Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to weigh a bit less right before my period hits. I also am lucky enough to not have bloating, cramps, or cravings during my TOM. :)

However, weight fluctuations around your period IS normal.
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    I usually weigh 5 lbs more, sometimes more than that if i intake too much salt. I never weigh myself during. I wait about 2 days after then i weigh myself.
  • cakesyme
    cakesyme Posts: 20
    Options
    Hahahaahaha I don't know. :D

When I hurt I just take an aspirin because my period cramps are like little fairies punching me in the gut. Doesn't hurt that much.
  • birkona
    birkona Posts: 24
    Options
    i usually end up gaining 2-5 lbs on my period......which is just water weight that will go away. i dont worry about exercising the first couple of days, cause i'm too busy dealing with cramps

Exercise usually helps reduce period cramps.
  • goblinqueen
    Options
    Hi I just started loosing weight 2 weeks ago last week I lost 5lbs through following 5:2 diet and exercise, this week I started my period and now its coming to the end of the week I have lost no weight, I've stayed the same I'm pretty frustrated as I've worked really hard this week with my calorie intake and exercise, will this be down to my period and if so will I loose the weight once I have finished my period. Thanks.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sometimes 3-5 pounds!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    yes always 2-3 pounds heavier
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yup. Water retention.
  • TorieChyann
    Options
    So glad I found this. I was going crazy trying to fingure out why I had gained about 3 pounds!!
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    yes, yes, yes. i show about 2 - 3, sometimes even 4, lb gain a couple of days before my period, through my period and sometimes up to a day or two after it. aggravating, but comforting to know that it's NOT fat gain.
  • easeintofitness
    Options
    Absolutely I am heavier during that week. I work out the same during (if possible) because physical activity helps with cramps and other symptoms.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I weigh a pound or two more today for whatever reason. But I guess overnight, I started my period.
    I am wondering if this is normal if you are on your period. I seem to be retaining more water during this time, too.
    Any advice or is this kind of thing normal?
    Also, should my exercise stay the same even though I often feel much weaker during this time?

Completely normal.
    In fact, I was so happy yesterday I was down to my lowest weight in years, then overnight I gained over a pound, then this evening it hit.
    :angry:
    If you're not feeling up to exercising, cut back, or skip a day.
    Just be careful of your calories.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    As a man it's fascinating to me women never seem to figure out how something that happens to them every single month year over year after about the age of 12 affects their bodies.
    For many of us, the idea of tracking our weight daily or weekly is a new thing, tied to the new idea that we're getting serious about losing weight.

So while we may have had an intellectual knowledge that yes, women tend to gain some weight, retain water, etc., it's never been something we're aware of in ourselves in such a detailed way.

And here's some more news: it can change month to month.
    Some months, horrendous cramps, heavy flow, wanting to throw up frequently.
    The next month, minor twinges, no real inconvenience.
    For myself, I haven't noticed any pattern, so I can't predict what's coming up next month.
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh less the first two days. The second day I am a balloon by the end of it and stay that way for 2-3 days
  • cottonta1l
    cottonta1l Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Not exactly! I weigh up to 5 pounds more the week BEFORE, and then it all drops off when I start. Doesn't bother me at all, it's only water.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Two pounds? Lucky duck... I vary between five to eight pounds more.
  • elizabethportman
    Options
    It actually happens. So, do not get worried about it. And, you may pause your regular weight loss programs or exercises.
  • runnergirl0419
    runnergirl0419 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get such bad PMS that i gain around 4 pounds on my period. It always ALWAYS comes off within 3 or 4 days of starting my period, and if I am good about eating during those days I will often lose more afterwards.
  • dlkingsbury
    dlkingsbury Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I was up 2lbs during TOM - it's normal and it'll most likely be off again afterwards. I just try not to weigh that week!
  • dcnemesis
    dcnemesis Posts: 31
    Options
    Oh my god I HATE this so much. I find I always bloat on days where I have something important to go to. grrr

I seriously gain 5 lbs on the scale during my period. Not the week before or anything, but about 2 days before and all during.