1200 cal/day girls! Let's share our diaries!

Options

Replies

• 4NGI
    4NGI Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also on 1,200 I'd be really happy to have some gals to share with on here. Anyone who wants to add me please do. :)
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm doing 1200 cal. :)
  • madaraku
    madaraku Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm also on 1200 cal diet!
    BUT I can not lose that 1 kg per week!
    Can you?
  • BlueButterfly37
    BlueButterfly37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi- I try to stay right around 1200, please add me
  • JennsJourney30
    JennsJourney30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    feel fee to add me...
    im at 1400/day now, was at 17 something when i started...

why do i feel like if i leave something off my diary it doesnt count?? LOL i know! when i know im going to go over i actually dont want to add it..but i make myself anyway...
  • JennsJourney30
    JennsJourney30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yikes.

Use the calculator on www.iifym.com

The MFP calculators are awful. If you are 5'10" your BMR is much more than 1200.

Could be doing yourself a huge disservice in the long run if you eat too little. Think about the nutrients alone, do you really think you are eating 100% of your vitamin A every day eating 1200 kcals, just as an example? It builds over time and you can end up malnourished.

Anyway, use the calculators on www.iifym.com they are way more accurate.

I can't work out due to an injury so I'm completely sedentary, I'm the same height as you and I'm currently cutting at 1680 with great success.

i did mine and it says BMR is 1685 does that mean i need to eat that daily? im 5 foot 3 and weight right now 219.9 (as of this morning) female and 30
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My diary is far from perfect. Most days I'm coming in around 1200 cals, but it's the snacking I can't control!!

I am 30 years old, 5'10" 161(ish) lbs.

My good friend is getting married at the end of the summer, and I've bought a {{ BACK-LESS!!}} dress to wear.

My goal is to be under 150lbs (I'll even take 149!)

Just looking for some motivation, so add me :)
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    At 5'10 and 160 you should be right in your normal BMI. It looks like you're trying to lose 15 pounds before the end of summer or in 8 weeks which will be difficult. I agree the problem may be you're not getting enough calories thereby slowing your metabolism. You won't be able to cut calories to achieve that goal, so your only option is to burn it through exercise.

Good Luck
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Yikes.

The MFP calculators are awful. If you are 5'10" your BMR is much more than 1200.

Could be doing yourself a huge disservice in the long run if you eat too little. Think about the nutrients alone, do you really think you are eating 100% of your vitamin A every day eating 1200 kcals, just as an example? It builds over time and you can end up malnourished.

I can't work out due to an injury so I'm completely sedentary, I'm the same height as you and I'm currently cutting at 1680 with great success.

i did mine and it says BMR is 1685 does that mean i need to eat that daily? im 5 foot 3 and weight right now 219.9 (as of this morning) female and 30

It means that is the amount of calories your body needs to survive. You should be eating your TDEE minus 20%.
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I at the 1200 cal range and am pretty sedentary these days looking for tips and inspiration. Will be doibpng my first weight in tomorrow since I started 15 days ago. Kinda scary
    Limo king forward to sharing
    Feel free to ad me as a friend
    Dieting in TO
    :flowerforyou:
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You are all perfect!

but you are all idiots!

you need to eat more then 1200 cals....please stop this stupidity...
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If 1200 is so horrible for you and this is widely acknowledged shouldn't we all get together with a feedback thread and request that they up it to an acceptable level? Can't blame these folks when mfp shoves it down your throat by giving unrealistic options.
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You are all perfect!

but you are all idiots!

you need to eat more then 1200 cals....please stop this stupidity...

1,200 is enough as MOST websites tells you as long as you don't eat BELOW that number!!!!!

If people are working out too then they need to eat more!!!!!

Do not call people names because you disagree with them. If you totally disagree then that's fine we all have opinions but you could give advice or suggest links to read that backs up your claim rather than name calling. Esp when most most website say 1,200 is okay dependent on lifestyles and such.
  • Dewdrop_Rose
    Dewdrop_Rose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm on the second day of the 1200 calorie diet. I was told this was what I needed to eat by MFP.

I was fine in the morning and at lunch time yesterday and I actually felt quiet full. However after my dinner, which was my biggest meal the day, and this morning I've felt so hungry.

I've already snacked and I still don't feel better.

How do you cope with the hunger. I can't go on like this.
  • Dewdrop_Rose
    Options
    Yikes.

I just used that calculator and I came out with 1270 which is barely any more then the MFP one gave me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm on the second day of the 1200 calorie diet. I was told this was what I needed to eat by MFP.

I was fine in the morning and at lunch time yesterday and I actually felt quiet full. However after my dinner, which was my biggest meal the day, and this morning I've felt so hungry.

I figure out the most food I can eat and still lose weight, not the minimum. Use a TDEE calculator.
  • Motivation712014
    Motivation712014 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am totally open about my diary. Here to support and motivate, please feel free to add me. I am determined to lose 10lbs that I gained over the winter.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I figure out the most food I can eat and still lose weight, not the minimum. Use a TDEE calculator.

^^ This.

Why do people have to go balls to the wall and aim to lose weight as quick as they can, risking losing the very muscle that will help keep their metabolisms burning? For MOST, 1200 is totally unnecessary and only sets you up for longterm failure.

Most of the success stories on here, those that have stayed the distance, are those who RESEARCHED their BMR(base metabolic rate) and their TDEE(Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and ate between those numbers, or at least ate above their BMR. The idea is NOT to eat as little as you possibly can...that is not an achievement. The aim is to eat as much as you can get away with while still losing weight, so that A) You fuel your workouts well and thus can burn more fat b)You retain as much muscle as possible which also helps burn fat c) The transition into maintenance is easier and more likely to last because you do have had enough calories available to make a true lifestyle change that LASTS rather than going on the usual, generic, quick fix 'Diet'.

Please people, do some research and set your calorie goal at what you actually need for your own longterm success instead of blindly following the mfp numbers. It is a tool, not an all knowing God.
  • Dewdrop_Rose
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

^^ This.

Why do people have to go balls to the wall and aim to lose weight as quick as they can, risking losing the very muscle that will help keep their metabolisms burning? For MOST, 1200 is totally unnecessary and only sets you up for longterm failure.

Most of the success stories on here, those that have stayed the distance, are those who RESEARCHED their BMR(base metabolic rate) and their TDEE(Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and ate between those numbers, or at least ate above their BMR. The idea is NOT to eat as little as you possibly can...that is not an achievement. The aim is to eat as much as you can get away with while still losing weight, so that A) You fuel your workouts well and thus can burn more fat b)You retain as much muscle as possible which also helps burn fat c) The transition into maintenance is easier and more likely to last because you do have had enough calories available to make a true lifestyle change that LASTS rather than going on the usual, generic, quick fix 'Diet'.

Please people, do some research and set your calorie goal at what you actually need for your own longterm success instead of blindly following the mfp numbers. It is a tool, not an all knowing God.

I agree with your general sentiment, but it's hard. There is so much contradictory information out there, it's difficult to know who or what to rely on.

I'm not trying to loose weight rapidly - I'd much prefer a simple sustainable plan and I don't want to be unhealthy. I never set out on this journey with the intention of eating 1200, but that was what was recommended to me by more then one source.

However I'm not a scientist or nutritionist so I am relying on the information of others to decide what to do. I have done research and used different websites to try to come to a conclusion but this doesn't necessarily make the issue any clearer. The IIFYM website which was recommended in this thread has given me contradictory results as to what my BMR is, so what to do?
  • cakeribs
    cakeribs Posts: 22
    Options
    I eat around 1200-1400 most days and I do not snack, because I am on a low carb diet. IMO that is the key. You wanna be hungry all the time? Keep eating all that bread/pasta/sugar. The only time I am hungry is near my period. I won't be gaining weight back because this is a lifestyle change. I will *never* eat bread again, and that is not a hardship/"unsustainable" (everyone's favorite word). I know what it does to my body and have no interest in it.

I have PCOS, don't sleep and am rather sedentary, which means losing weight is a nightmare. TBH I don't know how people eat 2,000 calories (I assume exercise/eating back). The rare occasions I get to 1600 (which is my TDEE-20), I am literally forcing food into my mouth and feel very uncomfortable.

I really wish healthy people would realize they are healthy and don't have issues that some people have. What works for you may not work for everyone.