Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Checking in after a long time..
    Doing much better. I'm one lb. away from losing 11 lbs. gained since Feb. It's been slow as I've been trying different things, some worked , others not so good. Right now, I think I'm on to something I can live with (healthy eating). Seems like common sense, but it's taken me a while to get there.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is safe from the storms and tornado that have hit the midwest. Prayers to all in these areas.
    Here is my walking information so far per my fitbit
    6/3- 2.7
    6/4- 3.95
    6/5- 6.73
    6/6- 7.25
    6/7- 2.65
    6/8- 4.17
    6/9- 4.99
    6/10- 9.29
    6/11- 4.67
    6/12- 8.25
    6/13- 5.29
    6/14- 1.07
    6/15- 3.9
    6/16- 4.7 Total 37.47 per fitbit
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

616a_zps11123745.jpg

Eat All Your Veggies Day - June 17 Five a day is just the starting point on Eat Your Vegetables Day, when you’re encouraged to make a solid attempt to eat all of your veggies. Why not go a step further by trying new or exotic vegetables, or preparing and cooking familiar favourites in new and exciting recipes? Strategically created in the middle of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, this day is the perfect opportunity to re-introduce a healthy portion of vegetables into your diet. No doubt about it, Eat Your Vegetables Day was created to promote a more healthy diet.......for life!

“You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.” ~Charles C. Noble

Tom
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5
    6/10: rest
    6/11: 17.37
    6/12: 23.08
    6/13: rest
    6/14: rest
    6/15: 2.53
    6/16: rest
    6/17: 26.07

Total: 125.67 miles
    Goal: 200 miles

Sorry I haven't posted much. I'll try my best to catch up today. Dad fell off the barn roof and shattered his knee and broken both wrists so it's been a little hectic around here.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Today was mid-week weigh in, and I'm down another 1.8 pounds, for a total of 18.8 pounds! :D SOOOO close to 20 gone, and a new book... Maybe next week?!

I'm all excited about it and I had to share. :heart:

Hope you guys are having a great day!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Aimee - sorry to read about your dad's fall - his injuries sound serious. :cry: Oh gosh. You'll be so busy taking care of him! Give him a peck on the forehead for me!

Fera - WOOT ! What a great loss! :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: Yes, time for a new book very soon! So proud of YOUR efforts, way to go!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

MEMBERS - I'm going to take over the thread now and run it to the end of this page 20 and roll it over to a new thread. Please don't post anything til I'm done, OK? Thanks.
    Robin
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE READ................................................................

- soon, we will come to the end of this current thread .- Every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the LAST post on THIS PAGE a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be IN BLUE.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE READ................................................................

- soon we will come to the end of this current thread .- Every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the LAST post on THIS PAGE a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    500 -

- soon we will come to the end of this current thread .- Every 20 pages, - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the LAST post on THIS PAGE a sentence like this :

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    Newbies, Welcome to our Thread! You can join us just by posting your comment at the end of this thread. Feel free to say what you what. We have some guidelines below and some suggestions for monthly challenges but it’s not mandatory and you can jump into the challenge at any point in the month.

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any goals you want to share with us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to ‘fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Monthly Challenge: June is a mileage challenge. You can fulfill it any way you want, because you can convert any activity into miles with the info at the bottom of this segment. Run, walk, swim, climb! Please report your “miles” in the manner below on Sunday or Monday each week, if you are participating. Laurie keeps the records and gives us all well-earned praise for our efforts!
    Here is the easy reporting format that you can copy and paste if interested in the challenge;

Goal Mileage for the Month: x Mile
    6/1= x miles
    6/2= x miles
    6/3= x miles
    6/4= x miles
    6/5=x miles

Example
    Goals for the month = 65 miles
    5/1=9 miles
    5/2= rest day
    5/3 =1 mile ( conservative estimate)
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

FYI – any 20 min. segment of aerobic exercise (i.e. swimming, walking thru mall ) counts as about 1 mile. Go for it!
    I am not sure what website converts weight training to miles but I will try to find one. I have websites that convert KM to miles. This website shows you the conversion for weight lifting to steps per minute so hope that helps. Then you set a steps goals or use X amount of steps to equal 1 mile and base your numbers on that. (Laurie)
    http://www.purdue.edu/walktothemoon/activities.html
    Good Newbie Advice On Getting Started:
    from one of our members: (OK,somebody please take responsibility (robin)

Make a list of what you will and will not do to get to your goal.
    I did this when I first started. I had 3 columns: WILL DO, WILL NOT DO and WILL TRY LATER.

I was brutally honest with myself when I made this list. Cooking from scratch or following a specific diet plan that meant I had to cook was firmly in the WILL NOT column. Also in that column was "Quit eating out." After cooking for a family for 30+ years, I am over it and knew I would need to rely on prepared foods for dinners.
    The WILL column contained things like "staying within a daily calorie goal".
    Exercise was in the LATER column.
    Based on this list, I came up with an eating plan that I felt would be sustainable for me.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Transferring this over and bumping!

6/1: 1.0
    6/2: rest
    6/3: 20.37
    6/4: rest :( it rained
    6/5: 21.35
    6/6: 5
    6/7: 1.37
    6/8: 2.53
    6/9: 5
    6/10: rest
    6/11: 17.37
    6/12: 23.08
    6/13: rest
    6/14: rest
    6/15: 2.53
    6/16: rest
    6/17: 26.07

Total: 125.67 miles
    Goal: 200 miles
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just moving my miles over and saving my spot!

June 1 - 3.5 miles
    June 2 - 3.4 miles
    June 3 - 2.4 miles
    June 4 - 1.8 miles
    June 5 - 2.8 miles
    June 6 - 3.0 miles
    June 7 - 1.8 miles
    June 8 - 0.7 miles
    June 9 - 1.4 miles
    June 10 - 2.5 miles
    June 11 - 3.0 miles
    June 12 - 2.6 miles
    June 13 - 2.5 miles
    June 14 - 3.0 miles
    June 15 - 2.8 miles
    June 16 - 1.2 miles

Total: 38.4 miles
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,108 Member
    Options
    Just following along..................best wishes to all.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump!
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Woke up with a full blown cold this morning. Dragged myself to work today anyways (which I now admit was a terrible idea). Really dissapointed that I have to take off exercise today, especially since 1230 (in calories) looks so little when all I want to do is eat soup, popsicles and popcorn and sit in bed after work. Likely won't be able to make it out tonight to get more food so I'll be living on turkey taco chili soup. There are worse things.

Hoping this doesn't stop my progress. Will check in when I'm feeling a little better!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles
    June 17 - 2 miles
    June 18 - 3 miles

Total: 30.5 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Bumping new thread
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion if I was always on vacation I'd be more fit and exercise a great deal more. So sad to be going home tomorrow.

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)
    6/17 - 6.98 (16,729 FitBit steps)

Total - 61.28
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am looking for mileage updates from Kara, Damensea, renaejae, k jeffries,, tlh, jtconst, mowmow and Susan. If you have a few minutes please update your miles from last week.

Qyueen- What is your mileage goal? I currently have you at 61.01 miles. I have checked my calculations many times and end up with the same number.

L2T- It is great that you are getting lots of exercise while on vacation. Sorry it has to end.

I hope everyone who is dealing with the severe weather is safe and that the weather calms down quickly.

Rain hope you are feeling better. You body will need some extra calories to fight the bug that is getting you right now. Eat a little more but don't over do it to much- soup sounds good.