Celebration! 13 months - down 66lbs

Options
slimbettie
slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
Thank you Myfitnesspal. Thank you for being there for me every day for the past 13 months, even if I ignored you at times, even if I lied to you, and even if I hated you at times. You took me from a super obese, very ignorant, unhealthy and sad person, to one that is now much happier, healthier and enlightened. Yes, sure I miss the days where I could scoff on pastries, crisps and chocolates without even thinking of the calorie content, but what is the price I pay for that?

You showed me a world where I can lose weight without deprivation and starvation. Too often I would start on a “diet plan” only to give up in a couple of weeks’ time, feeling like a total failure. I “dieted” myself up to a massive 139kg (306lbs) over the course of 20 years. I would lose 10lbs, but gain 15lbs. Sounds familiar? I wish I could scream this from the rooftops “DIETS MAKE YOU FAT!!!”

The 17th of May 2013 was just another random day. For some reason, I joined your world, and you changed my life. I tell everyone I know about you. They look at me blankly, with a look of ‘”whatever”. But I know, I know! I know what you mean to me, what you offer and what you stand for.

I look forward to the next 13 months in your good company; to more learning, more laughter and getting real with myself. As I peel away the pounds, the layers of the new me emerges. Once I handled life by eating (happy, sad…), but now I learn to handle life in all its glory, the good, the bad and the ugly. But I am not worried, because you help me with the skills to deal with stuff I never thought I would.

You’ve encouraged me. You’ve supported me. You’ve loved me. When I could not even love myself.

My hubby teases me about you, you know. He says you are my boyfriend! I guess that is because we spend so much time together, I don’t know. But jokes aside, Myfitnesspal, you have been such a great pal, to thousands of people, and to me. Besides, you are only a click away!

SW: 139kg (306lbs)
CW: 109kg (240lbs)
Loss to date: 30kg (66lbs)
Time taken: 13 months
5’4 Female, 36 years old

BEFORE: 17 May 2014: 306lbs (It was very hard to let my hubby take this pic. No sides and back shots, I was just too embarrassed).
c02e3dce-d5e8-436e-a510-8ab2f06d25b9_zps29d17190.jpg
DURING: 20 June 2014: 240lbs
6020afa9-53f0-4784-a809-de7163fabef2_zps07b542af.jpg
Just for fun!
Back in 2010: Approx 310lbs (might even be more!)
ce966a19-90a6-4b0a-a2c4-853e98514e94_zpsce008f23.jpg
Today: 240lbs
f87c3b57-c336-42be-adf3-1f7e18ff36fe_zpsd18c6ba9.jpg

Replies

• carolynh7
    carolynh7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    amazing achievement - well done :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work!!
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing achievement - great job :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Thank you Myfitnesspal. Thank you for being there for me every day for the past 13 months, even if I ignored you at times, even if I lied to you, and even if I hated you at times. You took me from a super obese, very ignorant, unhealthy and sad person, to one that is now much happier, healthier and enlightened. Yes, sure I miss the days where I could scoff on pastries, crisps and chocolates without even thinking of the calorie content, but what is the price I pay for that?

You showed me a world where I can lose weight without deprivation and starvation. Too often I would start on a “diet plan” only to give up in a couple of weeks’ time, feeling like a total failure. I “dieted” myself up to a massive 139kg (306lbs) over the course of 20 years. I would lose 10lbs, but gain 15lbs. Sounds familiar? I wish I could scream this from the rooftops “DIETS MAKE YOU FAT!!!”

The 17th of May 2013 was just another random day. For some reason, I joined your world, and you changed my life. I tell everyone I know about you. They look at me blankly, with a look of ‘”whatever”. But I know, I know! I know what you mean to me, what you offer and what you stand for.

I look forward to the next 13 months in your good company; to more learning, more laughter and getting real with myself. As I peel away the pounds, the layers of the new me emerges. Once I handled life by eating (happy, sad…), but now I learn to handle life in all its glory, the good, the bad and the ugly. But I am not worried, because you help me with the skills to deal with stuff I never thought I would.

You’ve encouraged me. You’ve supported me. You’ve loved me. When I could not even love myself.

My hubby teases me about you, you know. He says you are my boyfriend! I guess that is because we spend so much time together, I don’t know. But jokes aside, Myfitnesspal, you have been such a great pal, to thousands of people, and to me. Besides, you are only a click away!

SW: 139kg (306lbs)
    CW: 109kg (240lbs)
    Loss to date: 30kg (66lbs)
    Time taken: 13 months
    5’4 Female, 36 years old

BEFORE: 17 May 2014: 306lbs (It was very hard to let my hubby take this pic. No sides and back shots, I was just too embarrassed).
    c02e3dce-d5e8-436e-a510-8ab2f06d25b9_zps29d17190.jpg
    DURING: 20 June 2014: 240lbs
    6020afa9-53f0-4784-a809-de7163fabef2_zps07b542af.jpg
    Just for fun!
    Back in 2010: Approx 310lbs (might even be more!)
    ce966a19-90a6-4b0a-a2c4-853e98514e94_zpsce008f23.jpg
    Today: 240lbs
    f87c3b57-c336-42be-adf3-1f7e18ff36fe_zpsd18c6ba9.jpg

Well done and congratulations. Please continue and let that beauty that you have being hiding for so long finally shine - your face before and after is very evident of that.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job on your journey! Congratulations!
  • JenVii
    JenVii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congratulations.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep working hard and know you are worth every ounce of effort and drop of sweat.
    You are inspiring people!!!
  • zaina510
    zaina510 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! :)
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just wow - look at you! The difference in your face alone is amazing. Great work you gorgeous woman!!
  • Joyfulkneves23
    Joyfulkneves23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and you have a really great smile :)
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed your love letter to MFP, it expresses my own thoughts and experiences so well. Congratulations on learning what is involved in losing the weight and getting healthy. (It took us long enough, didn't it :)) You are very beautiful and I look forward to hearing more from you as you continue on your journey to better health!
  • sassareno
    sassareno Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Keep up the awesome work!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lovely lovely story - keep going. I want to read your story when you get GW.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    You are looking great- you look so happy. Congrats
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for all the compliments and kind words :blushing: I sure feel like a superstar today!!!!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats...you look great:smile:
  • theflatpick
    theflatpick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to stick with it!!
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats awesome! I'm def hoping I'm right behind you!!
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Gratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!