National Bike Challenge 2014

Options

Replies

• LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Got today a 43 miles ride in!!! I am logging it in a minute.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My miles and consistency improved a lot through May, so I'm looking forward to June. Will focus more on riding as many days as possible, and not just improving mileage.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Just did a 53 mile ride, felt great to get a long ride in been too long.
  • joshuaminso
    joshuaminso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just signed up, should have done it earlier as I have ridden a solid 20+ miles the past couple weeks. It's ok though because our new bikes are due in this week and we plan on covering a lot of ground. We even chose one of our hotels for our honeymoon because they have free bikes to rent and a lot of areas to ride. I use map my ride to log everything.

I think it gives you credit from the beginning of the month if you logged your rides in MapMyRide.

Yeah I figured that out :) It really helped. Now we got our new bikes but with the wedding in two weeks and honeymoon, I am not sure how much we will ride. Gotta make time for those strong lifts :)
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Am I dedicated or crazy? We had two open houses today, one of which I helped at. Then I dropped my boys off at a Sweet 16 party. When I came home, I fell asleep checking my email! So instead of getting my ride in at 7, I just rode in the dark when we got home at 10pm! Two miles is better than none, but I feel kind of silly, being so determined not to miss days. (Especially) since I missed two days over the holiday weekend.)
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    did a portion of the bike route (12 miles) for the Iron Girl triathlon I'm doing in august...plan on doing it again tonite - weather permitting... may add in the run tonite as well..the transition from bike to run is super hard for me, and I hate running but I have to do it...
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I am really enjoying the stats in this Challenge. I can't believe some of the states with such few riders and the miles they log. I didn't know there were extra points for riding every day so that I will have to work on it. I almost road last night and now I wish I had. For the rest of the month -- every day though. :smile:
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I like the stats too. I can't believe I'm the only participant from my town! Can't ride every day, but have been upping the miles. So glad I joined this!
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    I didn't know there were extra points for riding every day so that I will have to work on it.

This is influencing me too, though I've already missed one and am aiming at more like 5x/week. I had a flat tire that stopped my ride at 1.41 miles yesterday (had to fix in the evening and ride today instead), and convinced myself that it wasn't so bad since I could go ahead and take my rest day then and yet get credit for riding.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 2 a days today so I wonder if there is even more bonus for riding twice in a day?

I haven't looked at how it's all calculated.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Week one down, and so far I'm being much more consistent than last month, especially the beginning of last month--made my 5 of 7 days and just under 75 miles. Next week is going to be kind of crazy at work, but I'm going to make 5 of 7 and at least 70 miles my goals.
  • michelefrench
    Options
    short bike ride last nite, but I did all three tri parts - swam, biked and ran - and felt decent about it...6 weeks to first tri, yikes.
  • JTUSAFRet
    JTUSAFRet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jeff, I have been a member of a local Texas team but converted over to MFP today. I rode over 400 last month and have around 127 this month.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Figured out how to change the monthly view to a grand total view within the MFP club.

Just click on the word "Challenge Period" below May-Sep.
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    Since I joined the team I have rode about 200 miles and my girl friend rode over a 100 miles for the team!!:smile:
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 2 a days today so I wonder if there is even more bonus for riding twice in a day?

I haven't looked at how it's all calculated.

You don't. You get 20 points per day riding plus 1 point for each mile.
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    I have now rode over 300 miles since joining the team!! My girl friend is over 200 miles. so were doing our part to help the team. I'm3 rd over all from my city out of 15 ppl and like 130 over all from Michigan!
  • michelefrench
    Options
    rode 19 miles last nite...after pulling a truck!! a full sized pick up w/a loaded bed - kinda pumped about that :bigsmile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I just found this. Can I back log all my rides from May 1? (I use Strava with a Garmin).
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just found this. Can I back log all my rides from May 1? (I use Strava with a Garmin).
    I think you have to input all your miles by midnight on the last day of the month. You should be able to input all of June though...