Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• tmorris54
    tmorris54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 4'11"; I started back awhile ago; but was in the hospital for about a month. I am just starting back and I have about 65 lbs to go. I have to say I am a couch potato, and my job is sitting at a desk all day. I am going to start out slow and do the stairs in the mornings it's about 3 flights. Always could use help to keep me going.

1895929.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vallyj
    vallyj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty at 5'2 and a half! :) Feel free to add me, I have 50lbs to lose. Would love to know what everyone is keeping their calories in at? I set my settings at 1200cals/day. I eat some of my cals back from exercise but not all...any advice? Is this correct? Has this worked for others?
  • LisaNR2
    LisaNR2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5' and have learned that just a few pounds can make a big difference on such a short frame. I currently have a goal of 120lbs.
  • ns2183
    ns2183 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey i'm 5'3 and need to lose 50lbs - feel free to add me :happy: :happy:
  • Swtsassy65
    Swtsassy65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: I am 5 2 with a lot of weight to lose. Feel free to add me
  • theflamingpopsicle
    theflamingpopsicle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 (5'1 and 3/4 if you wanna get really technical, but I bump it up because it makes me feel taller :tongue: ) and want to lose 30 pounds. :smile:
  • theflamingpopsicle
    theflamingpopsicle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty at 5'2 and a half! :) Feel free to add me, I have 50lbs to lose. Would love to know what everyone is keeping their calories in at? I set my settings at 1200cals/day. I eat some of my cals back from exercise but not all...any advice? Is this correct? Has this worked for others?

MFP set me at 1270 net calories a day. It's too early to tell if it's working for me, but I do try to eat back my exercise calories. I'm having trouble eating all of my calories back though since I eat mostly healthy foods.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9, only looking to lose about 6 pounds. I used to wayyyy overeat but now, I'm trying to eat proper portions and calories for my size... Add me and let's support each other!
  • LadyMalady
    LadyMalady Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and 170 lb. I would be so happy if I can ever make it to 130 lb, let alone any lower. I've always been overweight and gave MFP a try several times before coming back here today again. Feel free to add me. I really need some motivation!
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I haven't introduced myself to the forms or anything, but I have been on for a month (or something like that). I hope to have and bring motivation and find support. I weight 200lb and I am 5'2. I don't understand my body type my first goal weight is to be 160. Then hopefully 123.
  • shirleycoale
    shirleycoale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft now, at age 70, I've shrunk a little. I weighed in at my Dr. two weeks ago at 241.5. I started MFP that day and gave myself a Fitbit Flex for my birthday last week. Today I actually made 4000 steps! wonderful for me. I've also lost 5.4 lbs in two weeks. I figure some of that is water weight and it will be going slower. I hate the whole thing. I've been a couch potato since I retired in '09 and know I need to get up and move, but its never been my thing. But logging my food has made me much more concious of what I'm eating. I was at Cost-co yesterday and walked by all the food demo areas without tasting anything. Wow! Anyway, I'd welcome support and sharing from others whether short or not. Thanks
  • caseyrh9
    caseyrh9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    5'1 (or at least that's what I tell people ;) ) Looking to lose the weight I gained at college this year (dining hall food...yuck) and then a little more. I'm aiming for 115 or so but I'm more focused on the mirror and the way my clothes fit than anything :) Feel free to add me!
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 2" and looking to lose 35 pounds already lost 35pounds so half way to goal:)
  • yvonneangelgoh
    yvonneangelgoh Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am about 5 ft 3. Weight 149 pounds and trying to lose 40lbs
  • magnifiquee
    magnifiquee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    5'1 I'm 18!

Feel free to add fellow shortiesss! :^)
  • LeafyEdge
    LeafyEdge Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many women on here have target weights under 110 pounds? I had a started weight of 120 pounds which seams to he the goal weight of a lot of people. As an adult I have generally been on the average to light side of a healthy BMI however I have never calorie counted before so I am quite suprised at the diets of other people (not a negative thing, just even before attempting to lose weight I wouldn't have consumed the same amount). I am not promoting low cal diets etc but just curious how women with petite build/under 5"3 can eat close to 2000 cals with what seems to be minimal/average exercise still lose weight quite consistency?
    I think it's hard for me to imagine what I'll look like at 120. It seems so far away, so that's why it's my goal-ish for now. Once I get down there, I may very well lower that goal. There's just something about the idea of being 100 pounds that scares me! But maybe that's my denial that I'm that overweight, haha.
  • QueenKori
    QueenKori Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started to use this app today.

5 feet tall at 262 lbs.
    My goal is to be 145 lbs
    But my ultimate weight is to be 128 lbs.
    Feel free to add me, us short girls need to stick together, motivate and help each other!
  • Ashley6278
    Ashley6278 Posts: 46
    Options
    I feel like us short girls have a harder time losing weight, And we have to get down to a low number to not be considered obese or overweight in the doctors eyes when they pull out there stupid bmi charts! Im 5'2 started out at 188 now 152, my goal is 125-135, anyone in my boat feel free to add me for support!
  • bjonesgaba
    bjonesgaba Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Beth. I am 5'2", 220lbs. I just started MFP this week and am looking for friends and encouragement! So feel free to add me.
  • leahmunroe0724
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (if I round up by a quarter of an inch :wink: ) my starting weight was 120 and I'm currently 110 but I want to get back to 100, which is only a few pounds off of my lowest weight