Short Gals (under 5'3) unite!

Options

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I am 5'' 2", my goal is 130, but I may change it, when I am at 135, in a little over 10 lbs. more down i am going to re-evaluate.

I weighed 120 in high school and I was really small and skinny. I have always weighed more as I am very muscular, so we will see, the bikini will tell, when I look good in that...done.
  • leahmunroe0724
    Options
    I was wondering how many women on here have target weights under 110 pounds? I had a started weight of 120 pounds which seams to he the goal weight of a lot of people. As an adult I have generally been on the average to light side of a healthy BMI however I have never calorie counted before so I am quite suprised at the diets of other people (not a negative thing, just even before attempting to lose weight I wouldn't have consumed the same amount). I am not promoting low cal diets etc but just curious how women with petite build/under 5"3 can eat close to 2000 cals with what seems to be minimal/average exercise still lose weight quite consistency?
    my starting weight was 120 as well but I don't eat 2000 cals because I don't do enough exercise to lose or maintain at that haha but I'm sure it can be done! my goal is 1200 cals but I usually don't eat that many unfortunately
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I was wondering how many women on here have target weights under 110 pounds? I had a started weight of 120 pounds which seams to he the goal weight of a lot of people. As an adult I have generally been on the average to light side of a healthy BMI however I have never calorie counted before so I am quite suprised at the diets of other people (not a negative thing, just even before attempting to lose weight I wouldn't have consumed the same amount). I am not promoting low cal diets etc but just curious how women with petite build/under 5"3 can eat close to 2000 cals with what seems to be minimal/average exercise still lose weight quite consistency?
    my starting weight was 120 as well but I don't eat 2000 cals because I don't do enough exercise to lose or maintain at that haha but I'm sure it can be done! my goal is 1200 cals but I usually don't eat that many unfortunately
    That does not sound healthy at all. You need 1200 just for basic function, and if you are that low weight now, you are probably chowing down on your muscle, and if you keep it up your organs can also be damaged...exercising or not!

i just upped my calories to 1700/day because weight was coming off too fast at 1600 (btw my profile pic is not what I look like now, that was 39 lbs. down, I am now 54 lbs. down, and gaining on my goal). You sound like you are starving yourself, not a good way to go...sorry if it sounds preachy but seriously, think about your life and what damaging your body can mean for your future.

Why don't you girls learn to lift weights and get a healthy and toned body that won't damage your heart or other organs, then you won't have to regret it later.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5, 2 and 130 is my goal (unfortunately gained a lot when I started the pill, wasn't very skinny to begin with but it didn't help ._.), once I reach it, I'll see how I feel about my body and whether I need to lose more, or tone up... I think ideally it's good my height to be between 8-10 stone
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2 almost 5'3
  • woolspinner65
    woolspinner65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 136 pounds. My goal is to weigh 125. Myfitnesspal has helped me see the mistakes in my day and things I can to do reach my goal. For example, just eliminating the lance peanut butter crackers would keep me within my 1200 cal limit per day. Also, I attended a wedding and really wanted to eat the wedding cake. I actually would have been close to my calorie limit if I had not eaten the 2 iced cookies that were the wedding favors! Tomorrow is Father's Day and so I'm going to make a plan to have a small dessert and pass up all the premeal junk food. When you are 5'3", even losing 5 pounds can make a visual difference. Good luck to everyone!
  • perseverance14
    Options
    I don't do the MFP calories method anymore. I started out with it, but after I started lifting weights I went to TDEE - 20% which for me was 1600 cals./day. I was losing too fast on that so now I went to TDEE -15%, which for me is 1700 cals./day, have to see how that works.

I highly recommend lifting weights (heavy ones, free weights), if you are eating in a deficit it is not possible to bulk up, but you will get toned and burn the fat, but lifting helps you keep your muscle, and muscle is what makes you look toned.
  • mylifejourney2find
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2 and I started @ 141.6. Reached today down 136.2
    I have been eating the Atkins Diet and just started Exercising
    Not a Techy person so I log my food and exercise and write My Blog on my Page.
    Took a while to get serious about the Atkins, but now it is finally make a drop in weight.
    carbs for me are my enemy!
    The Atkins is very tasty and easy to pick and choose different meals, bars, shakes!
    Target weight about 125, but if I reach 115 I would be where I want to be.
  • lovevonmaur
    Options
    Hi, my name is MiAh, I'm only 4'10" and have lost 15 pounds since joining MFP in March, add me as a friend.
  • woolspinner65
    woolspinner65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To: mylifejourney: I just noticed that this was your first post. I also posted something for the first time today. Good luck to you!
  • OysterKat
    OysterKat Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 169 lbs
    Let's be friends!!!!!
  • rawkkvixen88
    rawkkvixen88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm short!!! Lol
  • nataliegunther12
    nataliegunther12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Natalie. I joined a while ago but in truth I'm really just starting now. I'm not quite 5' and weigh 190. Honestly I'm not sure what my ultimate goal weight will be. I want to get down to at least 150 before I actually start thinking about it as otherwise seems too unachievable! Could sure buddies for mutual support and motivation. And if could find a workout buddy in the Cary NC area that would be terrific as I know otherwise I'll keep finding all the excuses of why I can't do it that day!
  • mobaypop
    mobaypop Posts: 15
    Options
    I have just re started with MFP. I am 5ft and weigh 195ibs my goal is 138lbs. I need support to make sure I weigh in each week and don't avoid the scales!!!!

I would love to have other shorties as diet pals :smile:
  • Lknut2650
    Lknut2650 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'1" and have beed losing weight since Jan. I started at 172 and am down to 155. I would also like to weigh 130. I'm not sure people understand how hard it is to lose weight when you are so short. Would love to stay connected!
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    4'11" here, heaviest around 185...now hovering somewhere around 159 and having a really hard time getting lower than that! Goal weight is around 130, higher than my 'recommended weight for height', but I think that's kind of B.S. anyway as I have a pretty large frame. Started losing seriously in Jan of this year.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I'm 5'2 and weight 113 lb.
    Looking for friends with 20% bf or less.,trying to lose bf.
    Anyone please add me!
  • Rubyew
    Rubyew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    So I think I am the heaviest shorty!! 202lbs as off today. Would like to lose 28lbs and then see if I can carry on. Need friends! :)
  • Nina_Bees
    Nina_Bees Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently at 205. A few years ago I was the same, and managed to reach my goal weight of 110. Then, due to health issues and being sedentary I gained it all back. Now I'm back in business and motivated to do it all over again (and maintain it!).

Motivational friends would be greatly appreciated. I'm new here, not so sure how things work, but I'd love to get to know people on the same boat.
  • spiderweb12
    Options
    Hiya! Im 5"0 and 150lbs - the goal is 130, still not the ideal weight for my height but would be more than happy with that! been trying to lose weight for just over a month now with no real luck :( so far, just been concentrating on the exercise side of things - going to the gym 2-3 times a week. need to seriously think about eating clean now! im guessing its pretty impossible to do it on exercise alone??