MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd
    Yellow Lab
    Rottweiler
    Doberman
    Poodle (standard or miniature)
    Greyhound
    and last, but not least - Dachshunds. Because they are just so goofy and stubborn.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Papillon! Beautiful. So much personality. And very empathetic with whoever she is with at the moment. If you just get past the giant ears. :laugh:
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Baja Rescue mutts!
    Prime example in profile photo. Ralphie is (we think) part terrier, dachshund, chihuahua, border collie, and beagle. But who knows. He is the BEST.
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Labradoodle - best dog ever. Happy, loving, active, non-shedding, exuberant personality. Can't get better :smile:

But all in all, we all need the dog that suits our own life. And that is the best dog.

My friend recently got a Peke-a-Poo-Mo and he is an amazingly adorable, sweet dog! Not too big, high energy. (Pekingese, Poodle, American Eskimo mix).
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Newfoundland (see ticker)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    I have a chi, and a chug (chi/pug mix) and a jack Russell. But I honestly have nothing against any dog. I can be intimidated by a few breeds, and I've been bitten by two different Chi's. I've had Labs and Collie's also in my lifetime.
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    :heart: Cane Corso for me :heart:
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    dashhound
  • danaaae
    danaaae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a dog lover in general but -

Akita! Number one for me although the bi-annual shedding of the undercoat is out of this world.

Coming in at very close second - pit bulls

Rotties
    Bullmastiffs
    bull terriers
    springer spaniels
    malamutes
    salukis/afghan hounds/ibizian hounds/pharoah hounds are pretty/elegant although I'd never own one
    Chesapeake bay retrievers
    and many more...that I will never own lol
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Saint Bernards. They are they ultimate cuddle masters!

dbc0d01d16ae677fb97aaa4bc7f2b0bd2ad3.jpg
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    <---- Bouvier des Flanders
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Boxers for sure!!

and Rhodesian ridgebacks
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    My top breed is a Shiba Inu. I currently have one and I adore her. I can't remember exactly when I "discovered" this breed, but I know it was in my pre-teen years. I originally wasn't planning on getting a dog, but the opportunity came up and I jumped on it. I've had her for almost 7 years now :smile:

Shibas are (generally) very intelligent, independent, aloof and quiet.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    tl;dr

I like herding/working dogs. Shetland sheepdogs, German Shepherds, Collies...such smart dogs, so easy to train and as long as you give them enough mental and physical stimulation, they're great indoor dogs too.
  • NorthCountryDreamer
    NorthCountryDreamer Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have owned an Australian Shephard. They are good for running. He struggled with allergies and bad hips. For a good house dog we have had a couple toy poodles. No shedding with poodle and they are smart.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Boxers for sure!!

I forgot about Boxers! They always look so concerned hahaha
  • NorthCountryDreamer
    NorthCountryDreamer Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have owned an Australian Shephard. They are good for running. He struggled with allergies and bad hips. For a good house dog we have had a couple toy poodles. No shedding with poodle and they are smart.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Puggles! they are so smart, loyal, fun, and very affectionate!!!
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my six dogs!!! But I am very partial to BLUE HEELERS! I have three of them... Cowgirl, Billy the Kid and Butch Cassidy. I also have a half german shepard and blue heeler, his name is Jesse James. Then there's Bufford T Justice my blind black and tan bloodhound. My youngest one is a great pyrennes and his name is Johnny Ringo. He's the biggest of them all and so cuddley! Such good kids! The heelers are very loyal and smart! They all enjoy going on trail rides with us. Just love them! Can you imagine all six in the house? All of them come inside every night!
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Love Big Dogs!