Looks or Personality?

Options

Replies

• TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Because you would rather be physically attracted to them, rather than being attracted to them for things other than solely being beautiful. I'd much rather have someone who was average, and had a great personality and intelligen, than someone who's hot like barbie, and stupid as rocks, and a ***** to boot... Looks are not everything. Yes, even average people have these traits too, but they can be weeded out. I am more likely to approach someone who is not giving off the 'I am better than everyone' vibe than one who is not.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Because you would rather be physically attracted to them, rather than being attracted to them for things other than solely being beautiful. I'd much rather have someone who was average, and had a great personality and intelligen, than someone who's hot like barbie, and stupid as rocks, and a ***** to boot... Looks are not everything. Yes, even average people have these traits too, but they can be weeded out. I am more likely to approach someone who is not giving off the 'I am better than everyone' vibe than one who is not.

I don't recall saying looks was all I cared about. Matter of fact I think I said looks starts the attraction then personality takes over 60/40 split.
  • borst13
    borst13 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Thankfully looks are subjective. I'd find a manly man with a beard who could chop down a tree in the road if it meant saving his family attractive while a guy who looks like he spends more time on his eyebrows than me not so great. Which to me means eye candy is worthless unless it's for one night. So sweat pant version of me still loves personality more
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Looks are about as useful as tits on a bull. I like my women physically strong, aggressive, and funny. Besides... everyone gets old and wrinkly... but nobody wants to be around a mean old person.
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    PERSONALITY specially in my generation lol since a good looking girl now is the one with a lot of duck faces and almost naked boob and *kitten* shots on Instagram
  • CoolFellow
    CoolFellow Posts: 21
    Options
    its always both...!
  • awak3ned
    awak3ned Posts: 64
    Options
    Personality before looks but hey there needs to be some attraction of course.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Personality - especially if she's hot!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Personality first
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I need both...looks alone seem shallow, but personality rules looks.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    looks...I can hire actors if I wanted personality
  • ribqah
    ribqah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    looks...I can hire actors if I wanted personality

You can hire actors if you want looks, too.

I don't think it's true that looks are the only thing that attract you to a stranger. Attraction is more complicated than that. I'm not Quasimodo or anything, but I'm not a 10, either -- and I get approached by men in public with a frequency I've never stopped finding surprising. I'm not dolled up at the time -- if I'm out shopping or running errands, it's jeans or sweats, and usually no makeup. I'm not a supermodel. I'm not thin. But that doesn't seem to matter. I can only assume that it's something about the way I carry myself. And that's a product more of my personality than my looks.

I've been around guys who -- if I were judging solely by objective looks -- wouldn't garner a second glance but who, for some reason I couldn't quite explain, have absolutely floored me from the start. It's like they walked around in a warm cloud of sexiness that enveloped my senses. A mischievous smile, a certain rumble in the voice, a wicked sense of humor, a sharp mind, a certain charismatic energy -- any or all of these things can be incredibly attractive. And the more I knew them, the more attractive they became.

Conversely, a guy -- even one who is incredibly good-looking -- who comes off as cocky, self-obsessed, or shallow actually physically repulses me. It's like I can smell it on them.

When I say I want personality rather than looks, I'm not lying. But it's not because I discount attractiveness as a necessary component -- it's because personality can be incredibly sexy!
  • kittykat11111
    Options
    I need both...looks alone seem shallow, but personality rules looks.

I agree, there has to be a physical connection too.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Personality...but luckily I didn't have to choose--husband has both! :drinker:
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    There's a certain "Look" that attracts us to someone, but personality wins the day. That being said, though, you can't motorboat a personality!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking yesterday about how not only is my husband incredibly kind and also intelligent, but he is also handsome. Both are conducive to a happy life together.
  • mopar_lover
    mopar_lover Posts: 198
    Options
    inner beauty triumphs over outer beauty. Personality first!
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    both ....why settle for less....
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    personality
  • runnergirl0721
    runnergirl0721 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I am more on personality but there has to be that attraction too. But if someone can make me laugh and smile...