What's your favorite breed of dog?

Options

Replies

• JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yorkies! I have four of them. One purebred, three rescued.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    German Shepard's and Pit Bulls!!
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Keeshond

Wow - congrats on naming the first breed I had to Google. OMG adorable!

I know! He was an awesome dog. Such a fluffball!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I've had quite a few Boston Terriers in my life, and each one has a unique personality. I love their open and friendly attitudes.

I've owned a teacup poodle for the last 13 years, and she's still my baby. I'd love to have another like her.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Most rescued terrier or hound mutts are just right in my book. Have had way too much experience with whacked out, imbred, "pure" breeds over the years
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    English Bull Mastiff is my dream dog. They're just so big and lovable, lazy as all hell but super protective. I also want a Corgi.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Sibes, although they are a pain in the butt. Especially after being used to obedient Border Collies :P Most of all though, I prefer mutts.

The only dogs I don't really like are really tiny dogs like chihuahuas. They tend to have a lot of mental issues and get away with it because they're small.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    English Bull Mastiff is my dream dog. They're just so big and lovable, lazy as all hell but super protective. I also want a Corgi.

Talk about opposite ends of the size spectrum. :laugh:
  • TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cocker Spaniels for sure!! I lost my blondie boy about 2 yrs ago to Cancer. He was almost 11yrs old. Now I have 2 black ones..a boy and a girl. They have all been rescues
  • curvygirl77
    curvygirl77 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Pit Bull---I rescued two of them
  • velocityc6
    velocityc6 Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    German Shepherd and Belgian Malinois - very intelligent dogs
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    The cat breed. Dogs are awful. Ok not ALL dogs, but most. If I HAD to tolerate a breed, it would be something not smelly, ugly, drooly, doesn't shed, doesn't eat/crap a ton, and doesn't bark all the time or have an annoying yappy voice. What breed would that be? :laugh:

A Basenji.

Short hair, hypoallergenic, 25-35 lbs, but strong, loyal and does not bark.

basenji_Fla.JPG

lg_basenji10.jpg

Cute-Basenji-Puppy.jpg
  • jk1918
    jk1918 Posts: 22
    Options
    Pomeranian- I have 3
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Ok... my fav dogs have been a Rottie, German shepherd, Doberman, and I have had a wonderful lab who came into my life as a middle-aged lady. I cannot imagine a household without a large-breed dog, and a Jack Russell Terrier... or without a dog in general.

My last German shepherd died about a month ago, at 13. Her photo is in my files I have a couple purebred Jack's, a JRT/Doxie mix, and a little 4 lb Chihuahua.

This is Roxie: 93853679d5ba4011c42015c5f2ffa87420ff_thumb.jpg
  • tarynb1992
    Options
    Kooikerhondje--I've never had one but aspire to one day own one (super adorable doggie). I would like to name him Johan or Bach, along with a two or three-toed sloth named Jebidiah..dreams

30367517.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • SeaDragonIsland
    Options
    Boxer! Good friendly dog, that's not to small not, too large (mines only 51lbs) and very entertaining. watch them greet you and you'll see them wag their whole body while twisting themselves in two.
  • PeacefulBalance
    PeacefulBalance Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Australian Shepards and Golden Retrievers! :)

I have a 5 month old aussie right now (mini) and she's doing the crazy puppy run at the moment.
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    American Staffordshire terriers, cane corsos, doberman pinchers, Siberian huskies, bloodhounds, greyhounds, mastiffs
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bull Terrier, aka Spuds!
  • rsemsem
    rsemsem Posts: 63
    Options
    long hair dachshund