WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2014

Options

Replies

• jfenner141
    jfenner141 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Suzy - have you had your thyroid checked? Hypothyroidism (low functioning thyroid) is greatly under-diagnosed. It could be one piece of the puzzle of why you are gaining. Other signs include pretty dry skin - that's why my doctor tested me some years back.

Pamala - we would go back to Amsterdam in a minute!!

For all the new ladies - this thread ends at 500 posts and we are getting close!! In the final post will be a link to June, Part 2, so keep an eye out!

Meg - you, Alison and I can go cruising together and leave the boys at home!! :tongue:

Jill in western MA
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

DS Update: My darling DS reported that according to the doctor he has lost 51 pounds in 2 weeks. The doctor told him he was losing too fast! DS said they have him on some strong diuretics and had estimated that he had somewhere between 75 to 100 pounds of fluid weight when he left the hospital. I am not sure but if you have someone on diuretics and sodium restricted diet and they are grossly obese at 465 pounds, you would expect the extreme fluid weight loss.:grumble: What do you guys think?

:explode: My Vent For The Week: I think the moon is full here and has been full for the last four weeks. First DS in the hospital; then the car needed repairs again ($1,200 repair bills for May); work has been the pits; then DD and the grandkids daddy start going through what I think should be a breakup; and yesterday SO and I had to do a relationship review (major problems to much time with television and computers - not enough time with each other/communicating). Anyway I’m still standing!

JB: I love “Gods drops of sunshine in this somewhat rainy path” and I’ll be sure to watch for them on my rainy paths. Sending much love and prayers for Mariah.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: Once you find one that fits make a note of the size and brand and go online to Just My Size and see if they have it on sale. I have found that each brand has a different size measuring system. So Playtex’s 40DDD is different from Bali’s 40DDD. I am living for the day I can get a 32DDD!:bigsmile:

Calliope610: Hope you had a very happy birthday! Thanks for sharing your journey.

Joyce: :flowerforyou: Love the idea of a destination map. Glad your check-in with the doctor went well.

Barbie: I do coleslaw the same way you do although I had not thought about taking it for pot luck meals. This weekend I tried Marie’s lite cole slaw dressing. Nobody noticed any difference so I’ll be using it from now on. My mom uses bags of coleslaw and steams it with a little olive oil and pepper. It’s delicious and makes a colorful hot dish.

Sylvia: If you take Joyce with you then you’ll have to take me too! I promise to behave as well!:happy:

Gail: Storm (my Doberman) is terrified of storms to the point that I usually give him a sedative when one is approaching:sad: . Can you provide more information about thunder shirts?

Well Ladies, I am going to have an excellent day and hope you do too!

Tere in Richmond VA
  • Cleo58
    Cleo58 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello my new dear friends!

I am new (again) to MFP and I am so excited to meet everyone. All of your posts are very helpful to those of us just beginning this trip. I just turned 56 on June 8th. I am in need of communication to get these feelings out and to find out how to survive during this weight loss. I have tried so many different things in the past and none of them stuck. I think I finally understand that this must be the way to go if I want quality of life for the rest of my life. I know that when my fridge is stocked with fruits and veggies that I will eat that. Preparedness is my most important comrade in this fight. Thank you, Barbie, for giving us this gift.

June goals:
    *Have the right foods in my home.
    *Track, track, track!
    *Get started on my exercise program.
    *Blog and communicate through this post.
    *Lower my sodium consumption.
  • jkay55
    jkay55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this post but can use any help with motivation and encouragement along this journey. My June goals are:

1. Log food and exercise daily.

2. 64 oz water daily.

3. Exercise everyday!!

4. Make healthy eating choices.

That's it for now. Looking forward to reading the posts here every day! :flowerforyou:
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Tere: I have a thundershirt as well. It's based on the principle of deep pressure as a calming influence. (You might want to read Temple Grandin on the calming effects of deep pressure. In fact, everybody might want to read Temple Grandin; she's a brilliant and fascinating woman.) The thundershirt isn't like a straitjacket; it just gives some gentle whole-body pressure.

Anyway, I notice some improvement in my dog's stress during thunderstorms or fireworks. Other people apparently have more spectacular results.

Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!
    Meg,feel better.
    hugs to all.
    jane
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

Back from our lunch with DSD in London. I made a healthy choice of the light pizza, but accompanied it with two small glasses of Merlot.:embarassed: I'm within my cals though as I didn't have my usual afternoon snack. :happy:

I'm Skyping DGS in 20 minutes before they go off on a family holiday to Portugal. I hope my son will thank me for his birthday present, which he had a week ago and I heard nothing.:grumble: All v carefully chosen goodies from France, and new espresso cups that he asked for. :huh: Boys, eh! ! ! ! !:tongue:

My lovle new hydrangea is dying becsuse of the ants nest in the pot.:frown: I've killed off the ants with bait, but all the tunnels the ants made have deprived the roots of grip so it is wilting despite water dosing.:cry: Silly me for putting it on an ant's nest.:ohwell:

Lots of chores to do tomorrow. Right now I am tired out.
    Dinner tonight is Huevos reveltos con gambas.:laugh: Scrambled eggs with prawns and masses of garlic!:bigsmile: I had it in Spain a few times as a starter, but it will be our main course.:happy: Lots of broccoli with it. Our own rhubarb for dessert.

Love to all. Off to play with DGS!

Heather in sunny Hampshire UK

Update: when the skype was over and we had switched our picture off I heard DGS say, "That was nice!" :love: :love: :love:
  • mb9129
    mb9129 Posts: 3
    Options
    testing
  • mb9129
    mb9129 Posts: 3
    Options
    my goals for June are: be more optimistic. I had a very bad year and need to just look forward and be positive. record every bite and all exercise and drink many more cups of water. and, of course, read this thread every day. is there anyway to sort this thread to have the latest entries show first???
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Your dance workshop sounds like a wonderful trip with people who share your joy in dance. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia: While you’re in the PNW try to find time to head to one of our spectacular beaches. The Oregon Coast is packed with wonderful places. I don’t know as much about the Washington Coast. Portland Saturday Market showcases handmade items and has lots of potters, as well as woodworkers, jewelers, and so on. It is open on Saturday’s and Sundays in Waterfront Park. Seattle has some great places, and Pike Street Market is high on my list. So is the waterfront along Western Avenue. We love to eat at the Crab Pot there. Washington State Ferries are also a treat; if you can find a road trip that includes a ferry ride you will likely enjoy it. I sound like a travel brochure. :blushing: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Michele: I agree with your comment about teens. Mine both pulled away and both came back although they don’t live close by. For some time perspective, both of my children are now in their mid to late thirties. Coming back took a bit of time. :ohwell: I always wish for them to be easier to see and do things with. I expect to see DS & DDIL later today. Unfortunately they’ll be here for a medical consultation about surgery that my son needs. I hate knowing he’s in pain and will have to undergo surgery to fix it. DD lives in CO and it is a three-day trip for us to get there because DH won’t fly, or an airplane ticket for her to come here.:ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Kim in N CA: I’m still here working on maintenance because I’ve lost weight before and then regained and ended up pounds heavier than I was in the first place. :grumble: After I reached my goal back then I resumed eating with the family. Old habits lead to old results. So here I am, learning to manage my eating and I expect to be here a LONG time. This time, DH is on the journey with me and we’re both getting healthier. We need to make good health our lifestyle.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: We’ve always wanted to take the train across Canada and see the fall leaves in New England. We’ve checked some other things off of our bucket list, but that one is still there. We haven’t worked out how to get home without flying.:flowerforyou:

Sherry: We’ve donated our too big clothes to the senior center thrift shop. We still keep only those with particular sentimental value. I keep one size up as back up when things are in the wash and donate everything above that. I have a rather small wardrobe.:flowerforyou:

Alison: We were talking about the school shooters at the beauty shop yesterday. One woman pointed out that the shooters are mentally ill. She believes they are schizophrenic. We don’t have mental health services available in this country anymore. That went away in the Reagan administration. :explode: There are a lot of people on the streets who need to be confined and treated.:cry::brokenheart:

Tere: I think that diuretics would help to get rid of edema. After that, the hard work of weight loss will begin. I hope your son’s health and weightloss is closely supervised by his doctor until he gets healthier.:flowerforyou:

Heather: DS gives prompt thank yous, but DD does not. When I send her things I have to call to find out whether she received them. :grumble: I guess her mama didn’t raise her right. :blushing:

Advice to newbies: The most productive things for weight loss are to log your food, move more, and drink plenty of water. In our cases, DH & I always ate healthy foods but ate too much. Portion control is what helped us lose the weight and for that we have to measure our food. We weigh it on a food scale or measure it with measuring cups. While trying to lose weight we measured every bite and swallow. We still measure nearly everything.:flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

First ... let me share that DS is on his THIRD headache free day this week!! This is near miraculous given the last 12-18 months we've had. Don't know if it's the Botox or the elimination diet. Probably a combination of both. The griping about the limited food choices ended yesterday when he realized there might be something to the migraine triggers in his food!! Yay!

I, however, am now a slave to the kitchen. Everything from scratch! There just aren't enough pre-made grocery items that my son can have right now. But, if more headache free days are the result ... I'll stand in the kitchen all day!! Never in my life have I purchased beef bones from the butcher, but I did this week so I could make homemade beef stock. Kind of impressed myself! House smelled delicious too. We like things with gravy and because we have a lot of deer in the freezer, we like to add beef broth for flavor. Store bought ... even those that said no MSG ... are a no-no. Other ingredients or hidden MSG are still in them. And I'm trying to bake with white whole wheat flour ... the all-purpose flour has malt-barley which is suspect for migraine sufferrers. I'm going to have to work on this ... because my bake goods are coming out way too dense ... ok, the spice cake was more like a spice brick.

I haven't been tracking as I should and my plateau is still hanging in there with me. Back on track today and as things get easier here .. I hope ...I plan to get back to my strength training. Arms are getting way too "jiggly." I really think that my best chance at success is watching calories and exercising (both cardio and strength training).

Our pool is still NOT open ... but pump and motor assembly arrived today so husband promised to work on it this weekend. Really need to get rid of that yucky cover and I was hoping to make more use of the pool this year.

Katla: Thanks, I’ll look for the Herb Ox. Often something says “No MSG added” and then there’s an ingredient that is indeed processed glutamate … like natural flavors or maltodextrin or yeast extract …. Sigh

Meg … just so sorry your daughter is causing you so much grief …

Michele … all that yard work and then exercise … my mother would say that “someday, all they’re going to find of you is a grease spot.” Amazing energy!

Patty … Heather’s advice is spot on! But it does take effort and time … then again, you’re worth it!!

Rita … a doctor is only as good as his staff … good decision to move on.

Jane … hoping you’re feeling better by now.

Sherry … welcome! I like the quote! And I keep getting rid of all the big clothes. I have very little in my closet right now but that’s ok. It scares me to think of gaining the weight back and having to buy big sizes again … because all the big clothes are gone and I hate the idea of spending money on them again ... I'm cheap. Not to mention big clothes make you feel “smaller” than you are. A fitted pair of pants gets tight after eating too much … makes me pay attention.

Tere … let me know how the swimsuit search goes. I have to find one soon and it is my most dreaded item to shop for! I just look for the one that looks the least awful… I’m not a medical professional, but I too would think that you’re looking at a lot of water weight right now … especially if he’s being compliant with his diet and restrictions.

Jb … so glad that Mariah has the family she does! Continuing to pray.

Gloria … you have to do what works for you. I have friends that swear gluten-free is their answer. Others go the paleo route or “clean.” You know what will your lifestyle will support. All of these things work for people, because we're all different. Glad to hear you aren’t giving up.

Calliope610 … Wow! Congratulations! You look fabulous!

Joyce … that is great news! I wouldn’t have sat down without the proper recognition of the hard work either. After all the harping they do ... they owe us their applause too!

Have a great afternoon!
    Beth
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday:smile: . Hope the sun is shining at your house. It is going to be in the upper 80's today and I am walking home from work today:drinker: . I got back an answer from fitbit on wearing the wrist one in the swimming pool. They said flex can be worn in swimming pools and salt water up to 10 meters, but it was not designed to accurately track the distance you travel while in the water. They recommend manually logging our swimming activity. So that is good to know.

Meg--hope you are feeling better. Hope it gets worked out with DD#!. :flowerforyou:

Sylvia--your trip sounds like fun. Sometimes doing something new is just what we need to get out of our rut. We are planning a motorcycle trip up to blackhills and end up at 3 day christen concert. Never done anything like that before as will be traveling with a group. Looking forward to it.

bebubble--great weight loss.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Joyce--I want to go on the Canada part of your trip as I have wanted to go there for years. When DH and I were dating we talked about moving to Canada to get away from his exs. But would not of been fair for the kids so we stayed.:cry:

Heather--so glad to hear the window is fixed. What a terrible time you have had getting that done.

Sherry--I have been donating my cloths when they get to big. At first it was so hard and I was so scared, what would I wear when the weight comes back. But I know that this is a lifestyle change and not going to gain it back. So I will keep logging my food and weigh in once a week for the rest of my life.Giving things away the first time I had a panic attack. Now I find everytime I go into the store I look at clothes. So nice to have a choice as not just buying the biggest size and hope it is not to tight.

Allison--I keep you in my prayers daily. I know what you mean about a trip with DH's exs. We have to do that sometimes for the grandchildren and I just smile and try not to stress eat. Sometimes easier said then done. One day at a time.

yanniejannie--your room with the teddy bears sounds so pretty.

Gail--hope your boss is better soon. Let me know how that thunder shirt works out. I saw them in Sam's and thought about getting one for our little teacup as he gets so upset when it storms.

Girls I want to go on the cruise also. I have wanted to go on one for years, Just never figured out the cost and when. But that is on my bucket list.:happy:

tere-I know acouple years ago I swelled up with fuild and ended up in ER. They gave me some pills to get rid of it and I lost over 20 pounds in acouple days and then I was dizzy and almost passed out. They dicided I lost to much to fast so they cut back on the pills and had me drinking calorie free gaterade.all I could stand. Prayers for him that this all gets worked out.
    Well time to get some work done and get ready for the walk home. I am off on Friday and hoping to work in my rock garden. I have it about one third done. I have to stop putting it off, Have a great rest of the day.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! It's all downhill from here!

I felt so good this morning! We went to the Y and I did the treadmill and the weight machines, then came home and had breakfast, then put miracle gro on my garden, then power-walked three miles! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my fitbit! When I finished I hurried home to check my stats! Hubby grumbled slightly when I got it (he hates to spend money) but now he's singing a different tune. Maybe we will wind up getting one for him too.

I checked my bp before my power walk and it was 143/67. At the end of my walk it was 148/51. I could tell I was starting to feel it, being a little light headed. Of course I took my meds after breakfast, so that is certainly part of it. More fuel to talk to the cardiologist about on the 24th.

Pamala, my ticker says 362 days, so I'm almost one year on MFP. Can't believe it's been that long, but it sure has been worthwhile. I couldn't have come this far without it.

Jill and Vicki, wouldn't it be fun to book a cruise as a group? Just us over 50 ladies. I've never been on a cruise, but I'd go on that one.

Sherry, I just gave away two huge tubs of my big clothes, and I'm so glad I did. Like you, I used to hold onto them just in case, but I always slid back to my old ways, possibly because I knew I had those clothes waiting like old friends. Now I say, dump them and don't look back!

Joyce and Terre, sure, come along on our trip. It'll be fun! We will all meet at Katla's house.

Joyce, our decision was between the PNW and Maine, since we've never been either place. Next year maybe Maine. We went to Vermont a few years ago and it was wonderful.

Terre, fingers crossed for your son. It's not good to lose too fast. Hopefully the doc is keeping an eye on him.

Katla, Yes, I certainly want to see the beaches. I've heard so much about them. And that Saturday market too. And I love ferry rides! We have one of those National Park passes (for over 60 folks) that let us in all the national parks for free, so we will have to see those. And Mt. St. Helens. I told hubby that there is so much to see and do that we can't possibly do it all in one trip, so we will just have to do what we can and then plan another trip.

Cleo, welcome and good luck with your lower sodium goals. I'm on low sodium too, and it makes a huge difference. I think it helped me lose weight because the food doesn't taste as good!

Janwheat, welcome! You've set good goals. Keep coming back here and let us know how you are doing.

Cynthia, I love Temple Grandin too. I used to have really bad migraines and after I read her book started piling heavy things on my head when I was lying down, to squeeze my head like the cows in her book. It actually helped. I think a tight hat would help too, but I haven't had many migraines lately to try it.

MB9129, if you post on this thread, then go to My Topics, you see the thread there. On the right side is the name of the person who posted to the thread last. Click on the link that says "view" and that last post will come up. I usually work my way backwards through the new posts till I get to my own last post, then go forward again so I didn't miss anything. By the way, what can we call you besides MB9129? And what part of the world are you from?

Beth, good news about your son and his headaches! Hope this continues!

I'm at my desk waiting for word from a sales rep who is discussing my drawings at a meeting and she may need me to make revisions for her while she waits, so here I am, waiting. Not fun, but I can use the time to catch up on my favorite thread!

Later ladies!

Sylvia
  • gmom316
    gmom316 Posts: 244
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

DS Update: My darling DS reported that according to the doctor he has lost 51 pounds in 2 weeks. The doctor told him he was losing too fast! DS said they have him on some strong diuretics and had estimated that he had somewhere between 75 to 100 pounds of fluid weight when he left the hospital. I am not sure but if you have someone on diuretics and sodium restricted diet and they are grossly obese at 465 pounds, you would expect the extreme fluid weight loss.:grumble: What do you guys think?

Tere in Richmond VA

Tere my unprofessional opinion is that if there is a large fluid build up, that might not be too fast for someone his size. After I had Aaron, I had considerable fluid build up. After I stopped one of the post c-section pain meds I peed out 16 pounds of water in less than a week....and I only weighed about 175ish.

Perhaps a 2nd opinion??

While I haven't been posting much, I have been thinking of you both quite often. Stay strong.

xo Gloria in Metro Detroit
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Here is the joke for the day:

:happy:

A tour bus driver drives with a bus full of seniors down a highway, when a little old lady taps him on his shoulder. She offers him a handful of almonds, which he gratefully munches up.

After approx.15 minutes, she taps him on his shoulder again and she hands him another handful of almonds. She repeats this gesture about eight times.

At the ninth time he asks the little old lady why they don't eat the almonds themselves, whereupon she replies that it is not possible because of their old teeth, they are not able to chew them. "Why do you buy them then?" he asks puzzled. Whereupon the old lady Answers, "We just love the chocolate around them."

:laugh:
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ok. Here I am again. It's been a hard 90 days. I've done it all right and have been shocked that I've lost nothing, and in fact gained. Trying to evaluate what was different this time and the only thing I could figure out was that I was on high doses of ibuprofen since breaking my ribs. Sure enough when I researched it there is a history of weight gain associated with the doses I was taking. So I went off it and did Nutrisystem for a week (just so no one could say I was counting my calories wrong). Here is my week. Now tomorrow morning I had better see a loss. I was back up to 184 (but didn't add it back in., I'll post my weight tomorrow.

NutrisystemWeek_zps09baab47.jpg
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's been one of those days...I got home from zumba and there was water all over the hallway. I asked my oblivious dh what was going on. He didn't even realize there was water...even though it was seeping into the room where he was working on his computer. Seems something happened with a pipe in the bathroom and water was flowing out and running everywhere. We shut the water to the house off...soaked up water with every towel I own...got the shop vac out...and are still waiting for the plumber at 6:30 pm. (I'm sure glad fast food places have bathrooms! Just wish I wouldn't hit every single red light between here and there.!!)

When the plumber finally gets here, we'll find out what kind of damage we are looking at. Unfortunately, we had a major flood in a different part of the house just 2 years ago. The insurance company isn't looking too kindly on paying another claim. In fact, they will probably cancel us if we do that. The whole thing is giving me a head ache.

On the other hand, I read about so many other problems here that are more important than this. I'm especially thinking of JB's little niece. So I think I can be thankful, too, that it's only possessions that are involved.

Eileen near beautiful San Diego
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies! Just a quick note to let you know that I am still in the land of the living. I decided last night that one of the things I CAN control is my food intake so I did much better both nutritionally and calorie wise. The knee is still too sensitive to really walk much, but I'm trying to increase that, too.

House stuff is progressing SLOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLYYYYY! I am so ready to not have wet paint anymore! This thing has become much like the children's book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"!! One thing leads to another to another to another!

My parents arrive on Friday for the boy child's graduation. They said they were staying only one night and I sorta hope they stick with that. I need to get this house finished and I will be losing both Friday afternoon and Saturday which are my main times to get things done. For the first time, they are having to stay in a hotel because the house is so upside down.

The boy child leaves Sunday morning for a mission trip and will be gone for the entire week. I REALLY need him to get his stuff done in the house so that I can get MY stuff done that has to follow his.

So, I'm sure you're sick not hearing about the house. I do think it will look great when it's finished. I've read everyone's posts and am keeping up with you but just have no time to post.

Carol in stormy NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sylvia, now that I think about it, I didn’t start walking Brandy and Sasha until they were several years old and when I started, I just walked them for about twenty minutes in the early morning, took them to the off-leash dog park in the afternoon and took longer walks by myself…..it would be challenging to walk an active puppy like Bruno.

:flowerforyou: Michele, I have a hard time finding bras---I’m small and don’t like the underwire…..I found some at JC Penney awhile ago and kept the tag so I can order more online when I need them.

:flowerforyou: Kim, I kept most of my lost weight off since 2009. I got down to 110 pounds which was my dream and then the doctor and the gyn nurse practitioner both told me that I was too thin and needed to gain some of the weight back……it was terrifying to do that but now my weight stays between 122 and 124 but when I saw the gyn nurse for my annual checkup she told me to gain another pound. One of the decisions I made when I started this journey was to find my recreation and entertainment somewhere other than at the dining room table so I do very little recreational eating any more.

:flowerforyou: Sherry, I kept one pair of pants in my original big size to remind me of what it used to be like and gave everything else away.

:flowerforyou: Tere, it doesn’t surprise me at all that your son has lost a lot of weight very fast…..it will slow down after this initial drop and he’ll stay healthy if he’s eating healthy foods……thanks for the idea about steaming the cole slaw with a bit of olive oil

:flowerforyou: Cleo58, you have come to the right place to get the support and encouragement you need to reinvent your life.

:flowerforyou: Janwheat---keep coming back and join the conversation and you’ll soon feel like part of the family.

:bigsmile: Heather, congrats on getting the window fixed---it seems like the problem has been dragging on for years

:flowerforyou: I have lived in the PNW for a long time (north coastal California for thirty years and NW Washington for almost ten) and whenever we drive somewhere and are enjoying the beautiful scenery, we remind each other that many of the people on the road are on vacation and seeing the sights for the first time.

:flowerforyou: One of the dances we learned at the workshop is the right difficulty for my beginner class so I’ll be teaching it on Friday. We did one of the workshop dances in class today and we’ll do another one tomorrow.

:bigsmile: We hired a woman today to power wash the house along with the windows, driveway, sidewalks, and deck and clean the gutters and blow the leaves and needles off the roof. She did such a great job that Jake gave her big tip on top of the very reasonable price she charged. It was noisy and the dogs barked a bit while she was here.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

:bigsmile: 22,000 steps today
    some yard work, a lot of time at the computer, and a great line dance class

My word for 2014 is “mindful”

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi gals! I ended up staying home again today as my headache was back this morning. Now the sore throat is back…bleh! I worked on the book some, napped, and made lots of appointments. Basically it was a quiet day but I did manage to get a 1 ½ mile walk in and lift weights.

DH’s meeting with Tanya went ok last night. They talked about many things, but the bottom line was that we were going to start asking her to leave when she starts acting up and she said she understood. She and the BF are supposed to come over Sunday so we will see how it goes.

Barbie: I love those Morningstar burgers! I’ll have to try Marie’s coleslaw dressing; the stores around here quit carrying Produce partners dry mix.

Sylvia: I’ll let you know how Sunday goes with DD#1 who is not so DD right now! LOL

Michele: I saw some guy shoveling mulch today on my walk and though of you and that rock! I’ll remember your quotation for when I want to kill Tanya!

Kim: DD#2 also thinks Tanya and the BF are hiding something at home. Of course she thinks they have a crack house but I doubt that. I just think she is too immature to realize that you invite people to your home. Maybe it’s because the mother really pays for it so it’s not really theirs. Hope you get some nice rest tonight; it’s supposed to be down to 48 here tomorrow night! Yay! Windows open!

Bebubble: it’s nice to see those changes, isn’t it?

DeeDee: I bet you will be so glad when all the remodeling is done and everything looks new and wonderful!

Sherry: purge! It feels great!

Alison: being kind to yourself and not stressing is a great idea. I agree…I think this country has a major problem. We are the only first world country with this kind of violence and people just seem to accept it. There was a shooting at the girls’ high school when DD#1 was a sophomore. I remember standing in this church parking lot in the winter weather while the church staff supplied us with hot coffee and oddly enough, salad. We were there for hours waiting for our kids to be allowed to come out.

Yanniejannie: BLTs! I will have to put those on the menu for next week since I’m done with the menu starting Friday YUM great idea

47Jacqueline: I go to aqua zumba Monday nights and really enjoy it.

Gail: I’m interested in how the thunder shirt works so let us know when you get a strong one. Poor puppy!

Jill: I’m always up for a cruise!!!

Tere: being an old ER and cardiac nurse, I’d say that weight loss was right on target with all the extra fluid he had on board. OF course it should not keep up that way, but getting all that extra fluid off was the thing to do. I’ve seen people lose 5-10 pounds over night!

Cleo: welcome aboard. I agree that planning is the key

Jan: welcome to you too

Jane: thanks and hope you are doing well too after the procedure

Heather; dinner sounds delish! We have ant problems too and they do a job on the plants

Mb9129: welcome but I don’t know the answer to your question

Katla: great advise to the newbies!

Beth: so glad for the migraine free days~ What a blessing. I’ve made a few loaves of bread that were like bricks!!!

Vicki: it sounds like we both will be having fabulous weather this week!

Gloria: nice to see you!

Wessecg: Carol??? I think that was your name. So nice to see you again. You have been missed. Let us know about your weight!!!

Eileen: I hear you about the flood. Our basement flooded from the same pipe breaking inside the house twice in a row. I’m sure the insurance company was not happy either but at least they didn’t increase our rates!

Carol: I’m sure you will be very happy when that house is all done!

Well I’m heading to bed early tonight. Take care to all. Meg from Omaha home of the college world series which starts this week!