Tell me something interesting about you

Options
I just joined the site tonight. I'm going to try to spend some time on these forums getting to know many of you. I feel like making friends here will keep me coming back, which will keep me on track.

That said, tell me something interesting about yourself. Like maybe a unique skill, cool hobby, etc.

I need you to help me stick with this! I have 100 lbs to lose, and damn it, I'm going to do it.

Chris

Replies

• silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm Deaf.

boom.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is full of good info, but a lot of myths float around too. Make sure you do your research and soak in all the good stuff. You're going to do great, I'm sure!

My interesting fact: I was the school mascot when I was in High School. I used to do backflips in my bear costume :tongue:
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I grew up as one of Jehovahs Witnesses...now not a chance
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I hitchhiked with truckers through 22 states in 2008. Started out on Route 1 in Lorton, Virginia. Got as far south as Louisiana, as far west as Oklahoma, and as far north and east as Portsmouth, New Hampshire where I ended up back on Route 1!
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hi Chris, I ran a golf course in the city of Toronto for 25 years and I dont play golf... thats my weird fact i guess....I have 50lbs to lose then will reevaluate when I get there.
    Best of luck to you.

Cindy
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

I don't think I'm terribly interesting. The only thing I can think of is that I'm 34 and I can still do the splits?
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a 300 bottle nail polish collection, carefully curated and entered into a spreadsheet to track when I wear them/color family etc. My brother cast aspersions on my mental stability but I know he's just jealous.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am enthralled with wolves. I have always loved them. A few months back, we met one at a pet store named Flurry. I was hooked. We went up to the sanctuary where he lives and took a tour and it was like heaven. Now, once a month, I go up with my family and we volunteer, helping any way we can. The whole place is filled with wolves and wolf dogs who people bought and then found out they were not such great pets. It is a passion. I have fallen in love with Zoerro, he is an amazing creature who was bought when he was a few weeks old. He is used to being around people so I actually can interact with him and look into his eyes, there is magic in a wolf's eyes.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    shortly after college, i packed up my jeep and drove cross country from MD to CA (in mid-winter!) to get my career started in silicon valley. didn't have a job lined up. didn't know anybody there. didn't even have a place to stay.
  • mybeesknees
    mybeesknees Posts: 633
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Isn't that the same person that does the show, Most Evil? Love that show.

Here's my interesting fact: I'm ambidextrous through and through, if that makes any sense. I also drive using both of my feet.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a 300 bottle nail polish collection, carefully curated and entered into a spreadsheet to track when I wear them/color family etc. My brother cast aspersions on my mental stability but I know he's just jealous.
    Wow, that is staggering (in a non-judgemental way).

I'd like to be a body builder. I'm a 40 year old over weight mum from NZ and doubt I have the mental stamina to do it, but that's my pipe dream.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I have avoidant personality disorder, but I'm studying psychology because I have confidence that one day I'll learn to manage it. Okay, that might not be that interesting. :P

Let's try this again.

I almost lost my hand when I was two. My sisters put rubberbands on my hand. I was a quiet baby, slow to develop, barely cried. So, I didn't cry when I fell asleep that night even though they were still on my hand. I didn't cry until my hand was black. I was rushed to the hospital, of course, where I had to have surgery. Doctors said I would never use that hand. Ever again. It was my right hand.

Today. I am right handed.

Welcome to the site. :drinker:
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I have actually considered that career. I have... I admit, a strange fascination with antisocial personality disorder and psychopathology. I have decided, though, that someone with a social disorder probably wouldn't be fit for it.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been to Europe over 400 times (434 to be exact)... I am a flight attendant. And I hate olive oil.

Welcome and best of luck on your journey. As other posters have commented, take everything you read on here with a grain of salt and do research for yourself as well. And what works for them, may or may not work for you. Be patient. You'll get there!
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I have actually considered that career. I have... I admit, a strange fascination with antisocial personality disorder and psychopathology. I have decided, though, that someone with a social disorder probably wouldn't be fit for it.

This is the most fascinating thing I have read all day! It's like real life Hannibal Lector (sp?).
  • CarlynMatthew
    CarlynMatthew Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • juhnell2610
    juhnell2610 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So many interesting posts! I have alopecia universalis and lost all my hair from head to toe when I was about 10. I also lived in South America from 8 to 18 and spend a few months there every year
  • dcgriggs79
    Options
    Deaf? That actually is interesting to me. I've often wondered what it would be like, as weird as that may seem.
  • dcgriggs79
    Options
    Welcome :)

I don't think I'm terribly interesting. The only thing I can think of is that I'm 34 and I can still do the splits?

:O