't think $4 a day isn't a lot of money. Maybe for some people it isn't.
  • Mev316
    Mev316 Posts: 1
    Options
    I drink Shakeology, and am not a coach. I like the convenience of it, and notice a difference in my hair, skin, nails and cravings when I don't drink it. While I don't believe I can drink it and sit on the couch and expect to lose weight, I honestly know that I am paying for the convenience of having it delivered to my door and that I have it when I want it. It's a personal choice to make, and I think the only way you know if it's worth it or not is to try it. BB does have a great MBG so if you don't like it, just return it; nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm not disciplined enough to go shopping for a whey protein powder and wonder if I'll like it, etc., so yes, $4.00 does seem like a lot but since I don't have a lot of time in the morning to make breakfast and sit down and eat it; it beats the bagel and cream cheese with a coffee I would otherwise have at Dunkin Donuts on my way into the office. The one benefit to me, in addition of the cravings, is that my nails always grow nice and strong (not an advertised benefit). It's a convenience drink, and if the $4.00 a day isn't an issue, I say try it. If it's not worth your money, you go to the next thing.

On the clean eating piece. Drinking Shakeology and NOT eating healthy meals for the rest of the day is DEFINITELY not going to work. Shakeology is not a miracle food; just a lot of good food ground for convenience. By now you've probably made your own decision since this thread is old, but thought I'd add my 2 cents.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology so much I became a beachbody coach! It has done WONDERS for me :D

I love Doritos; I contacted the manufacturer and unfortunately I cannot become a Doritos Coach; very disappointing :(
  • Abi198111
    Abi198111 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love Doritos; I contacted the manufacturer and unfortunately I cannot become a Doritos Coach; very disappointing :(

:laugh:
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    $1460/yr. I will take my real meals over replacements any day!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a weight loss shake for me, but it did keep me healthy and give me energy. It kept me from getting colds and other illnesses and even helped me get my allergies under control.

Wow those are some pretty serious health claims. Exactly what experiments did you conduct to come to these conclusions?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I know 3 people that use it regularly. All are in great shape and one just lost 30+ lbs while using it. Of course, he also completely the Insanity DVDs and took up running.

It is not a magic weight loss or muscle building drink. You still have to do the work. But if you are looking for a nutritionally sound meal replacement drink that is about $4 a meal, it will work for that.

ETA: a guy I work with that lifts weight but doesn't do Beachbody workouts or Shakeology meal replacement told me he loves the recovery drinks. Apparently they have one that tastes just like a creamsickle.

I lost more than 30 pounds just eating a healthy diet and exercising.

Congrats!! I lost 27 doing the exact same thing! But the OP didn't ask about that.

True. That said, the OP also stated she did not want to waste money implying she would be open to other alternatives.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I love shakeology so much I became a beachbody coach! It has done WONDERS for me :D

It isn't like you need to pass a Doritos Coach certification to call yourself a Doritos Coach.

You, sir, are now a Doritos Coach! Congrats!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    yes it does work it helped me tremendously. i have more energy, sleep better, keeps me full longer and i don't crave sweets and has improve some of my health issues. it is not as costly as most people say. it is about $4 a day which in the long run is worth the results.

You know what also does that... a nice garden salad with a tad bit of my favorite salad dressing on it... full fat, not that fat free crap that's loaded with sugar... And it's cheaper than $4 a day.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    http://www.naturesbounty.com/optimalsolutions/050875

I use Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Protein+ Vitamin Shake mix, a healthy diet based on the food pyramid (the last version before they went to the plate diagram), and multi-vitamins. Much cheaper. $119 for 1 shake/ day. :)

this is what I use... LOVE it! Especially since it has the multivitamin. Couple of the canisters I've purchased come with 2 dollar off coupons, so, a container could be anywhere from 9-12 bucks (at my local Marc's)
    Amazon sometimes has decent deals on it, too.
  • dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    BRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSS
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It just sounds like a money making scam to me. Okay, maybe you might get results. But you can get results with just eating healthy and working out. Or if you really want a meal replacement shake try ones they sell in Walmart or your general food store. I drink an Ensure every morning. And people who say its only $4 a day, Thats $120 a month, which could cover a gym membership, plenty of healthy food, and anything else you may need.
    Of course the final decision comes to you about whether or not it is worth it, but just really weigh the pros and cons. I have tons of places I'd much rather spend that kind of money on :)
    It is funny how people don't think $4 a day isn't a lot of money. Maybe for some people it isn't.

That's $ 1,460 per year. For that we could get our haybine fixed, lay new water pipe to the barn, or make a down payment on a new baler. There is NO WAY I could justify spending that kind of money on myself.....!!

.in addition, if I want protein I'll eat something good like a ribeye steak with sauteed mushrooms, not a damned shake. I don't do shakes, period.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is over priced garbage.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Does it work? It is the ONLY thing that works!

Without it, you are doomed to a life of obesity. The choice is yours, pay up or become 800 lbs by new years...

So that's where I went wrong... ahhj
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    eat real food
    cheaper, more nutritious

^^^^ AGREED ^^^^^
    [/quote

THIS ^^^ ALL DAY LONG!!!]
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Shakeology tastes great, chocolate is my favorite, with strawberry a close second and even though I don't usually like vanilla, I like the vanilla shakeology.

I think everyone is a little different with it. I don't use it as a meal replacement but after I workout. I don't think it keeps me fuller longer or prevent cravings, but if I am feeling snacky, which is always, I can use the chocolate to make a smoothie that is a healthier option then a gallon of ice cream. Quest bars do the same thing for me though.

That being said, I quit shakeology because it isn't anything special. I just wanted to try it for myself. It costs way too much for what it is.