Shirt or no Shirt?

Options

Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Is a sports bra or even a bikini appropriate to wear as you run through your neighborhood? It's more than just the hubby we are talking here. Do you have a Homeowner Association that frowns upon barely clothed ladies or men running through the neighborhood? Do you have a hyper conservative mother in the neighborhood that will cause trouble cause you exposed your body to their young 8 year old boy as you jogged by their house? Just something more to think about. Carry on as you feel comfortable. :-)

Does that world really exist? How depressing
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel that you need to work out in just a bra?
    So she gets looks from guys (and some gals I suppose).

tumblr_mlzawaoWdX1rcy99do1_500.gif

Is that the reason why she wears it? If so, then maybe she should honor her husbands request. Maybe he knows best.

Also how would she feel if he ran around the neighborhood in his underware?
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Is that the reason why she wears it? If so, then maybe she should honor her husbands request. Maybe he knows best.

tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Tell me you aren't serious.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Also how would she feel if he ran around the neighborhood in his underware?
    But it's not underwear. It's the equivelant of a man putting on a lycra shirt or something.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    But it's not underwear. It's the equivelant of a man putting on a lycra shirt or something.

!!!!!!!! QFT.
  • mrsmoulton
    mrsmoulton Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I hardly think a sports bra is considered barely clothed. It's hotter than hell outside. If you feel comfortable in a sports bra then wear it. It's not like you are naked. You wear less at the community pool and all the neighbors are there too.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know how deep his wallet goes but I'd drag him w/ you on a lululemon shopping trip and find their lightest tank tops (really can not FEEL when I'm wearing them and I live in Phoenix) and ask him how many $60 tiny pieces of fabric are worth it to him. Worst case you get some new tops that are easier to run in, best case, he caves.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Is a sports bra or even a bikini appropriate to wear as you run through your neighborhood? It's more than just the hubby we are talking here. Do you have a Homeowner Association that frowns upon barely clothed ladies or men running through the neighborhood? Do you have a hyper conservative mother in the neighborhood that will cause trouble cause you exposed your body to their young 8 year old boy as you jogged by their house? Just something more to think about. Carry on as you feel comfortable. :-)

Does that world really exist? How depressing

It does. It was. I moved.
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Well I don't know how deep his wallet goes but I'd drag him w/ you on a lululemon shopping trip and find their lightest tank tops (really can not FEEL when I'm wearing them and I live in Phoenix) and ask him how many $60 tiny pieces of fabric are worth it to him. Worst case you get some new tops that are easier to run in, best case, he caves.

Bahahaha, yes, that's perfect!
  • dob49737
    dob49737 Posts: 64
    Options
    NO SHIRT
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I really, really do not understand what is so scandalous about a sports bra, or exposed midriff for that matter.

I wouldn't say it's scandalous, but it will get you looked at, and some people are okay with that, and others, like me, really don't want to be stared at by strangers. I was out walking once on a local country dirt road in shorts and a tank top and two guys in a panel van slowed waaaay down and stared at me... woods both sides, no houses nearby. I did not like that at all. Never went walking that way again.

country dirt road?

perhaps did you think they slowed WAYYYYYYYYYY down so not to dust you?

that's quiet normal and polite behavior.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You know what, running in a sports bra is not a big deal. It's better than heat stroke.

People are going to stare, who cares?

When the humidity gets up there, it's awful. When I peel off my shirt and tuck into my running skirt, it feels much much cooler. It does make a difference. Really it does.

And no, I'm not some perfect skinny super model. I'm a real woman with a real body. I just don't want to keel over while running in almost 100degree temps with 85-90% humidity. :laugh:
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My wife doesn't want me to run in the a nude 5K
  • LanceKarcher
    LanceKarcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There was a Seinfeld episode related to this topic. Also a definite public service component to this issue in that you may be avoiding a whole lot of traffic accidents by modestly covering up a bit. Public safety should be considered and not taken lightly.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options

tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Tell me you aren't serious.

He knows her better than any of us. Maybe he feels like she is flaunting. Who knows?
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    has he seen you in it? girls work out in sports bras all the time at my gym and it aint even flashy. those things are huge, should just be called a support top.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Stupid question alert: Is it OK for me to run (in my neighborhood) in shorts and a sports bra? My husband says no, but maybe he just doesn't want people to "see" me lol. BUT it's freakin' hot. Today it is in the 90's and wearing clothes just sucks lol... If your husband/partner didn't want you to run in just a sports bra, would you put a shirt on?

I would respect my husband and put on a t-shirt. I've been married for 20 years; it's a small thing to ask for you to be modest when you run.

Do you love him, or do you love getting your own way? :love:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    If it bothered my husband that much, I would respect his wishes.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree! I pick my battles. I'd rather win the remote war!

We found a solution for the remote war. For a one-time $5, Time Warner gave us a second remote.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't run or walk in my neighborhood in just my bra - sports bra or otherwise. Respect your husband, and yourself, and put some clothes on. No, I'm not really a prude...