Your most dangerous food (mine almost got me shot)

Options

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I ate three Twinkies last night. I might have just as well ate raw sugar.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a wild story!! :-D

My worst is probably cookies & milk. I don't buy or eat it very often...I do indulge in tons of other delicious sweets regularly (couple of times per week). But when I have a package of Oreos or Chips Ahoy cookies and a half gallon of milk in the house at the same time, it drives me freakin' nuts and I keep going in and getting a couple more, time after time.

A couple of years ago I got a divorce and moved to this executive studio apartment and in my fridge there were like 5-6 healthy foods and some milk. In the cabinet, just a package of Oreos or Chips Ahoy. At all times. For a few weeks I basically lived on those, and forced down some veggies and protein to not be a complete sloth...lol. TOTAL comfort food for me. That was before MFP though!

Since joining MFP last March (2013) I haven't bought a big package. I've just grabbed the roll packets 2-3 times, which have like ten or so (?) cookies. Those never lasted more than a day or so. But if I didn't have milk, I could leave them unopened for weeks with no problem...gotta have the MILK for dunking, too.

I think I dreamed about cookies dipped in milk last night.

Probably why I woke up 4 pounds heavier.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Nutella. If I know it is in the house, whether it is mine or my flatmates, I cannot help myself to having it. One spoonful will never be enough and I will always go back to where it is until it is gone by the end of the day as I know it is there in the back of my mind. Cannot believe they recommend this stuff to children. Thus anyone I live with or when I home with the folks, I have to warn them never ever buy this stuff or it will be gone and they find me in a chocolate coma.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Meat lover's pizza. Even better if I can get it in a stuffed crust option.

Or at Hound Dog's (local joint) where they coat the crust in garlic butter and parmesan....Mmmmmmmmmmmm
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake is very dangerous for me. If I'm anywhere near it, it won't end well.
    I'd have to say as far as desert goes cheese cake is the most dangerous for me.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake is very dangerous for me. If I'm anywhere near it, it won't end well.
    Well I would have thought your most dangerous food would have pink cupcakes. Mine is definately pizza!
  • gfrogel
    gfrogel Posts: 14
    Options
    Yes! Sea salt and vinegar is my favorite! Whole bag gone in two days :'(
    114x190_rsp_ssv_162x267.jpg
    My next victim....muhahahaaa!
  • mollyvgrace
    mollyvgrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My most dangerous food is any food that I obbsessively eat too much of. Right now its carrots. They are super healthy right? Wrong...too much of anything is not going to be helpful. Carrots have roughly 5-6 grams of sugar per helping and plenty of carbohydrates and I probably eat about 10 servings a day. Everytime I get hungry I crave them because I can crunch away (MINDLESS SNACKING IS DANGEROUS) without "believing" that I'm taking in any calories. Carrots are low calorie compared to some other foods but I know I'm going past my limit. It used to be pretzels. Plus, a part of me is scared that eating so many carrots will either rupture something internally or...it's already messed with my digestive system.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake. . yeah, but there's also Caramel Cake. .

th?&id=HN.607986645668792034&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

How many times have I almost bought some in the last two months, I can't recall
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chips and anything you can dip a chip in.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    i can eat a jar in a week without trying

if i was trying, i could probably eat two in a day
  • myecho88
    myecho88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My danger food is cheese, anything with melted cheese on it I will shovel it into my face until I hate myself. I love red meat and potato chips too. I used to eat an entire bag of chips before a dinner of just steak with no sides, no vegetables or anything as a kid. I was like 12. It still amazes me that im not 400 pounds. And I would drink gallons of raspberry iced tea snapple if it the sugar didnt cause diabetes and weight gain.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be chips and salsa or chips and guac. I love it and I can't stop myself. We don't eat mexican food often because of the ole diet, but when we do.... Ah the cravings for those crispy chips and yummy salsa...
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes. Even as a child at Thanksgiving I always filled half of my plate with mashed potatoes. My siblings used to kid me and call me the "mashed potato queen".

And it didn't have to be great homemade mashed potatoes, when I was depressed or anxious I used to buy a box of Potato Buds and make 5-6 serving size and sit down in front of the TV with that giant bowl of mashed potatoes with plenty of butter and salt.

Makes me kind of sick now just thinking about doing that. And with my recent, May 12, diagnosis of just over the threshold for diabetes, I am carb counting and mashed potatoes are not going to be a good food choice for me anymore. I'm not on any meds and my doctor told me that if I could lose 10 pounds by my next visit at the end of August,

So I'm not saying that I'll never eat mashed potatoes again, but since I don't think a normal 1/2 serving would ever be sufficient, I'm opting out for now.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Did I mention Tiramisu? I probably did, but it doesn't really matter. I used to get a giant container of it in Costco and I could eat it all by myself !!!! :drinker:
  • KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cake or Coke!

Just was introduced to Krispy Kreme donuts this past weekend -- hot and freshly made. I just took one bite and said, "not even going to waste my calories I just burned." I was very proud, but that could be dangerous and it's a good thing I don't live close to that store!!
  • KelleP
    KelleP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Costco has that chicken salad with the craisins, pecans, etc. -- YUM!

Now I'm hungry... let me go get some yummy carrot sticks and stare at my bathing suit!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    The most dangerous food for me is pizza. I'm sure this is a common danger food. But it has been really dangerous for me.

I used to get an extra large combination pizza from my favorite pizza place. This pizza included sliced salami, pepperoni, Canadian bacon, linguica, ground beef and sausage, olives, mushrooms, and bell peppers. It was about 300 calories per slice and it was awesome.

I usually picked an extra large pizza after work and put it on the passenger seat and drove home. While driving I figured I could eat one slice. One became two, and then three, and then before I knew it half the pizza was gone. What kind of glutenous brute would eat more than half of an extra large pizza on the way home? Not I. So what I did at this point was pick the toppings from the other half. Ended up home with a half of a cheese pizza. And then ate a couple of cheese slices for good measure.

This happened so many times that I ended up putting the pizza in the trunk so my wife wouldn't end up with my defiled pizza slices. :laugh:

But what made me realize that I needed an intervention was when I was going to pick up the pizza and noticed a police barricade around the block where the pizza store was located. I guess they were looking for some suspect. They weren't going to stop me from my pizza so I squeezed passed the police cars. I ended up with police officers unholstering their sidearms and telling me to stop. I put both hands on the steering wheel right away to be on the safe side. They checked my car and looked into my trunk and they finally let me go. Then I got the pizza and was on my merry way.

I knew pizza was dangerous. But I had no idea it was THAT dangerous. Thankfully I have now mastered a zen level of control where I can eat "only" 2 or 3 pizza slices.

So, what is your danger food? :drinker:
    You're very funny! I thought this was going to be about eating while driving and almost getting killed. They have laws for cell phones, too many teens in a car at the same time, etc. etc. Now they need some for eating in the car, putting on mascara (ouch, yea I stopped that long ago...a poke in the eye will do it!), coffee spilling, etc.

Enjoyed your story and I do understand, not pizza but other things, fast food can be a killer in more ways than one.

My plan is to keep a clean car, no junk wrappers and no food smells inside. Wish me luck!:smokin:

Cheers for a great day, you made me smile... I was needing one:wink::drinker:

Mashed potatoes. Even as a child at Thanksgiving I always filled half of my plate with mashed potatoes. My siblings used to kid me and call me the "mashed potato queen".

And it didn't have to be great homemade mashed potatoes, when I was depressed or anxious I used to buy a box of Potato Buds and make 5-6 serving size and sit down in front of the TV with that giant bowl of mashed potatoes with plenty of butter and salt.

Makes me kind of sick now just thinking about doing that. And with my recent, May 12, diagnosis of just over the threshold for diabetes, I am carb counting and mashed potatoes are not going to be a good food choice for me anymore. I'm not on any meds and my doctor told me that if I could lose 10 pounds by my next visit at the end of August,

So I'm not saying that I'll never eat mashed potatoes again, but since I don't think a normal 1/2 serving would ever be sufficient, I'm opting out for now.
    I'm so sorry for your diagnosis, I'm a T2... once you take a class or two and read up, you'll get the hang of it and it will simplify what you can eat or how much and when.

and what the HELL is it about boxed mashed potatoes?!! :laugh: :blushing: I used to do that too back in the day... wonder if it's not just plain old childhood comfort food. I'd do it with Minute Rice way back too. I now love brown rice, red potatoes.. etc., things that are a bit more healthy for me now.

You can still eat potatoes just watch the GI (glycemic index) and pick the lower ones. You'll be fine

Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/understanding-carbohydrates/glycemic-index-and-diabetes.html This might help if you're not familiar with the GI charts.
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine's always been Doritos, I can easily eat a full sharing bag to myself in about half an hour, I'm really bad with crisps in general!
    I'm also awful with pizza/fried chicken/takeaways in general. One of the reasons I became a pescetarian just so I wouldn't have the temptation!
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pizza, French Frys, and sandwiches. I cannot control myself around them.