So what is your 4th of July food strategy?

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

Also, how about a little respect for the troops that fight hard to protect our "useless" independence.

Too much merica f yeah, donchaknow.

And yet here you are.....would you rather be in some place that you are looked upon as a 3rd class citizen or even worse?
    I have been to those places, seen the joy of people who have been freed by our coming to their aid. so a little "merica f yeah" SHOULD be thrown out there. ohhh wait..there it is ..that donchaknow...right...WI....never mind..go drink your lousy beer and find "no longer care" boy and have fun sitting around staring at each other

You're one of those friendly fire types that reclassifies it as incoming enemy fire in the AAR, eh?
  • m_o_
    m_o_ Posts: 40 Member
    I'm going to San Antonio for the weekend and plan to eat like a starved person but only because there is a Korean Market I absolutely adore.

I also plan to wander around the park most of the weekend so I am hoping it will balance itself out.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    My strategy is simple: disassociate myself from normal, food-eating society and watch fireworks on TV while waving a dollar store American flag and cursing the world for sabotaging my weight loss journey.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    well, this year the 4th of July falls during Ramadan, and I, as a Muslim, will be fasting all day, and will probably go see the fireworks at night. not your average 4th of july haha
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Adults actually celebrate the 4th of July? I have never understood that. It's such a useless holiday. I won't be going anywhere or doing anything so I'm not worried about it.

Also, how about a little respect for the troops that fight hard to protect our "useless" independence.

Too much merica f yeah, donchaknow.

And yet here you are.....would you rather be in some place that you are looked upon as a 3rd class citizen or even worse?
    I have been to those places, seen the joy of people who have been freed by our coming to their aid. so a little "merica f yeah" SHOULD be thrown out there. ohhh wait..there it is ..that donchaknow...right...WI....never mind..go drink your lousy beer and find "no longer care" boy and have fun sitting around staring at each other

Thank you! Yes! I thank every. single. man and woman who has and is fighting for our freedom and the human rights and freedoms of others. Thank you for doing what many don't want to think about (i.e. "awful" violence and blood shed--of course, I know that freedom isn't free, and is often "ugly" to obtain and secure).

Thank you to all who have served! Yes, I cry with both grief and pride for those who gave their lives and make sacrifices for our country. Including those who appear to be ungrateful for such freedom and liberty.

"Useless" holiday? Gross me out--that is a horrible sentiment (the message, not the messenger--just making it clear).

tumblr_m0bn7dDLa71qmaa05o1_400.gif
  • Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Eat whatever I want since YOLO. I will worry about my diet 2 days after when I get my beer thrist out of the way
  • My strategy is to not be American (edit: or rather continue not to be, I never was to begin with :p)

(/cry that I don't get to eat lots of nice food with you guys)
  • dbmata
    My strategy is to not be American (edit: or rather continue not to be, I never was to begin with :p)

I could see how an island of tea drinkers might not appreciate our celebration. ;)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Going to celebrate like a true American and eat everything in sight. I'm just being patriotic, guys.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    My strategy is to not be American (edit: or rather continue not to be, I never was to begin with :p)

Get OUT of our thread, then! :wink: :laugh:

That's all right. You Brits know how to celebrate Christmastime, fo sho! You can show us Yanks how to do it right, then!:flowerforyou:
  • dbmata
    You want Christmas?

Germans. Fo sho. ;)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Eat at maintenance or above. Not a big deal either way to me just a day.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Drink my little butt off and stuff my face its my birthday weekend :drinker: :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    My strategy is to eat the food. Not sure what else I'd do with it.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    I'll probably have a grilled shrimp and veggie kabob, a burger, corn on the cob, and pasta salad. And homebrewed raspberry wheat beer of course!

I find that if i do the kabob and pasta salad for lunch and the burger and corn for supper (bbq's usually overlap the two meals) my calories come out just fine.

The trick is to avoid mindless snacking on chips and cheese and crackers.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    i have an 8k in the morning (hoping for a PR) then I plan to enjoy myself at my neighborhood pig roast and drink beer. not gonna worry about one day.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Drink my little butt off and stuff my face its my birthday weekend :drinker: :tongue: :bigsmile:

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Same as usual for a day I don't work. Food in moderation - and try to be more active than my days spent at a desk job. :)

May get together w/ friends for the 4th - grill food. Lean beef hot dogs. Fruits & veggies. Maybe even an adult beverage or two!
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member

We're right across the pond. Come over!