Pepper

Mix together and form into patties.Fry using spray Pam
  • ddpiel
    Options
    Bump
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did this with trout yesterday, but it's a good technique for salmon, too, I think. I recommend it (at least the trout version, I loved it so much):

2 whole trouts / 4 salmon filets

Mix: about 30grams of butter, 1 tbsp of dill, 1 tbsp of parsley, pepper, 1 chopped clove of garlic, 1 chopped onion

Salt the fish (don't be too generous, fish is easily over salted), smear the mixture on the fish (and into, if using whole fish), wrap each fish/filet into aluminium foil individually.
    Grill it and flip it every 5 to 7 minutes for 30mins if whole fish and 15mins if filet.
  • circesfire
    Options
    My mom's salmon recipe is the best - she always gets compliments and is so easy. You can grill it, broil it or bake it.

Mix soy sauce, white wine or sake, ginger, and some sugar. I usually add a little garlic too. It is super yummy and so easy!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Enough olive oil to coat skillet (about 2 tsp.) on medium heat. Add 2 tb. soy sauce with crushed or dried garlic and ginger (about 1 tsp. combined), and brown on both sides. Simple, elegant, and oh, so good! I serve it with a fresh spinach salad and it's a great combo.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    what ? just stick it into the oven, no herbs and no crap :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    By "grill" do you mean "BBQ"? This will work equally well in an oven or hot BBQ. In the UK, grill means broil.

Take a sheet of tin foil, place some chopped veg and dill (fresh/dried, doesn't matter) on it, the size of your piece of fish.
    Put the fish on top,
    Place a slice of lemon on top of that.
    Wrap it up and place in hot oven/BBQ.
    Cook for 20 minutes for a fillet, 30 minutes for a half side of salmon.

You can also marinate the salmon in teriyaki sauce (soy sauce and honey), or just soy sauce, if you prefer, then broil (uk: grill) or fry it in coconut oil. Then you can flake it and add it to a chicken or veg stock and serve with ramen or over rice or simply with a salad. The above marinade is made even better if you adhere to the rule of 5 flavours:

Salty: soy sauce
    Sweet: honey or maple syrup
    Sour: lime juice or rice wine vinegar
    Bitter: Shias shing rice wine
    Umami: fish sauce
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    POACHED SALMON

½ c. dry white wine
    ½ c. water
    2 T. butter (give or take, depending on how much you want or don't want) - cut into little cubes
    1-½ t. dried parsley
    1-½ t. chopped garlic
    Salt and pepper

Heat wine and water over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet for 5 minutes.

Add salmon, skin side down, and dot with butter. Sprinkle with parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Bring to slow boil, reduce heat to medium, cover - poach until done, about 10-15 minutes.

Substitutions:

Sherry wine for white wine
    Garlic salt for fresh garlic (fresh is better - if using garlic salt, omit salt above)
    Fresh parsley for dried (dried is better in this recipe)
    Add tarragon and/or lemon juice - yes/no depending on your taste
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I have tried 2 of the recipes so far and both were good! Thanks!
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Whisk together Balsamic Vinegar (1/4 cup for two salmon fillets), 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp honey.
    Place salmon fillets in pan that is lined with foil and make multiple punctures in the fillets with a fork.
    Pour balsamic mixture over top.
    Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven at 375 F for 20 minutes.
    When you plate it, pour the balsamic mixture left in the pan overtop the salmon.
    I usually serve it with a half cup of wild rice, steamed broccoli, and spinach salad.
    A delicious, easy, and really healthy dinner.

That sounds awesome - thank you for sharing :-)

Tagging for dinner tonight! Looks yummy, thanks for sharing.
  • blacklatindivaaz
    blacklatindivaaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This works well for any fish.
    Either layer fish filets in glass baking dish or make indivual foil packet.
    Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
    Squeeze lemon juice over the seasoned fish.
    Top with fresh slived veggies. I use bell peper, onions, and peeled sliced cucumbers. Top with a slice of lemon.
    (If you do not like lemon on your fish, try the jucie and slice of lime, or orange!)
    Cover loosley with foil and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, depending on how done you lo,e your fish!

It siunds strange, but is amazing in taste! First time I ever had cooked cumcumbers, and they are great!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    bump
  • blacklatindivaaz
    blacklatindivaaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Grilled or Baked Salmon packet:happy: s
    on a piece of foil season salmon filet to taste ...I use garlic salt and black pepper on both sides .
    on top of the filet, i place a couple of strips of raw onion, bell pepper ( red, orange and yellow for color) and cucumber spears. squeese of leamon juice ( any citrus like orange or lime will do also) and a pat of diet margarine. wrap tightly o hold in juices and bake or grill for 10 minutes. If grilling turn over after 5 minutes. This is yummy and you would not think to eat cucumbers cooked! This can be done with any fish!
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I usually poach my salmon in green tea. Easy, peasy. Have been known to mix some raw honey (from my own bees) with soy sauce to glaze the top, too.

That sounds great....I will have to try that. I poach mine in a broth of miso.
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a tinfoil boat and squeeze lemon juice all over it and then crack some black pepper over it. Cover over the tinfoil and put in the oven for 25 mins.